Joint Statement from "The Mag" and "True Faith".

Guest Heneage

Guest Toon Argy

The club have brought this on themselves, and as for saying ' I support NUFC not Keegan, Ashley etc' and using that as an excuse to keep backing the owners, that is just burying heads in sand..

Like saying you would still go to Germany during WW2 because you liked the country but didn't back Hitler.. !

Those in charge of NUFC ARE the club now, whether you like it or not, and if you disagree with a company's policies(or a Country's come to that), you shouldn't back it.

Well I dont know about you but I would find it pretty rubbish supporting a club you never got to see play.

If you go to the match to support the club you are also backing it as you have bought the ticket.

You can also say If the match is on TV you shouldnt pay to watch it as you are also 'backing' the club.

Guest Heneage

Apologies mods if this has been posted already but;

The Mag – true faith Newcastle United Fanzines joint statement

Like many Newcastle United supporters we have been sickened by the events of the last week and the departure of Kevin Keegan from his position as manager of our club. We believe Kevin had little alternative but to resign given the gross incompetence and mismanagement of Dennis Wise, Executive Director of Football and Derek Llambias, Managing Director who like Kevin were appointed by Mike Ashley. While Kevin Keegan remained at Newcastle United the fans trusted that the club was moving forward at last, with Keegan’s departure all trust has gone.

Both The Mag and true faith believe there has been a fundamental break in trust between board and the support.

Both true faith and The Mag have been inundated by requests from supporters keen to take action against those within the boardroom of Newcastle United.

Having read many hundreds if not thousands of e-mails sent into both fanzines we are recommending the following action in protest at its appalling treatment of Kevin Keegan and the entirely unworkable structure it has established at the club, namely around the club’s transfer policy.

That initial action includes;

1. An immediate and indefinite boycott of all Newcastle United merchandise to include replica shirts, other club clothing and any items sold at official NUFC outlets. It will also include the non-purchase of all Newcastle United programmes and magazines as well as food, drinks and beverages of any description. This boycott will include raffle tickets, lotteries and any other products associated with Newcastle United Football Club. This to include also a boycott of all club bars including Shearer’s Bar as well as club cafes, official club tours, visits to the NUFC museum and any other activity which generates an income for Newcastle United.2. This boycott to be extended to any retail outlet or product owned either in full or in part by Mike Ashley e.g. Sports Soccer, Lillywhites etc.

We do not advocate a boycott (this is backed up overwhelmingly in the emails we have received) of the game against Hull City at SJP on Saturday 13/Sep/08. Newcastle United’s players have done nothing wrong and certain individuals have behaved impeccably given the manner in which their manager and team-mates have been treated this last week. They remain deserving of our support.

3. We advocate supporters vocally expressing their disgust against the current regime whether they are at the match or not, which will act as a clear demonstration of the antipathy of supporters towards Ashley, Llambias and Wise. There should be no abuse directed at any Newcastle United player.

4. We insist that Mike Ashley does not attend away games amongst the travelling support. He is not a Newcastle United supporter and as far as true faith and The Mag are concerned he is not welcome amongst our ranks. If any effort is made by Ashley to attend future away games we would recommend the away support to vocally remind him he is not wanted amongst us. We do not advocate violent disorder of any description.

Michael Martin,

Editor, true faith

Mark Jensen,

Editor, The Mag

I think its brilliant.

That's smart, drain the club of potential income so that we will less money for transfers. Mike is gonna take his cut regardless, it's the club's revenue that will suffer....Accounting 101.  Plus Mike is not gonna sell the club with plumetting profits and share prices....he is not a novice investor who will sell the moment things look bad, buy low sell high....Investment 101

Pathetic recommendations by Super Fan of NUFC no make that Super Fan of Keagen 

I find it funny someone who wants or wanted Hitzfeld, call someone else stupid but hey ho.

Explain to me this then. The club receives money for participating in the Premier League a fee estimated at £30m pounds. With substantial cuts on the fronts of Wages, as well as operating costs. Why wasn't this money invested in new talent to subsequently raise our position in the league and potentially get us back in Europe and accordingly raise the clubs profits, allowing the club to self subsidize the further acquisition of new players?

Tell me why we are lead to believe this club was set a budget of £12M to I assume achieve the goal of Europe or mid-table. We have been one of the lowest Spenders *(Not including fees taken in) in the league, for a club "On the rise" that is shambolic, and if Ashley attempts to claim anything other than foul play then that in itself is diabolical, the more I watch the more I believe the man has pocketed the money for that which he put into the clubs debt clearance.

Now before you turn round and say "Should he not get his money back like?" That is not my point, but first and foremost as owner of Newcastle United his concern should be very that, hes trying to run before walk, establish the club as successful THEN re-take the money which you invested, what business investor do you know of expects returns in the first year? This team required significant strengthening, as well as the releasing of some of the high wage earners at our club, the likes of Emre went, but Messes Smith and Duff did not, now there are numerous stories regarding prices being hiked on the last day and such that suggest the reason why Mr Smith did not leave, but even if it meant offering Duff a settlement fee, surely it would be better to employ a structure where by players are on the same pay plateau in terms of our better players, imagine if you will Jonas, now I doubt for one iota of a second that man is on more than 40k , what message does it send to him to see Damien Duff hobbling around on 60 k a week when he is on less put playing considerably better? It suggests that "Hang on I can go into the board room and demand more money, and if they don't like i'll go to a better club."

Ashley will no doubt have also sold countless shirts on the back of Keegans return, as well as other Keegan merchandise that was peddled at us fans, retro shirts may also have seen an increase in sales due to the return of Keegan, to simply ignore the revenue he alone will have generated would be naive, ticket sales alone shot up for Stoke City when his return was announced. For a smart businessman I think Ashley has been bitten on the bum, I believe from day one he used Keegan as a money spinning stunt, and when Keegan was not allowed to act as he pleased (Partly due to lack of confidence I assume) frictions began, with Ashley unwilling to give Keegan money, which I do not blame him if we believe his list of targets, some of which I believe will have been true due to his lack of activity in the game for quite some time, this was a disaster waiting to happen.

If anything Ashley took us back to the days of Shepherd, the media circus, once again we were the laughable Geordies, sacking or not sacking their returning Messiah amongst claims that its 2 latest signings were as well known to the manager*(Note manager not head coach or head of training) as Japanese Subway routes. I expected Ashley to run this club with a real sense of intelligence and integrity, I prayed that his stint at the Sunderland game was a one off, but gave him the benefit of the doubt when he began sitting with away fans, as maybe he was not a fan of the coporate side and wanted to get back to "Just going to the game." But the more I have watched this summer, the more I have become worried, when Keegan said 2 days before "Judge me at midnight" I had no confidence, not because it was Keegan, but because the ability to get the 4-5 needed is nigh impossible irrespective of the silence in transfer deals this summer such as Xisco, Nacho, Jonas and Colo. We now have to wait to January at least before even being able to add the squad, and even then there is no guarantee that money will be made available, with it seeming more likely Ashley has put the Milner money into his personal account.

I am not stupid I know that no owner REALLY cares about the fans, The Glazers don't, the Arabs at City don't, Quinn and Gibson are exceptions, but by n large owners are not their to "Appease" the fans of a football club, they are to make money themselves, and often help the club progress forward, something I feel Ashley is not doing and ergo he must leave, I personally feel that despite his "Billionaire" status it was a bad idea from minute one, as unless stupid money (Which he wasn't willing to invest) was put into the club a lot of the doom mongers would tag him as "Tight" or under-spending, I am not stupid I do not expect Robinho on the tyne bridge with a black and white shirt, but what I do expect, is that when a chairman lays out a plan (A good one in my opinion to buy "Developmental players" then it should accordingly be followed through, something I feel it has not, alot of players have slipped through the net this summer, and that has frustrated me no end, the likes of Corluka who is a definite player for development, Felani of Everton, now if it is true that Keegan turned these p;layers down then I must apologise to Ashley, but I feel as much as I want to congratulate the man for being willing to buy such good prospects and talent I must also lambaste the man for putting in a place a manager that was not fully informed, and was lead in under false pretenses despite Ashley knowing that he was not up to the task of replacing a squad that needed building on, and was as much as I admire him, very much a keen motivator and player salesman, if anything I believe that Keegan would be better in Wise's role, as he has been known to sell many a player to the club, something that I feel Wise who has no prior ffiliation with the club either on a playing or coaching level is unable to do.

So in conclusion, I think in all honesty, the further ploughing in off money to this club serves little to no purpose as our current inclusion of cash has done little to change the state of squad at our club.

Apologies mods if this has been posted already but;

The Mag – true faith Newcastle United Fanzines joint statement

Like many Newcastle United supporters we have been sickened by the events of the last week and the departure of Kevin Keegan from his position as manager of our club. We believe Kevin had little alternative but to resign given the gross incompetence and mismanagement of Dennis Wise, Executive Director of Football and Derek Llambias, Managing Director who like Kevin were appointed by Mike Ashley. While Kevin Keegan remained at Newcastle United the fans trusted that the club was moving forward at last, with Keegan’s departure all trust has gone.

Both The Mag and true faith believe there has been a fundamental break in trust between board and the support.

Both true faith and The Mag have been inundated by requests from supporters keen to take action against those within the boardroom of Newcastle United.

Having read many hundreds if not thousands of e-mails sent into both fanzines we are recommending the following action in protest at its appalling treatment of Kevin Keegan and the entirely unworkable structure it has established at the club, namely around the club’s transfer policy.

That initial action includes;

1. An immediate and indefinite boycott of all Newcastle United merchandise to include replica shirts, other club clothing and any items sold at official NUFC outlets. It will also include the non-purchase of all Newcastle United programmes and magazines as well as food, drinks and beverages of any description. This boycott will include raffle tickets, lotteries and any other products associated with Newcastle United Football Club. This to include also a boycott of all club bars including Shearer’s Bar as well as club cafes, official club tours, visits to the NUFC museum and any other activity which generates an income for Newcastle United.2. This boycott to be extended to any retail outlet or product owned either in full or in part by Mike Ashley e.g. Sports Soccer, Lillywhites etc.

We do not advocate a boycott (this is backed up overwhelmingly in the emails we have received) of the game against Hull City at SJP on Saturday 13/Sep/08. Newcastle United’s players have done nothing wrong and certain individuals have behaved impeccably given the manner in which their manager and team-mates have been treated this last week. They remain deserving of our support.

3. We advocate supporters vocally expressing their disgust against the current regime whether they are at the match or not, which will act as a clear demonstration of the antipathy of supporters towards Ashley, Llambias and Wise. There should be no abuse directed at any Newcastle United player.

4. We insist that Mike Ashley does not attend away games amongst the travelling support. He is not a Newcastle United supporter and as far as true faith and The Mag are concerned he is not welcome amongst our ranks. If any effort is made by Ashley to attend future away games we would recommend the away support to vocally remind him he is not wanted amongst us. We do not advocate violent disorder of any description.

Michael Martin,

Editor, true faith

Mark Jensen,

Editor, The Mag

I think its brilliant.

That's smart, drain the club of potential income so that we will less money for transfers. Mike is gonna take his cut regardless, it's the club's revenue that will suffer....Accounting 101.  Plus Mike is not gonna sell the club with plumetting profits and share prices....he is not a novice investor who will sell the moment things look bad, buy low sell high....Investment 101

I find it funny someone who wants or wanted Hitzfeld, call someone else stupid but hey ho.

Explain to me this then. The club receives money for participating in the Premier League a fee estimated at £30m pounds. With substantial cuts on the fronts of Wages, as well as operating costs. Why wasn't this money invested in new talent to subsequently raise our position in the league and potentially get us back in Europe and accordingly raise the clubs profits, allowing the club to self subsidize the further acquisition of new players?

Tell me why we are lead to believe this club was set a budget of £12M to I assume achieve the goal of Europe or mid-table. We have been one of the lowest Spenders *(Not including fees taken in) in the league, for a club "On the rise" that is shambolic, and if Ashley attempts to claim anything other than foul play then that in itself is diabolical, the more I watch the more I believe the man has pocketed the money for that which he put into the clubs debt clearance.

Now before you turn round and say "Should he not get his money back like?" That is not my point, but first and foremost as owner of Newcastle United his concern should be very that, hes trying to run before walk, establish the club as successful THEN re-take the money which you invested, what business investor do you know of expects returns in the first year? This team required significant strengthening, as well as the releasing of some of the high wage earners at our club, the likes of Emre went, but Messes Smith and Duff did not, now there are numerous stories regarding prices being hiked on the last day and such that suggest the reason why Mr Smith did not leave, but even if it meant offering Duff a settlement fee, surely it would be better to employ a structure where by players are on the same pay plateau in terms of our better players, imagine if you will Jonas, now I doubt for one iota of a second that man is on more than 40k , what message does it send to him to see Damien Duff hobbling around on 60 k a week when he is on less put playing considerably better? It suggests that "Hang on I can go into the board room and demand more money, and if they don't like i'll go to a better club."

Ashley will no doubt have also sold countless shirts on the back of Keegans return, as well as other Keegan merchandise that was peddled at us fans, retro shirts may also have seen an increase in sales due to the return of Keegan, to simply ignore the revenue he alone will have generated would be naive, ticket sales alone shot up for Stoke City when his return was announced. For a smart businessman I think Ashley has been bitten on the bum, I believe from day one he used Keegan as a money spinning stunt, and when Keegan was not allowed to act as he pleased (Partly due to lack of confidence I assume) frictions began, with Ashley unwilling to give Keegan money, which I do not blame him if we believe his list of targets, some of which I believe will have been true due to his lack of activity in the game for quite some time, this was a disaster waiting to happen.

If anything Ashley took us back to the days of Shepherd, the media circus, once again we were the laughable Geordies, sacking or not sacking their returning Messiah amongst claims that its 2 latest signings were as well known to the manager*(Note manager not head coach or head of training) as Japanese Subway routes. I expected Ashley to run this club with a real sense of intelligence and integrity, I prayed that his stint at the Sunderland game was a one off, but gave him the benefit of the doubt when he began sitting with away fans, as maybe he was not a fan of the coporate side and wanted to get back to "Just going to the game." But the more I have watched this summer, the more I have become worried, when Keegan said 2 days before "Judge me at midnight" I had no confidence, not because it was Keegan, but because the ability to get the 4-5 needed is nigh impossible irrespective of the silence in transfer deals this summer such as Xisco, Nacho, Jonas and Colo. We now have to wait to January at least before even being able to add the squad, and even then there is no guarantee that money will be made available, with it seeming more likely Ashley has put the Milner money into his personal account.

I am not stupid I know that no owner REALLY cares about the fans, The Glazers don't, the Arabs at City don't, Quinn and Gibson are exceptions, but by n large owners are not their to "Appease" the fans of a football club, they are to make money themselves, and often help the club progress forward, something I feel Ashley is not doing and ergo he must leave, I personally feel that despite his "Billionaire" status it was a bad idea from minute one, as unless stupid money (Which he wasn't willing to invest) was put into the club a lot of the doom mongers would tag him as "Tight" or under-spending, I am not stupid I do not expect Robinho on the tyne bridge with a black and white shirt, but what I do expect, is that when a chairman lays out a plan (A good one in my opinion to buy "Developmental players" then it should accordingly be followed through, something I feel it has not, alot of players have slipped through the net this summer, and that has frustrated me no end, the likes of Corluka who is a definite player for development, Felani of Everton, now if it is true that Keegan turned these p;layers down then I must apologise to Ashley, but I feel as much as I want to congratulate the man for being willing to buy such good prospects and talent I must also lambaste the man for putting in a place a manager that was not fully informed, and was lead in under false pretenses despite Ashley knowing that he was not up to the task of replacing a squad that needed building on, and was as much as I admire him, very much a keen motivator and player salesman, if anything I believe that Keegan would be better in Wise's role, as he has been known to sell many a player to the club, something that I feel Wise who has no prior ffiliation with the club either on a playing or coaching level is unable to do.

So in conclusion, I think in all honesty, the further ploughing in off money to this club serves little to no purpose as our current inclusion of cash has done little to change the state of squad at our club.

I called you stupid? When?...Where?....But I'm ok if you want to admit it  ;D

I'm not gonna get into the whole Ashley debate coz a) I am not arguing that he is blameless on the points you take issue with b) I've done it too many times over the last few days. All I am saying is that boycotting NUFC merchandise is counterproductive and hurts the club

The club have brought this on themselves, and as for saying ' I support NUFC not Keegan, Ashley etc' and using that as an excuse to keep backing the owners, that is just burying heads in sand..

Like saying you would still go to Germany during WW2 because you liked the country but didn't back Hitler.. !

Those in charge of NUFC ARE the club now, whether you like it or not, and if you disagree with a company's policies(or a Country's come to that), you shouldn't back it.[/b]

Sorry but that's a poor analogy. This is different from the typical economic sanction on dictators argument because we all support the club and would not want it to face financial difficulties. Most of us couldn't a toss bout Germans during Hitler's time.

I can very well express my disagreement with Asley's policies without hurting the club in the process.

Re the bit in bold that I've quoted, are you now suggesting that we stop backing the club because we disagree with Mike's policies???

Investors usually set two selling points, one to make a profit, the other to protect them from taking too much of a loss.  And before we get carried away, he's not exactly Warren Buffett.

You are right Mick, he is no Warren Buffet but that's why I said it's Investment 101. The 2nd scenario only works if if the investor wants to cut his losses and this usually happens when there is a steady and steep decline in profits. Do you really think the boycott is sustainable and that it will cause such a huge loss in Mike's income stream?

My position is that any boycott will only hurt the club financially without as much making a dent in Mike's wealth.   

Where was it stated by the club that all transfers were Keegan's choices? I personally was always under the understanding that Wise and co chose the players and KK just gave it his blessing which is what Keegan himself said. So if you're gonna blame people for this false pretense then Keegan is just as guilty as anyone.

Oh, come on, this should be common knowledge by now.

ASHLEY tells how he wants players with heart and passion for the club and that there is money for Keegan to spend.

“Yes, there is. If the deal is right – and that means it’s the right player who Kevin wants – then we will do that deal.

That's from the interview in that club magazine, hardly a press smear. Two lines, two fraudulent claims to make people buy season tickets.

The way it's worded still suggests that the players are being brought to Keegan and he's just giving his blessing to it rather than it being someone he's picked himself. After all who is deeming someone 'the right player' if it's not Keegan?

erm, Dennis Wise, Tony Jiminez.

Mike Ashley might not hve done that much wrong before hand, but by f*** is he making up for that now. It looks like he's trying to outdo Shepherd in the 'how to make the club look stupid' stakes.

Like the shirt idea.    bluelaugh.gif

incredible statement.

I find it hard to believe that some numpties still don't put some value against a period where only 4 teams qualified for europe more than us

Credibility destroyed.

Shame we didn't even qualify for the intertoto with such a massively, massively better owner.

You've done it again, haven't you? It like an illness.

Before you go announcing my numptiness and destroying my credibility to everyone, try and sit back and relax. And read this.

What I was tring to get at was that just about everytime Shepherd opened his mouth in the press he made a complete prick of the club, just like Ashley is doing at the moment, in fact, it's as if Shepherd has never been away the only difference being that the club aren't embarrassing us with interviews, but written statments instead.

At no point in that post did I compare on field events (although if you were going to, you could only do over the same time period, not after ONE YEAR).

So to be honest with you, I can't see why I've been labelled a numpty for that post, unless you're saying that Shepherd didn't embarrass us in the press? The only other thing I can think of, is that you mis-read the post due to your head being stuck up Uncle Freddies arse and released one of your pro-Shepherd outbursts without thinking.

Can you let me know when my credibility has been restored?

Am I the only one who finds this all far too overly dramatic? You would think people were protesting for workers rights or something. All it is, is one man who quit because he wasn't getting his way. If you want to boycott stuff just do it, but do we really need to hear it as some kind of rallying cry?

Keegan quit because he was being undermined. NUFC are left in a position whereby no decent manager, and only a total puppet will want the job.

I don't think that's an acceptable position and i think the club should be told it's un-acceptable.

These fanzine statements are just an attempt to get everyones protests aimed in the same direction.

Those in charge of NUFC ARE the club now, whether you like it or not, and if you disagree with a company's policies(or a Country's come to that), you shouldn't back it.

So people that dont support Ashley should stop supporting the club? Maybe go and pick a new team to support like Man Utd?

What you said is aload of rubbish. You can't just stop supporting your team. The supporters are the club, we will be here long after the fat b****** has gone.

So you think the thousands of fans who HAVE stopped attending matches(and there ARE thousands - there used to be 20,000 on the waiting list for season tickets and there sure aint now!)over the past few years are, to quote your opinion, 'a load of rubbish'??

Do you really think these people have stopped being interested in NUFC because they disagreed with club policy?? If so, its YOU who is talking 'a load of rubbish'... People have EVERY right NOT to pay their hard-earned dosh to a company they think is not making the best use of their money, or is being cavalier with its staff...

As to the usual quip about supporting Man U, just how many of THOSE fans would be turning up at OT if they had had 53 years without a Domestic trophy, and Fergie, who got them within an ace of winning the title 12 years ago had returned to save them from relegation and then been fired a few months later..??

The Boards of successful clubs know better than to abuse their fans' trust because they know the fans would be gone - the days of unquestioning financial loyalty are over and I think you are in for a shock with attendances at SJP if the team starts struggling after all this.

Times are hard, and getting harder financially for lots of people and jobs are going.....

Had no idea where to put this, here seems appropriate but i apologise if it doesnt flow from previous posts in this thread. Just some thoughts on the appropriateness of directing anger at Ashley.

I'm having real difficulty understanding what drives this blind frothing hatred of Ashley.

He's been tight in the transfer market, Freddy was better at understanding when to loosen the purse strings but all he did was say 'get on with it' to his management team months ago and stepped away from the day to day. Big mistake but then the problem was with Wise and not Ashley. Ashley should take the flak in the same way that the Chancellor of the exchequer should take the flak for the economy. Wise was the spurious lender, the driving force behind the creidt crunch, Ashley was far removed from the real problem but of course should be held 'accountable'. Accountability and blame are often a long way apart.

They also tried to keep hold of Keegan and offered talks to try and sort out the differences. Clearly they didnt want him to leave, or realised their mistake.

I really believe everyone's energy and focus should be on ousting Wise and not Ashley and i say this for some very important reasons. If ashley's position becomes untenable he will sell the club. Really. That means a new owner. In this case, we should all have a look at the history of the past 2 years and remember what happened the last time the club was sold and how that turned out.

Who will look to buy a club from a beleagured chairman being forced to quit the club? Long term investors looking to plough 200m into the club? That means they have 0.5bn at their disposal now? They would have bought it already if it was for sale.

I reckon the likes of Belgravia (one director dead in mysterious circumstances, the other now in prison??) who were after us at the same time as Ashley would be the type of candidates looking to opportunistically take the club at a low price.

Some of you have the seen the club change hands more than once, but the lesson of the last time is be very careful what you wish for. Its is fatuous and stupid to think that 'the trend has been set in the next 2 years all prem clubs will be owned by mulit-billionaires, get ashley out and its inevitable we will be the next man city' Thats the logic of a 6 year old on christmas eve.

The voices of those who released the press release should be heard and it should be made very clear that the fans are fucked off with the running of the club. However, untill its clear that the alternative is 'potentially better' (lets face it, the experience of the last year shoud have shown everyone you can never tell), then focus the energy against those who caused this situation. Ashley is not that man. I say that on the basis of my experience of managing large organisations.

When it becomes clear that there is a better alternative then good work can be done applying pressure for him to sell if thats what people want. Until then i think all this is counter-productive and will do nothing but exacerbate the soul-destroying and pointless relationship between the club and the media. The circus is in town and is staying basically.

P.S. Merlin comparing the situation to Hitler and Nazi Germany just shows how out of perspective and out of touch from reality some people are :lol:

20,000 on the waiting list? Aye, when the ground held 36,000 but dont let reality get in the way.

Had no idea where to put this, here seems appropriate but i apologise if it doesnt flow from previous posts in this thread. Just some thoughts on the appropriateness of directing anger at Ashley.

I'm having real difficulty understanding what drives this blind frothing hatred of Ashley.

He's been tight in the transfer market, Freddy was better at understanding when to loosen the purse strings but all he did was say 'get on with it' to his management team months ago and stepped away from the day to day. Big mistake but then the problem was with Wise and not Ashley. Ashley should take the flak in the same way that the Chancellor of the exchequer should take the flak for the economy. Wise was the spurious lender, the driving force behind the creidt crunch, Ashley was far removed from the real problem but of course should be held 'accountable'. Accountability and blame are often a long way apart.

They also tried to keep hold of Keegan and offered talks to try and sort out the differences. Clearly they didnt want him to leave, or realised their mistake.

I really believe everyone's energy and focus should be on ousting Wise and not Ashley and i say this for some very important reasons. If ashley's position becomes untenable he will sell the club. Really. That means a new owner. In this case, we should all have a look at the history of the past 2 years and remember what happened the last time the club was sold and how that turned out.

I agree with that whole post Chez, the only thing I can't see is any reason for the hatred towards Dennis Wise either.

Subconsiously, I think most people are angry at Keegan but just cant bring themselves to either admit it or accept it.

I would openly hold my hands up and admit to being one of those. Its hard to blame those that you hold so much affection for. Its just human emotion.

So people take it out on someone else, an easier target.

Its up to Ashley to get it right this time, to prove his system and his staff work and to maybe put this whole story to bed. The pressure is on. I hope for the clubs and all our sakes he does.

I agree with that whole post Chez, the only thing I can't see is any reason for the hatred towards Dennis Wise either.

He was to blame for Keegan going and people have the right to express anger and protest at those to blame.

Plus he's replaceable and it would appease many fans. You cant just demand that someone fucks about with 250m worth of their money especially as they have invested personal wealth into the debt scenario for the long term good of his investment.

He was to blame for Keegan going and people have the right to express anger and protest at those to blame.

Plus he's replaceable and it would appease many fans. You cant just demand that someone fucks about with 250m worth of their money especially as they have invested personal wealth into the debt scenario for the long term good of his investment.

I agree getting rid of him would 'appease many fans', but it doesn't necessarily follow that he is to blame and/or getting rid of him would be the right decision for the club.

Let's all admit this, we don't know that he was to blame for Keegan going at all.

Subconsiously, I think most people are angry at Keegan but just cant bring themselves to either admit it or accept it.

I would openly hold my hands up and admit to being one of those. Its hard to blame those that you hold so much affection for. Its just human emotion.

I think there is a lot of truth in that for some people.

There is justifiable anger but i suspect the thought process went from 'sadness' to 'anger' to 'COCKNEY CUNT!' quite quickly without a lot of consideration.

That view is backed by the fact that this anger was already swelling to fever pitch well before any facts had emerged.

Guest Sniffer

You can't understand why the vast majority of fans across the country can't stand wise? Presumably you never saw him play or you wouldn't post such shite.

You can't understand why the vast majority of fans across the country can't stand wise? Presumably you never saw him play or you wouldn't post such shite.

Firstly, that's out of order. (I only post beautifully argued prose - you know that).

Secondly, of course I saw Dennis Wise play and I thought he was an odious little cock. I've said as much on here many times.

It's just I have the braincells to separate personal dislike of him as a player from how he is doing in his current job.

Guest toonlass

Its up to Ashley to get it right this time, to prove his system and his staff work and to maybe put this whole story to bed. The pressure is on. I hope for the clubs and all our sakes he does.

I'm not angry at Keegan at all, consciously or subconsciously. I am angry that our owner refuses to back a manager, any manager, to forward our club. If he thinks we can make strides of progress with a budget of £12 million then he is in the wrong business.

This is exactly what I've been thinking. Glad you've been honest about it.

Aye.

Aye.

:thup: