The Terry Mac appreciation thread

Syrette

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/20080308/21/1154114925-soccer-barclays-premier-league-liverpool-v-newcastle-united-anfield.jpg

I can't quite believe the lovable scouser has left the club. Seemed to always be there so he must have done something right, even though no-one really knew what his role was.

You and your tache will be missed, I think.

Guest helios_centric

It'd be interesting to hear what the players thought of him. He gets a lot of stick on here, but maybe he did some good - he's an easy target that's for sure.

Who is going to sell the domino cards for the meat draw now?

I genuinely cannot understand this vitriol towards Terry Mac. What's the craic there like?

He's been around since Souness, and we've still been shite.

So if we want a new start, every fucker should piss off instead of hanging on like the plague.

Guest icemanblue

I genuinely cannot understand this vitriol towards Terry Mac. What's the craic there like?

He's been around since Souness, and we've still been shite.

So if we want a new start, every fucker should piss off instead of hanging on like the plague.

But surely if the guy does so little he can't actually be to blame for that?

Lots of sheep about today, mind.

Will miss seeing him on the sidelines actually...

i won't to be honest. for some reason, i never really took any notice of him when KK was in charge first time round, and his image on the sidelines reminds me of that game away to villa, the first game after KK resigned the first time. it was a sad day.

thanks for whatever it is that you did terry mac....see ya around

I'm sad to see Terry Mc go, the younger fans obviously see him more as a hanger on, but he was a fantastic player for us in both spells and was extremely important to KK first time around. Jobs for the boys maybe, but I think it's always good to have at least one or two around the management who have a genuine passion for the the club and Terry Mc certainly did.

Anyway this looks like either fall out from the KK stuff and he's walked with his pal or a clear out for the new guy coming in. I'm not sure what the relationship Sadler had with KK but you would not have thought he would want to do anything to rock the boat, he's not going to be exactly beating off the offers of re-employment with a shitty stick. I can't see him walking in protest tbh. So the departure of Sadler also would suggest the new man is pretty close to joining.

He's been around since Souness, and we've still been s****.

Agree. If we want a fresch start there is no point in keeping Terry. If Keegan had to go Terry had to go. So there is nothing more to say about that.

Clearing out anyone with a genuine Newcastle connection, to be replaced by more of Wise's hangers on no doubt.

What a crock of shite.

So by that theory you'd much rather take Steve Bruce (as Geordie as you can get) as manager instead of say... Deschamps?