Keegans List: Henry, Ronaldinho & Lampard?!

KaKa

makes you wonder how long it will be til Jonas's profit margin becomes more important than his performances on the pitch.

Andy Gray made the comment during the Man U match that if Jonas continued to show what he had in that game then one of the bigger teams would be in for him - nauseating but true - and suits Ashley.

It is noteworthy that the Official Statement did not state when and under what circumstances did Keegan produce the list?

Remember there was a time where Ronaldinho, Henry etc were going to leave Barcelona? - Interested may mean having some negotiations going on and getting them on a cheap price if the selling club is desperate to get rid of them.

Similarly, there were times where Woodgate and Beckham were rumoured to be seeking a transfer. Again, Interested may mean having some negotiations going on and getting them on a cheap price if the selling club is desperate to get rid of them. A wish list does not necessarily means that the specified player has a unlimited price tag on him etc. Personally, I think the Official Statement is too vague at the moment.

The intention seems to be geared towards placating the crowds and arresting the unrest than anything else.

makes you wonder how long it will be til Jonas's profit margin becomes more important than his performances on the pitch.

Andy Gray made the comment during the Man U match that if Jonas continued to show what he had in that game then one of the bigger teams would be in for him - nauseating but true - and suits Ashley.

Let's hope we don't sign any more good prospects in case he wants to sell them on at a profit  :thdn:

Let's hope we don't sign any more good prospects in case he wants to sell them on at a profit  :thdn:

Aye. :lol:

My point is that if he were showing the slightest ambition to actually build a successful FOOTBALL club rather than a successful business we could look forward to good players staying rather than waiting for the big boys to come knocking. THeres a difference between accepting it as part of life and relishing it as this regime look like doing.

My point is that if he were showing the slightest ambition to actually build a successful FOOTBALL club rather than a successful business we could look forward to good players staying rather than waiting for the big boys to come knocking. THeres a difference between accepting it as part of life and relishing it as this regime look like doing.

You could at least wait till he's put up for sale before letting your imagination run riot.

You could at least wait till he's put up for sale before letting your imagination run riot.

The overriding emphasis in the FACT statement and the smear article was financial restraint and residual value of players. Theres also the "every player has a price" story which has come from several articles - do you honestly not think that money comes before football success at the club now?

The overriding emphasis in the FACT statement and the smear article was financial restraint and residual value of players. Theres also the "every player has a price" story which has come from several articles - do you honestly not think that money comes before football success at the club now?

It's pretty hard to build football success while making a loss. The only players who were supposedly offered for sale were Barton, Smith and Owen. Why not stick to those three to make your point rather than using players who were brought in by the Evil Empire in the first place?

The club have offered Michael Owen the largest financial package that has ever been offered to a player here to try and keep him, but realistically if one of the big boys does come in for one of our players then there's a good chance they will want to leave and we've seen examples of that in the past.

I was quite happy with our Summer activity although I would have liked to have seen more of the same, net spend doesn't really mean that much to me as I prefer too judge the window on how much we've improved on the pitch compared to the season before.

I think everything is getting blown out of proportion because of KK walking, I can understand why people are upset (even if I do think it's going way over the top) but if they get the next appointment right then things should settle back down soon enough.

It's pretty hard to build football success while making a loss. The only players who were supposedly offered for sale were Barton, Smith and Owen. Why not stick to those three to make your point rather than using players who were brought in by the Evil Empire in the first place?

it's pretty hard to build any sort of business while avoiding a loss or refusing to get into debt. i'd take a guess that it's probably impossible.

If people are willing to accept some of the shit being hoyed then there was the one about 10m being written next to Given's name.

As I said I'm yet to read anything which indicates an overall mission statement or even a vague target for the short, medium and long term. If the plan is to subsist at this level of spending then I see the flip side being that we will always be open to "good deals" like Milner's without any real thought for the football strength of the club.

This was the point I think Bobby was making about day to day contact for a DOF so that he knows the state of the squad and how the manager sees it progressing. With the alleged working relationship as it is I could easily see Wise deciding he needs to raise money and choosing players(s) in an arbitrary fashion to sell without consulting the manager. If there is pressure to do that for example to make the club look better for a potential buyer then I think its fundamentally wrong on so many levels.

Guest The Darkside

Newcastle are ready to fight Keegan all the way, however, with a source close to the board pouring scorn on his managerial ability, especially his lack of knowledge of emerging players and the transfer market. It was claimed that Keegan was only interested in signing world-class players, presenting the board with a wish list of signings valued at more than £200 million, including Ronaldinho, Thierry Henry and Frank Lampard.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article4678988.ece

So, if this is true. What the hell should the owner and board have done then?

Everyone has so far assumed that Keegan wasn't making unrealistic demands as far as targets go, well it turns out this might not have been the case, which is what I suspected to be honest.

The owner clearly wanted a team of younger emerging players, and said this from the outset. What options did he have if Keegan then came in and started asking for these types?

Discuss.

This must have been going on for ages it look slike, as we all remember the Henry quotes! I am shocked they didn't part ways much earlier as they clearly should have. It's no wonder we had been linked with Marcelino so far back then, as the club was probably already making contingency plans.

Absolute madness from both sides.

big fat lie ..

it kinda reminds me with the -didn't know it's an alcoholic drink- story  :pow:

Newcastle are ready to fight Keegan all the way, however, with a source close to the board pouring scorn on his managerial ability, especially his lack of knowledge of emerging players and the transfer market. It was claimed that Keegan was only interested in signing world-class players, presenting the board with a wish list of signings valued at more than £200 million, including Ronaldinho, Thierry Henry and Frank Lampard.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article4678988.ece

So, if this is true. What the hell should the owner and board have done then?

Everyone has so far assumed that Keegan wasn't making unrealistic demands as far as targets go, well it turns out this might not have been the case, which is what I suspected to be honest.

The owner clearly wanted a team of younger emerging players, and said this from the outset. What options did he have if Keegan then came in and started asking for these types?

Discuss.

This must have been going on for ages it look slike, as we all remember the Henry quotes! I am shocked they didn't part ways much earlier as they clearly should have. It's no wonder we had been linked with Marcelino so far back then, as the club was probably already making contingency plans.

Absolute madness from both sides.

big fat lie ..

it kinda reminds me with the -didn't know it's an alcoholic drink- story  :pow:

strange the way specific players are mentioned though,almost daring keegan to deny them.

Milner ticks all the boxes in the checklist of the players we are supposed to be attracting to the club. The club let his contract dispute drag on throughout the Summer and then dismissed it without compromise. They then sold him to a (supposedly) rival club without replacement. They even rushed the transfer through to our detriment and Villa's gain.

Arguments about Milner's ability and his worth are irrelevant. This was the act of someone running the club where financial gain comes first and foremost before on-field success. The owner's intentions are clear. You don't need imagination when you have proof.

Guest guinness_fiend

The overriding emphasis in the FACT statement and the smear article was financial restraint and residual value of players. Theres also the "every player has a price" story which has come from several articles - do you honestly not think that money comes before football success at all clubs now?

FYP

People are making a mountain out of a molehill at this point in time.

Or rather, convicting a thief of a murder he didnt commit just because hes a thief.

The current board have merely overruled a manager in one or two player purchases/sales. Granted, thats a bad thing to do, they've gone back on their word and made it difficult for the manager to do his job as a result, but theres little to indicate at this point in time that they have no intention of improving the footballing squad. In fact, they've done that, but unfortunately its been done without the consent of the manager, along with trying to get rid of some dead wood/under performers/liabilities/wantaway players, again unfortunately without the manager's consent.

Milner ticks all the boxes in the checklist of the players we are supposed to be attracting to the club.

Except the one that says he needs to be a good player, i.e. someone who improves the team. Speaks volumes about his cablire that an arguement even exists about Geremi having better end product or the team as a whole playing better with him.

£12m is daylight robbery for such an average, one-dimensional workhorse of a winger. That's exactly the type of player we should be selling.

Or rather, convicting a thief of a murder he didnt commit just because hes a thief.

The current board have merely overruled a manager in one or two player purchases/sales. Granted, thats a bad thing to do, they've gone back on their word and made it difficult for the manager to do his job as a result, but theres little to indicate at this point in time that they have no intention of improving the footballing squad. In fact, they've done that, but unfortunately its been done without the consent of the manager, along with trying to get rid of some dead wood/under performers/liabilities/wantaway players, again unfortunately without the manager's consent.

Ashley has been here over a year. I don't think we have, relative to the rest of the EPL, improved our squad at all in that time. I don't think we have more or less dead wood. I think we are still in exactly the same spot, hoping for 10th spot if things go our way with injuries. As has been said ad nauseum, the only thing that is changing is we are getting further away from the top 4/5/6 (whatever it is now) with every transfer window. We are still the joke of the league, replacing managers every year (actually that has gotten worse - we've moved to a bi-annual schedule).

There may be little to indicate they have no intention of improving the football squad, but there is even less to indicate they have the competency/desire to do it either.

The fact is, whatever way you look at it, Ashley has wasted the last 8 months, wasted perhaps another 8M in managerial payouts, and exhausted any goodwill he came in with. Whatever his intentions are, he has royally fucked it. I'm convicting Ashley of being a jumped up fuckwit, because he runs about with a bunch of jumped up fuckwits, and the football club he runs is acting like one. Fuck him, and the horse he rode in on. When he actually achieves something for the club beyond fancy talk and hiring a boatload of charlatans to stroke his ego, lets talk about that. Until then, all he's achieved is a complete shambles, and if you think one or two good signings is worth that, then you're having a laugh. He didn't even get rid of Smith, so what the fuck was the point?

Ashley has been here over a year. I don't think we have, relative to the rest of the EPL, improved our squad at all in that time. I don't think we have more or less dead wood. I think we are still in exactly the same spot, hoping for 10th spot if things go our way with injuries. As has been said ad nauseum, the only thing that is changing is we are getting further away from the top 4/5/6 (whatever it is now) with every transfer window. We are still the joke of the league, replacing managers every year (actually that has gotten worse - we've moved to a bi-annual schedule).

There may be little to indicate they have no intention of improving the football squad, but there is even less to indicate they have the competency/desire to do it either.

The fact is, whatever way you look at it, Ashley has wasted the last 8 months, wasted perhaps another 8M in managerial payouts, and exhausted any goodwill he came in with. Whatever his intentions are, he has royally f***ed it. I'm convicting Ashley of being a jumped up fuckwit, because he runs about with a bunch of jumped up fuckwits, and the football club he runs is acting like one. f*** him, and the horse he rode in on. When he actually achieves something for the club beyond fancy talk and hiring a boatload of charlatans to stroke his ego, lets talk about that. Until then, all he's achieved is a complete shambles, and if you think one or two good signings is worth that, then you're having a laugh. He didn't even get rid of Smith, so what the f*** was the point?

First are you hating Ashley because he buys players behind the managers back.

+

They are you blaming him that he hasn´t improved the squad

=

:frantic:

You should think of what you are writing and. and I can help you with one think. In the first window Sam Allardyce decided the player.

Does anybody have any idea what Keegan's list was then if not Lampard, Beckham, Henry etc?

As far as I can tell:

Schweinsteiger: turned us down

Warnock: Blackburn refused to sell

Guthrie: deal done.

Does anybody have any idea what Keegan's list was then if not Lampard, Beckham, Henry etc?

As far as I can tell:

Schweinsteiger: turned us down

Warnock: Blackburn refused to sell

Guthrie: deal done.

Tellingly, no one has any idea about any of it but I am sure someone will tell us what his real list was.

The paranoia of what relly happened is going to drive us all insane