Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

• 3 weeks later...

But Martinez is a foreigner who has never managed in the Premier League before!

Wouldn't shock me if Phil Brown was our manager at some point in the future.

bit of confusion on whether  he`s a mackem or geordie? anyone confirm?

from south shields and always been cagey about his support

K

EANE ON BRINK

Sunderland are actively seeking a replacement for Roy Keane.

Stadium of Light chiefs are drawing up a short-list in the event Keane leaves.

And Hull boss Phil Brown, a lifelong Sunderland fan, is believed to be a front-runner.

The new contract which has been lying on boss Keane's desk for the past two months is still unsigned.

A source close to the Sunderland board told People Sport: "Obviously the directors want Roy Keane to stay and that's why they have offered him the best contract in the history of this football club.

"But the longer the contract stays unsigned, the more the concern grows and the board would be silly if they did not start looking around."

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=keane-on-brink%26method=full%26objectid=20936654%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

There seem to be some rumblings of Citeh possibly giving Hughes the sack. I'd take him in a heartbeat if that happens.

Why?

Why ? Is my reaction too.

If I were Quinny, I'd rip up the contract to Keane offer too...

I was going to say I thought it was 'common knowledge' that he is a Mackem.

When he speaks to the Chron he always mentions him watching games at SJP. Of course the Chron don't push him to find out if he was watching from the AWAY end.

When he speaks to the Chron he always mentions him watching games at SJP. Of course the Chron don't push him to find out if he was watching from the AWAY end.

:lol:

Me dad knows him and said he was redder than Captain Scarlett's knickers back in the day.

:lol:

Me dad knows him and said he was redder than Captain Scarlett's knickers back in the day.

Naturally the SMB are confused but they Steve Cram

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=314165

When we played Hull in September, he said in interviews that he used to watch both teams but then he got beaten up at a Newcastle match and after that followed the Mackems.

Funny how all makems seem to tell the same tale - they all being beaten up by Newcastle fans ?

Maybe its the red and white shirt they're wearing ?

ive heard or read Brown saying on at least two occasions that he is a newcastle fan. he's also said his dad was a newcastle fan and his mum a sunderland fan and theyd both take him to matches. if you ask me id say he is a geordie sunderland fan with a soft spot for newcastle keeping his options open.

ive heard or read Brown saying on at least two occasions that he is a newcastle fan. he's also said his dad was a newcastle fan and his mum a sunderland fan and theyd both take him to matches. if you ask me id say he is a geordie sunderland fan with a soft spot for newcastle keeping his options open.

Bang on. If your read him in the Echo or his programme notes V Sunderland then he is "Sunderland Till I Die". If you read him in the Chron or his programme notes V Newcastle he is a member of the "Geordie boot boys".