Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

• 2 weeks later...

Jonas Gutierrez vows to stay with Newcastle

JONAS GUTIERREZ has made his intentions crystal clear before jetting back to Tyneside to begin his pre-season preparations for Newcastle United.

United’s World Cup star was due back at the club’s Benton base after an extended break following his exploits with Argentina in South Africa.

And while there has been reported interest in Italy from Roman giants Lazio, Gutierrez was keen to set the record straight.

He said today: “I will stay at Newcastle, I feel very comfortable there.

“I have a three-year contract and we have fantastic motivation there now, having successfully been promoted back to the Premier League.

“There are other big leagues around Europe, but I am staying in England.”

The words of Jonas were another boost for United today, but privately at Newcastle his future has never been in doubt.

Gutierrez loves it at St James’ Park and was one of the first players to commit to United last summer in the aftermath of relegation before hitting back to win a Championship medal.

• 4 weeks later...

Duff was f***ing w***, and a gutless coward aswell. He was the biggest c*** in our relegation along with Owen.

Did basically f*** all for 3 years and chewed up a large hole in the wage bill. Not to mention he's f***ing old aswell.

Would rather have kept Duff than him, tbh.

Bollocks, you taking the piss?

Eh? At least Duff preformed for Fulham last season. Jonas has done fuck all at the top flight..... and he dosen't look any better now.

1 fucking game against a side that had just beaten the Premier League Champions the week before 3-1, okay then, when did duff perform for us? 

Duff was f***ing w***, and a gutless coward aswell. He was the biggest c*** in our relegation along with Owen.

Did basically f*** all for 3 years and chewed up a large hole in the wage bill. Not to mention he's f***ing old aswell.

and you're impressed with Jonas because.....? His hair?!

Had a quiet start, threatened to get into the game but gifting away the ball for the first goal seemed to play on his mind, as though he was trying to do everything on his own to make amends. Probably still the only player who genuinely gets me on the edge of my seat when he has the ball (even though 9/10 he'll not do anything special once he beats his man).

Couple of half-decent crosses, quite a few awful attempts or misplaced passes, although a few times he broke forward and had no-one to pass to in the area.

Can't believe people would seriously want that boring turd Duff. Hasn't looked any better for Fulham tbh, still does all the infuriating things there as he did here. Legs have basically gone aswell.

Much better than Gutierrez last season, playing in a much more challenging league.

Tbf to Duff - when he played left-back when we went down, you couldn't accuse him of a lack of effort, he was one of the few who actually put the graft in. Especially when you compare him to someone like Nolan, who just hid.

Would rather have kept Duff than him, tbh.

Bollocks, you taking the piss?

Eh? At least Duff preformed for Fulham last season. Jonas has done fuck all at the top flight..... and he dosen't look any better now.

1 fucking game against a side that had just beaten the Premier League Champions the week before 3-1, okay then, when did duff perform for us? 

I knew someone was going to say it was just the one game...... yeah.... erm... what about the season we went down?

Duff has been better for Fulham than Jonas for us. Simple as that.

Had a quiet start, threatened to get into the game but gifting away the ball for the first goal seemed to play on his mind, as though he was trying to do everything on his own to make amends. Probably still the only player who genuinely gets me on the edge of my seat when he has the ball (even though 9/10 he'll not do anything special once he beats his man).

Couple of half-decent crosses, quite a few awful attempts or misplaced passes, although a few times he broke forward and had no-one to pass to in the area.

nail on head.

Probably had about a decent % of our piss poor possession as he is the only one who can keep it under any kind of pressure.

and you're impressed with Jonas because.....? His hair?!

Err for 1, he works harder in one game than Duff did during his entire time here. Duff produced basically naff all, he was one of the most useless players I've witnessed at this club. Jonas' output is also poor but atleast the effort, commitment and application is there. People are already forgetting just how important Jonas was last season after playing 1 game away to one of the best teams in Europe.

Calling for Duff back. Christ, he was fucking shite man.

Guest Stephen927

At least we had Jonas on the left wing threatening to do something, Routledge offered nothing. Both need to pick up their games mind.