Approach to football

Yorkie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

But surely the big difference between us and arsenal, even if we were trying to build with youth, we are clearly a selling team. Even if we find the youngsters I get the impression that making money selling them on is Ashley's vision. Not building a trophy winning team which is wenger's vision where players are not bought and sold unless he gives the go ahead.

Are you basing that purely on the Milner sale, Sniffer? Again - not being arsey even though it sounds it (:blush:) just i mean... i think any Chairman would sell if a £12m offer came in for Milner.

Guest Sniffer

No I'm not basing it on Milner. I was sorry to lose him but 12mill was a good price....but only if it was invested in replacements. I seem to recall reading that the whole youth development is not aimed at bringing players to develop a team but for sell on value. Same as the comments about KK's socalled list of established, older players being where is the resale value? Not the fact that we need established players now to raise the quality of our midfield to challenge on some front...any fucking front....this season.

But surely the big difference between us and arsenal, even if we were trying to build with youth, we are clearly a selling team.

And most of us have accepted this when Milner was sold we all classed it as "good business" rather than see we are short on the right flank.

Yet look at the amount of good business Spurs have done in selling Carrick, Berba, Keane & Defoe. They did win a trophy last year but they finished mid table & this year has not went to plan & due to them doing "good business" & Berba wanting out they only had one striker for the first few games. Total lack of planning.

But surely the big difference between us and arsenal, even if we were trying to build with youth, we are clearly a selling team. Even if we find the youngsters I get the impression that making money selling them on is Ashley's vision. Not building a trophy winning team which is wenger's vision where players are not bought and sold unless he gives the go ahead.

Are you basing that purely on the Milner sale, Sniffer? Again - not being arsey even though it sounds it (:blush:) just i mean... i think any Chairman would sell if a £12m offer came in for Milner.

Andy Learner?

But surely the big difference between us and arsenal, even if we were trying to build with youth, we are clearly a selling team.

And most of us have accepted this when Milner was sold we all classed it as "good business" rather than see we are short on the right flank.

Yet look at the amount of good business Spurs have done in selling Carrick, Berba, Keane & Defoe. They did win a trophy last year but they finished mid table & this year has not went to plan & due to them doing "good business" & Berba wanting out they only had one striker for the first few games. Total lack of planning.

Probably looking longer term tbf.

Shipped out Keane for £18m ?!! :lol:

Berbatov: a complete cunt who didn't want to play for the shirt for £32m

Guest black n white

why is it un-natural

the teams that have been dominating the champions league have had more money to spend than everyone else..not any more and i think its a good thing

not to say it couldnt go tits up

we are not following the arsenal system wenger chooses his own players and none of them are english to add

Yeah but you'd rather we got relegated than win a trophy. :undecided:

if it takes relegation to get rid of ashley was my point

seriously now our  squad against most of the premiership squads, trophies to me are light years away, a few injuries in defence and we are up s*** creek

anil for me with wenger as boss  that'll do

I just can't comprehend the idea of any of our fans wanting us to lose, let alone actually wanting us to be relegated.

i dont want to lose games or get relegated

but if that what it takes to get ashley out i'll accept it and my mates feel the same

as you can tell this week has seriously alterred my perception of the club and what the badge stands for

if it stands for a set of cockneys running the club from london, making false statements, taking money and not in the reinvesting the team, lying to fans to get season ticket sales up, no communication  from any club officials...i could go on

when do you predict the next full house at sjp?

because it is the fans that matter here and i fear many will of just had enough

i'd rather have the chelsea/city system, though an arsenal system where the manager basically shapes the club in his image from top to bottom, with a great deal of control over a wide array of matters would be good if we could get the right man in.

there doesnt seem to be an option for the current system, though i doubt many apart from a select few on here would vote for it. dunno why (us) is next to arsenal's name.

Berbatov: a complete c*** who didn't want to play for the shirt for £32m

It is all longer term with you Ron. Selling your best two strikers/players is a masterplan to success.

Yeah Berbatov wanted to play to win trophies & if being cunt helped him get a move to a club that is going to do that he will be happy.

Were you happy with the transfer fee's Newcastle got at the time for Beardo & Gascoigne? 

i'd rather have the chelsea/city system, though an arsenal system where the manager basically shapes the club in his image from top to bottom, with a great deal of control over a wide array of matters would be good if we could get the right man in.

there doesnt seem to be an option for the current system, though i doubt many apart from a select few on here would vote for it. dunno why (us) is next to arsenal's name.

It's a shame you have to be pedantic really.

I'll alter it.

It's a shame you have to be pedantic really.

I'll alter it.

O0

It is all longer term with you Ron. Selling your best two strikers/players is a masterplan to success.

Yeah Berbatov wanted to play to win trophies & if being cunt helped him get a move to a club that is going to do that he will be happy.

Were you happy with the transfer fee's Newcastle got at the time for Beardo & Gascoigne? 

No, but the only players we were looking to sell here were Barton and Smith. Where's the comparison?

It's a chicken and egg scenario - as people have said it works for Arsenal for two reasons - Wenger and the fact they started it from a position of strength.

As I've said we are now expected to wait n number of years before we're a good/challenging team - I think we need an initial boost with the system we have now as a sort of plan b/parallel road.

That's why before all of this shit I'd have been happy for Ashley to find a minority investor to fund the spree while maintaining the current vision (though working how it was sold not how it's been defined now).

Now I'd rather he sold up and the new owner recognises the good elements and retains them while giving more control to the manager (not necessarily Keegan).

Yeah Berbatov wanted to play to win trophies & if being c*** helped him get a move to a club that is going to do that he will be happy.

No, but the only players we were looking to sell here were Barton and Smith. Where's the comparison?

The whole team was meant to be for grabs.

OP: I don't think this has really any relevence to Newcastle. I don't see how you can relate anything about this situation to any successful club.

Ashley has brought in exactly 0 youngsters who have done anything yet, and he's also not spent anything net on transfers. So we're definately not doing an Arsenal, and certainely not a Chelsea.

What he has done is sack 2 managers in a year, completely pissed off his entire fanbase, utterly undermined the authority of the manager's position, and I suspect ruined the morale of the first team.

How that is a model for anything but failure is beyond me.

Ashley has brought in exactly 0 youngsters who have done anything yet,

Emphasis on the word "yet".

So how many managers are we going to fire before one of them actually does something? 5?