Is there really no way back now for Ashley, Wise et al?

Syrette

What exactly has Wise done wrong? He was appointed to do a job and in my opinion has done a fucking good job with bringing in players like Jonas. Thats not saying i think he should have been appointed , i think it was wrong to undermine Keegan but thats not Wise's fault is it?

For me, what we have seen already is just the "thin edge of the wedge". As stated by Ashley's cabal of crooks

"every player has a price". How long do you think Xisco will stay with us if he sets the PL on fire, or Spiderman, Colo or anyone.

Selling Milner for a hefty price tag is one thing, but not replacing him is indefensible. The club seems to be being run in a more shabby

and unprofessional manner than the previous regime and who thought that was possible?

It seems official: we are now a selling club. :-[

If Fat Mike raised his chubby head from behind his barricade and explained exactly what was going on, set out a real vision for the club and promised

£50m for new players in January, he might just placate some fans. But then again, after the shit his crew have pulled who would believe him?

Every player does have a price though, as long as you've got a good scouting team in place that can use that money to make the team even better then I don't think it matters.

For me, what we have seen already is just the "thin edge of the wedge". As stated by Ashley's cabal of crooks

"every player has a price". How long do you think Xisco will stay with us if he sets the PL on fire, or Spiderman, Colo or anyone.

Selling Milner for a hefty price tag is one thing, but not replacing him is indefensible.

Do you not think that Keegan was aiming towards the 4-3-1-2 this season? If so, we more than replaced Milner because he was out when he played that formation, and have since signed Guthrie, Jonas, Xisco & Gonzalez who are a lot more suited to that system than what Milner was.

Selling Milner for a hefty price tag is one thing, but not replacing him is indefensible.

Do you not think that Keegan was aiming towards the 4-3-1-2 this season? If so, we more than replaced Milner because he was out when he played that formation, and have since signed Guthrie, Jonas, Xisco & Gonzalez who are a lot more suited to that system than what Milner was.

Every game so far we have played 442, I dont think KK was aiming to play 4312 at all.

Every game so far we have played 442, I dont think KK was aiming to play 4312 at all.

Could that be because of lack of numbers up top and that he only likes the 4312 formation when Owen is fit to play in the hole?

Could that be because of lack of numbers up top and that he only likes the 4312 formation when Owen is fit to play in the hole?

I think we played 4312 because of lack numbers but I think KK wanted to go back to a 442.

Guest black n white

no way back for me or my mates whatever the price even if it takes relegation etc

things will become clearer after the hull and cup game

I think we played 4312 because of lack numbers but I think KK wanted to go back to a 442.

Even if that is the case...Gutierrez in, Milner out.

I'm sure if Milner had been sold in June, and Gutierrez had been signed afterwards, we'd have been happy.

no way back for me or my mates whatever the price even if it takes relegation etc

What if we go on to win something this season (even if it's just a place in Europe)?

What I don't understand is WHY Ashley and/or Llambias are so hell bent on this system that it's worth keeping seemingly at any cost.  They've lost the manager they appointed, the value of the club Ashley has spent millions on buying is going through the floor, the fans are in all out revolt and the local celebrity status he's revelled in has been replaced by a lynch mob who are talking about boycotting anything he's ever been near. We're going to have massive difficulty replacing Keegan because managers don't want to work under the system.  Shearer, the one 'out' the club might have had to placate the fans after losing Keegan quite rightly won't touch the club with a shitty stick with the current system in place.  Amazingly, a half decent manager seemingly expresses an interest in the form of Fatih and, of course, his agent raises an eyebrow at some aspects of how the club is set up. So why the fuck is it seemly worth taking the hit on all of this for the sake of having scouts, middlemen etc and a director of football based in London?  What benefit are Ashley and Llambias getting from this?  Do Wise and Jimenez have polaroids of them sucking each other off?  Even if it's about being stingy with the transfer budget, why not just say "Right, Manager X, you can choose the players but you've got fuck all money so either get some bargains or sell to buy."

Guest black n white

What if we go on to win something this season (even if it's just a place in Europe)?

whatever the price ashley out

You'd rather have Ashley out than, say, we win the FA Cup?

Seriously?

What I don't understand is WHY Ashley and/or Llambias are so hell bent on this system that it's worth keeping seemingly at any cost.  They've lost the manager they appointed, the value of the club Ashley has spent millions on buying is going through the floor, the fans are in all out revolt and the local celebrity status he's revelled in has been replaced by a lynch mob who are talking about boycotting anything he's ever been near, and we're going to have massive difficulty replacing Keegan because managers don't want to work under the system.  Shearer, the one 'out' the club might have had to placate the fans after losing Keegan quite rightly won't touch the club with a shitty stick with the current system in place.  Amazingly, a half decent manager seemingly expresses an interest in the form of Fatih and, of course, his agent raises an eyebrow at some aspects of how the club is set up. So why the fuck is it seemly worth taking the hit on all of this for the sake of having scouts, middlemen etc and a director of football based in London?  What benefit are Ashley and Llambias getting from this?  Do Wise and Jimenez have polaroids of them sucking each other off?  Even if it's about being stingy with the transfer budget, why not just say "Right, Manager X, you can choose the players but you've got fuck all money so either get some bargains or sell to buy."

They probably didn't want to end up losing money.

Some will hunt me down for my last post, but I couldn't resist answering this great post from RM  :thup:

First of all, I still hate Ashley - I do - period. imho opinion he's the boy in the that story of the boy who had £10 and went to the store to buy a wallet for his £10.

So, get out of my club, and let the real boys, with more money, take care of Newcastle.

As for Wise, Vetere, and/or Jimenez i don't hold anything against them. In fact I think they have done a promising job in terms of bringing in relatively unknown players for next to nothing. Instead of having a go at Wise (although some thinks bad of him), you should let your anger out at Ashley, and what you really need to ask yourself is what motives Ashley had for bringing Keegan back. (this is actually a good read : http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_4113325,00.html )

I fucking love Keegan. Whenever he's in charge of us I feel so safe and secure. It doesn't even matter if he only won what(?) a totalt 6(?) games... the feeling is still there. To me it's pretty obvious Ashley appointed Keegan for what is probably his two strongest qualities passion and motivation.

I'm not going into details about the current structure/setup, but it seems as this is the way it's going to work in the future for English football. Atleast it does now in a lot of European clubs. Of course this was never gonna end well with Keegan in charge - kevin likes to shop - on his own. And imho he had every right to do. Fucking hell, he knows Newcastle better than most. Ashley, Wise, Vetere et al. will never ever have the same knowledge - some things you simply can't buy. Knowledge, friendship, passion and support are among those things. At least in Newcastle.

Appointing Keegan was always gonna end in tears, regardless of him leaving after 8 months or seeing out his contract. The latter would probably cause the least pain and suffering. We don't know exactly what has happend, the only thing we have is a bunch of media stories and some short statements from the club. And I'm not gonna write more about that.

... What i'm gonna write is that Keegan had every right to do what he did. Ashley made a costly mistake hiring him and an even more costly mistake "firing" him. If Ashley had been smart he would have implemented this new setup gradually. And by gradually I mean that he should have let Wise, Vetere, Jimenez et al. handle the reserves/ youngster side. That is, scouting for prospects and buying players like they have - except for first team players. That should have been Keegan's responsibility from day one. Keegan should of course have used Wise, Vetere and Jimenez knowledge, and have them report to him, and then he should have had the final say. Keegan should also have been the man in charge of contract negotiations - that is decide who should be offered a new contract and who shouldn't.

Well, enough about all this... we all know it didn't end this way... it's all wishful thinking...

To me it seems like Ashley does not have the necessary funds to run the club as other owners at the likes of Tottenham and Villa. And therefore he needs to sell NOW.

Guest black n white

What I don't understand is WHY Ashley and/or Llambias are so hell bent on this system that it's worth keeping seemingly at any cost.  They've lost the manager they appointed, the value of the club Ashley has spent millions on buying is going through the floor, the fans are in all out revolt and the local celebrity status he's revelled in has been replaced by a lynch mob who are talking about boycotting anything he's ever been near. We're going to have massive difficulty replacing Keegan because managers don't want to work under the system.  Shearer, the one 'out' the club might have had to placate the fans after losing Keegan quite rightly won't touch the club with a shitty stick with the current system in place.  Amazingly, a half decent manager seemingly expresses an interest in the form of Fatih and, of course, his agent raises an eyebrow at some aspects of how the club is set up. So why the f*** is it seemly worth taking the hit on all of this for the sake of having scouts, middlemen etc and a director of football based in London?  What benefit are Ashley and Llambias getting from this?  Do Wise and Jimenez have polaroids of them sucking each other off?  Even if it's about being stingy with the transfer budget, why not just say "Right, Manager X, you can choose the players but you've got f*** all money so either get some bargains or sell to buy."

i think this all came to ahead with the man city takeover, ashley dropped his arse decided to spend nowt and try to recoup  the 80mill debt he paid off

Even if that is the case...Gutierrez in, Milner out.

I'm sure if Milner had been sold in June, and Gutierrez had been signed afterwards, we'd have been happy.

But Jonas is a left winger like CNZ & Duff. We only signed Jonas because he was cheap not because he was needed. I don't think we have any proper cover for right back or left back, I am aware others can play there. Also on Jonas he is grafter not a creator, he is not going to score or create more than Ginola, Robert or even CNZ. It is rather surreal at times when I hear people talking about his tracking back, yeah thats what we want from a winger. He is a good powerful runner with the ball.

What I don't understand is WHY Ashley and/or Llambias are so hell bent on this system that it's worth keeping seemingly at any cost.  They've lost the manager they appointed, the value of the club Ashley has spent millions on buying is going through the floor, the fans are in all out revolt and the local celebrity status he's revelled in has been replaced by a lynch mob who are talking about boycotting anything he's ever been near, and we're going to have massive difficulty replacing Keegan because managers don't want to work under the system.  Shearer, the one 'out' the club might have had to placate the fans after losing Keegan quite rightly won't touch the club with a shitty stick with the current system in place.  Amazingly, a half decent manager seemingly expresses an interest in the form of Fatih and, of course, his agent raises an eyebrow at some aspects of how the club is set up. So why the fuck is it seemly worth taking the hit on all of this for the sake of having scouts, middlemen etc and a director of football based in London?  What benefit are Ashley and Llambias getting from this?  Do Wise and Jimenez have polaroids of them sucking each other off?  Even if it's about being stingy with the transfer budget, why not just say "Right, Manager X, you can choose the players but you've got fuck all money so either get some bargains or sell to buy."

i think this all came to ahead with the man city takeover, ashley dropped his arse decided to spend nowt and try to recoup  the 80mill debt he paid off

But I don't understand how this set up is saving him money - in fact quite the opposite, the disruption it's causing is sending the value of the club down the shitter.  Surely it would be easier to get a manager willing to do their transfers on a shoestring than a manager willing for someone else to do their transfers on a shoestring?  If he wants to save money why not start with the wage bill and just hire one manager instead of 4 part-managers?

Guest black n white

Seriously?

totally serious.......they have lied to everyone and the way they have handled this situation shows their contempt for us the fans

But I don't understand how this set up is saving him money - in fact quite the opposite, the disruption it's causing is sending the value of the club down the shitter.  Surely it would be easier to get a manager willing to do their transfers on a shoestring than a manager willing for someone else to do their transfers on a shoestring?  If he wants to save money why not start with the wage bill and just hire one manager instead of 4 part-managers?

Because he didn't have a crystal ball to see things would turn out this way I expect.

I think it's very easy for Ashley, Wise & Co. to get back from here. If they hire a manager and we win our next two games I honestly think the majority will be pacified. They'll still be a minority who'll be unhappy for the next few months but nothing cures unrest at a football club like winning matches.

Seriously?

totally serious.......they have lied to everyone and the way they have handled this situation shows their contempt for us the fans

Even if we won the league?

I think it's very easy for Ashley, Wise & Co. to get back from here. If they hire a manager and we win our next two games I honestly think the majority will be pacified. They'll still be a minority who'll be unhappy for the next few months but nothing cures unrest at a football club like winning matches.

The same thing has been said before but teams always lose games and when they do everything will just come rushing back to the surface.  For instance, Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Shepherd.  Things might go away temporarily but they'll be back.

Even if we won the league?

What's the chances of that happening anytime soon?  Do you really think they'll be able to keep going long enough considering the depth of feeling?  I don't know what others are seeing away from the forum but from what I've seen the feelings away from here are just as strong and in some cases stronger.