Is there really no way back now for Ashley, Wise et al?

Syrette

Even if we won the league?

What's the chances of that happening anytime soon?  Do you really think they'll be able to keep going long enough considering the depth of feeling?  I don't know what others are seeing away from the forum but from what I've seen the feelings away from here are just as strong and in some cases stronger.

I was just asking him out of interest.

Of course I don't think that'll happen any time soon, maybe you weren't totally sure of the context of that question.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think it's very easy for Ashley, Wise & Co. to get back from here. If they hire a manager and we win our next two games I honestly think the majority will be pacified. They'll still be a minority who'll be unhappy for the next few months but nothing cures unrest at a football club like winning matches.

Conversely when we lose games or don't finish as high as we'd like or miss out on a player or a big player decides to leave it will all kick-off again with fans once more venting their anger towards the board and owner.

The only way Ashley can possibly turn this around is to pump lots of money into the club, appoint a world-class manager and Newcastle United to win a trophy or start challenging again.

Sure wins will pacify fans but for how long.

FS used to pacify us by sacking Souness or Roeder or by buying Owen, which give him some respite. But it always came back on him when things weren't going well.

Even if we won the league?

What's the chances of that happening anytime soon?  Do you really think they'll be able to keep going long enough considering the depth of feeling?  I don't know what others are seeing away from the forum but from what I've seen the feelings away from here are just as strong and in some cases stronger.

Of course I don't think that'll happen any time soon, maybe you weren't totally sure of the context of that question.

:lol:

I just answered the best way that I could but I knew what you were getting at.

And the unfortunate thing for Ashley is that there is probably only one man on the planet who has enough respect and love from the fans to be given more than enough time to get it right should times get hard results wise.... and he has allowed him to walk away.

The only way I can see him carrying on is if he totally changes the set-up of the club. There's not many fans who are going to accept a 'yes' man coming in and the club carrying on as it is....as it's a complete disaster from top to bottom!!

He really would need to appoint a top class manager and give him complete control of the football side....including transfers. Also feel that Wise would need to go as most fans feel he is the cause of the problems(rightly or wrongly who knows)...no matter who comes in next if Wise is still hanging around in the background then fans/media are always going to be questioning who's actually dealing with the transfers.

Also think he'd gain a few brownie points with the fans if he brought Mort back as chairman, we really need someone who's willing to come out and communicate with the fans....especially as no one's bothered their shirt over this latest shambles!!!

The only way I can see him carrying on is if he totally changes the set-up of the club. There's not many fans who are going to accept a 'yes' man coming in and the club carrying on as it is....as it's a complete disaster from top to bottom!!

He really would need to appoint a top class manager and give him complete control of the football side....including transfers. Also feel that Wise would need to go as most fans feel he is the cause of the problems(rightly or wrongly who knows)...no matter who comes in next if Wise is still hanging around in the background then fans/media are always going to be questioning who's actually dealing with the transfers.

Also think he'd gain a few brownie points with the fans if he brought Mort back as chairman, we really need someone who's willing to come out and communicate with the fans....especially as no one's bothered their shirt over this latest shambles!!!

Good post.

This is what fucks me off the most.

Someone once said to me that when there are problems with something at work, its so easy to hide behind emails and just pass details on that way. While no one wants to make the "bad news" phone call, ultimately, the receiver always appreciates that the effort has been made to talk about it and tackle it head on.

For me this is the equivalent. They are just hiding behing the web site and its not impressive at all.

Guest Sniffer

If ashley is completely going to change his approach then he might as well have done it with KK and give him control. Even if he brings in a " top class manager " he'd have to take away control from that little fucking twat wise and I don't see that happening.

If ashley is completely going to change his approach then he might as well have done it with KK and give him control. Even if he brings in a " top class manager " he'd have to take away control from that little fucking twat wise and I don't see that happening.

The club set up a meeting with Keegan to talk about finding a solution that makes him happy and he couldn't even be bothered to turn up.

I dont mind people debating the values of DOF but backing Wise is crazy the bloke must class his role as part time ffs. When he was appointed Mort said "Dennis would like to move away from day-to-day football management", is a DOF not doing day-to-day management of some description?

Mort also said TJ Vice President (Player Recruitment) would only be at the club around transfer windows. So we have brought in 2 part timers!!!!

THANK GOD FOR JEFF "AIR MILES" VETERE who seems to be the only full timer out of the 3.

The club set up a meeting with Keegan to talk about finding a solution that makes him happy and he couldn't even be bothered to turn up.

Who said that?  Was it the same people who have peddled out all of the facts?

Who said that?  Was it the same people who have peddled out all of the facts?

They were talking about it on the Sunday Supplement earlier today.

It is the same crowd that said he would have the last word on transfers & they were not going to change the structure. So what is the point of going. They are so glum they offer Michael Owen less money, Baggio these fellas your defending are not very at there jobs, defend the role of DOF if you must but these people are not the answer.