Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

I'd prefer O'Leary to Curbishley but will be shot to shit for saying my own choice of current unemployed manager is Glenn Hoddle.

Of the employed managers i'd like Strachan.

Would Hoddle take orders from Wise though?

Would O'Leary or Curbishley or anyone else for that matter other than Poyet?

I'd prefer O'Leary to Curbishley but will be shot to shit for saying my own choice of current unemployed manager is Glenn Hoddle.

Of the employed managers i'd like Strachan.

Would Hoddle take orders from Wise though?

Would O'Leary or Curbishley or anyone else for that matter other than Poyet?

Yes they would.

I'd rather have Souness or Allardyce back than either O'Leary or Curbishley, and Strachan? Even the Celtic fans don't want him and he's won the league with them three times in a row! His football is worse than even Allardyces.

We are in deep shit, and then some.

Perhaps it's just a bad joke Ashley made up lat night? "let's phone the Chronic and tell them we're picking Curbs or O Leary, that'll teach the bastards."

Ashley may not get his price and we might not be sold. We could end up with an owner who is only thinking about selling, a board who know their time is up and a manager who knows he is a stop-gap appointment only.

Not exactly an ideal recipe for success. If this continues for any length of time, we are going down :o

This unfortunately is exactly the the scenario I see happening, Ashley won't sell for a price that doesn't see him make a tidy profit. I hope I'm wrong but I seriously think we may be in for a hell of a battle to stay in the PL this season.

I'd rather have Souness or Allardyce back than either O'Leary or Curbishley, and Strachan? Even the Celtic fans don't want him and he's won the league with them three times in a row! His football is worse than even Allardyces.

We are in deep s***, and then some.

Perhaps it's just a bad joke Ashley made up lat night? "let's phone the Chronic and tell them we're picking Curbs or O Leary, that'll teach the bastards."

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=56305.0

Ashley may not get his price and we might not be sold. We could end up with an owner who is only thinking about selling, a board who know their time is up and a manager who knows he is a stop-gap appointment only.

Not exactly an ideal recipe for success. If this continues for any length of time, we are going down :o

This unfortunately is exactly the the scenario I see happening, Ashley won't sell for a price that doesn't see him make a tidy profit. I hope I'm wrong but I seriously think we may be in for a hell of a battle to stay in the PL this season.

the clubs value is only going to decrease the further down the league we are or relegated. Ashley will have sold sooner rather than later i think.

But surely if we implode and end up relegated his asset (NUFC) will be so devalued that it won't be worth him selling? Or is that his plan all along? Just run us into the ground and keep asking such a stupid price for us that no-one buys? It doesn't make financial sense.

Shearer won't do it definitely.

If Sir Bob was in better health he would do it I suppose. But he's not going to add to his health stresses.

Sounds like Hughton for a while then.

Guest johnson293

Coach needed, history of taking on short term roles, experienced (British, European & International), preferabley cockney....

This has got Venables written all over it surely??!!  :frantic:

But surely if we implode and end up relegated his asset (NUFC) will be so devalued that it won't be worth him selling? Or is that his plan all along? Just run us into the ground and keep asking such a stupid price for us that no-one buys? It doesn't make financial sense.

If Sir Bob was in better health he would do it I suppose. But he's not going to add to his health stresses.

I think Hughton will be in charge until Christmas at least, wouldn't be surprised to see him see out the season.

I think Hughton will be in charge until Christmas at least, wouldn't be surprised to see him see out the season.

No way.

Coach needed, history of taking on short term roles, experienced (British, European & International), preferabley cockney....

This has got Venables written all over it surely??!!  :frantic:

Would be the best short term choice by a mile if you ask me. Great motivator, excellent coach very highly rated by Shearer IIRC. If Ashley's serious about selling the club though, Hughton will have to get by until the deal is done.

No way.

I'm being pessimistic in the extreme but I wouldn't discount it. Perhaps a experienced head may be brought in to assist Hughton, as the ronny gill alluded to, similar to what Boro did when Robson was struggling and they brought Vegtables in. But until the club is sold we'll most probably not have a permanent manager, and I'm not holding my breath that the club will be sold anytime soon.

SBR, just till we find a replacement.

The man's not well enough, FFS.

i kno ffs, i bet he would take it,

my point was to show the high esteem, in which i regard him...

Then why didn't you just says that then, instead of making a stupid comment ?

Something along the lines of "I would love SBR to come if only his health was up to the job".

Just a thought.

SBR, just till we find a replacement.

The man's not well enough, FFS.

i kno ffs, i bet he would take it,

my point was to show the high esteem, in which i regard him...

Then why didn't you just says that then, instead of making a stupid comment ?

Something along the lines of "I would love SBR to come if only his health was up to the job".

Just a thought.

you are correct afar,....you are going to be very busy from now though, checking and correcting the meaning of every post on the forum forever?