So where do we go from here?

Dave

If you were a top notch manager and knew about our recent history with managers would you come to Newcastle?

In a word NO!!! especially with the Keegan claims that there is too much interference from above.

I honestly don't see much changing on the pitch tbh. Still expect us to be knocking in and around the top 8 or 9.

Disagree - NOT in a good position on the pitch if we get 2 or 3 important players injured;

Owen almost certain to go by Jan and will not have his heart in it now;

WILL be involved in relegation scrap if we get the injuries mentioned above

Unless we get a takeover soon, the club will struggle - reminds me of the time Dinnis came in after Lee went to Everton, only in that case the BOARD didn't want him ; in this case, the fans/players are unlikely to be happy if, for example, Wise & his buddy take over..

Don't underestimate how badly internal strife can affect a club, esp one like NUFC where unhappiness OFF the field feeds through to players..seen it all before.

If you were a top notch manager and knew about our recent history with managers would you come to Newcastle?

In a word NO!!! especially with the Keegan claims that there is too much interference from above.

I know what you mean, but it is a different owner and different system now, I doubt managers will blame them for the goings-on before.

I think there'll be a few good candidates coming forward, if I was a manager I would want the job - no doubt.

We shouldn't punish the players for what has happened.

I think more than ever we need to fill that stadium up and get behind them, it must be worse for them than it is for us at the moment, as they lose yet another manager and have to build up a working relationship with a new man all over again.

We've also landed some top players, who chose to come and join our club this summer, and they deserve to see the best of us, their supporters.

Pack the stadium, pay tribute to Keegan, which will let ownership know things weren't handled the best way, and once the whistle goes, give it all we've got for those players.

After the game, we can then pay tribute to Keegan again outside the ground, and the ownership will get the message.

It's time to move on, and not let too much negativity destroy this season.

If we can get this right, I think we, the fans, will come out of this with a lot of credit. Ultimately, it is our club and we are what matters the most. It's a tough time right now but if we stick together and back the team it will truly show that we are the best supporters around.

We shouldn't punish the players for what has happened.

I think more than ever we need to fill that stadium up and get behind them, it must be worse for them than it is for us at the moment, as they lose yet another manager and have to build up a working relationship with a new man all over again.

We've also landed some top players, who chose to come and join our club this summer, and they deserve to see the best of us, their supporters.

Pack the stadium, pay tribute to Keegan, which will let ownership know things weren't handled the best way, and once the whistle goes, give it all we've got for those players.

After the game, we can then pay tribute to Keegan again outside the ground, and the ownership will get the message.

It's time to move on, and not let too much negativity destroy this season.

If we can get this right, I think we, the fans, will come out of this with a lot of credit. Ultimately, it is our club and we are what matters the most. It's a tough time right now but if we stick together and back the team it will truly show that we are the best supporters around.

:clap:

Guest Howaythetoon

I honestly don't see much changing on the pitch tbh. Still expect us to be knocking in and around the top 8 or 9.

The club is broken

The team is broken

The fans are broken

This will be one hell of a struggle this season.

The club is broken

The team is broken

The fans are broken

That one yes the others are open to debate

We have a small but decent looking side! And who's to say Xisco and Nacho can't be a hit?

Depor fans were unhappy in Xisco going and Poyet was trying to get Spurs to get Nacho I believe only to tell Wise about him after Spurs didn't bring him in.

Ok I don't want the owner or his cronies at the club but we are in a much better position quality of player wise than under Souness and FS.

We'll see how this all pans out but a new owner who's prepared to back his managers instead of  choosing a little rat ahead of him will apease me nicely.

There'll be a week of fan mourning then we'll get on with it.

Shame there isn't a game on this weekend.

Agreed.

We should hope that the 2 new signings are up to the standard of the other 2 Argies and Guthrie then things wont seem so bleak if we can get a good result next week. 

The club is broken

The team is broken

The fans are broken

Talk about over-reaction.

let's hope the players don't go out on the pitch with such a defeatist attitude.

Guest NorthernSoul

We'll appoint somebody else (most probably unwanted), struggle through this season, have a poor start to next season and be back to square one again

Guest Howaythetoon

The club is broken

The team is broken

The fans are broken

Talk about over-reaction.

Over-reaction?

You cling onto your beliefs mate, if it makes you feel any better. Me, I can't see a way forward from this.

1 - the fans

Nothing short of some uber manager will suffice or Shearer and even then the complete and utter lack of faith in Ashley and co and the reminder that the manager whoever it will be will always be a puppet will have fans always fearing the worst. Our confidence in all things NUFC is broken and will remain so probably until Ashley goes.

2 - the team

The players' confidence in this regime will be like ours, there will be none. KK had the players playing for him. Him leaving in the manner he did will have broken that team spirit and togetherness. I guarantee you now that several of our English players will have had enough and will want out, Given and Owen will lead the way where as our foreign players will feel isolated and totally uncomfortable in their new surroundings. The only way to galvanise this team is if a respected world renowned high calibre manager came in which is as likely as Owen now staying or us waking up Dallas style to find this was all a bad dream. That's all before we assess the actual merits of this squad which lacks quality in key areas and depth throughout. One or two injuries will be critical and hit us hard where as a few run of defeats and bad games will have the fans on their backs. KK could hold that all together like he did when we went 8 games without a win when he returned because fans had full confidence in him if not the team. We are literally back to square one but with the added Toon in turmoil shit again with the board and owner and that isn't going to go away until they go away.

3 - the club

How can we move on as a club from this? Seriously? It is broken and will remain that way until a new white knight comes in, be it a manager like Sir Bobby or KK or a new owner like SJH which Ashley was hoped to be. We are back in in limbo.

4 - the next manager

Just another puppet. Whoever comes in will be under heavy pressure from the off.

5 - the media

It is only going to get worse, their knives are sharpened even more for Ashley and co and everything this club does from now on will continue to be put down and sensationalized. The next manager will be written about that he's being undermined etc. which will actually resonate with fans now because its happened before with KK.

6 - money

Ashley doesn't want to spend money, we can't compete financially, he said as much himself hence looking for outside investors, although he has spun so many lies it has been proved, fuck knows what to believe. Based on what we've spent since he took over though, well, we lag way behind other clubs, even clubs like Wigan.

I said a few days back the best soultion now for NUFC would be for both KK and Ashley to leave, well KK has gone, over to Ashley to follow so this club can finally move on.

Ashley has created all of the above, he's allowed it to happen. What is so fucking frustrating is that brining KK to NUFC should make this the most hassle free club to run. The fans love him, he's actually a good manager, give him some money and let him manage and watch the progress and happy times flow.

Ashley has demonstrated he hasn't a fucking clue about football, much less our club.

He needs to fuck off and fast before it gets worse which it will if he remains.