Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

When he can be arsed he is amazing at tracking back, winning the ball and carrying it a long way but he tends to lose it anyway so the ball ends up back with the opposition.

The fact players like Ryan Taylor, Nolan and Smith have been doing a far more effective job than him says a lot.

He only really has one attribute and unlike those above it doesn't help the team all that much.

Unless Pancrate can play on the left, at the moment there is no-one better than him on that wing at the moment so he is first choice out of lack of anything else.

How effective do you think those players would be if he wasn't there?

When he can be arsed he is amazing at tracking back, winning the ball and carrying it a long way but he tends to lose it anyway so the ball ends up back with the opposition.

The fact players like Ryan Taylor, Nolan and Smith have been doing a far more effective job than him says a lot.

He only really has one attribute and unlike those above it doesn't help the team all that much.

Unless Pancrate can play on the left, at the moment there is no-one better than him on that wing at the moment so he is first choice out of lack of anything else.

Considering we played the Leicester, Cardiff, Plymouth and Ipwich games without him, roughly the same.

Considering we played the Leicester, Cardiff, Plymouth and Ipwich games without him, roughly the same.

Nice use of stats but not very enlightening.

No stats there. I like him and want him in the team but to suggest his absence would negatively impact Nolan, Smith and Taylor is completely without basis. And I've provided 4 games during his short recovery period which indicate the opposite.

No stats there. I like him and want him in the team but to suggest his absence would negatively impact Nolan, Smith and Taylor is completely without basis. And I've provided 4 games during his short recovery period which indicate the opposite.

FFS man.

Did you see a deterioration in the play of Smith, Nolan or R Taylor without him.

Yes. We couldn't get out of our own half in some of those games IIRC. Then we ended up booting the ball upfield to get rid of it.

We do that with him.

Some players do like to just hoof the ball up (with or without him) but he provides an outlet for us not to do that too often. Without him, that is all we do. So yes there was a deterioration in the game of other players as otherwise they just hoof the ball up.

He'll always be far too greedy for my liking. Can't remember the last time he made a pass when he should have as opposed to running an extra 50 yards or going round 12 men first.

Given that he actually has the ability to do that in this league, I'm not going to complain when he tries it.

I'm a bit biased but I really don't remember him losing the ball particularly often when he got the ball, against Preston. Comparing him with any of those players is like comparing apples and oranges anyway.

yup, which is the reason we should have someone up top with a bit of pace to exploit the space created by the defenders going to jonas

Generally the RB & RW that go to him though, maybe we should play another LW to get into that space and cross for him? :shifty:

I thought we already had Jose Enrique....couple of quality crosses last night...that one in the first minute for Tafu was sublime

Sorry i thought it was obvious that i was joking

Seemed the joke was about Jonas, sorry.

We do that with him.

Some players do like to just hoof the ball up (with or without him) but he provides an outlet for us not to do that too often. Without him, that is all we do. So yes there was a deterioration in the game of other players as otherwise they just hoof the ball up.

Yes.

We do that with him.

Yes.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Don't think the left is his best position.

I do. Because if he was on the right he would actually have to cross the ball.

Guest firetotheworks

It seems like the debate isn't limited to our fans. I was talking to an Everton fan today who was adamant that he's absolutely shit, and then later the same day to a Forest fan who think's he's awesome.

It seems like the debate isn't limited to our fans. I was talking to an Everton fan today who was adamant that he's absolutely shit, and then later the same day to a Forest fan who think's he's awesome.

A lad at work watched the game on Monday and said "that Jonas is a bit shit isn't he?".

He definitely seems to split opinions all over.

He seems to have lost that zip he had at the start of last season. He did excite when he got the ball, seemed to have an extra yard on him. Been pretty poor since he came back from that shoulder injury. And him not giving a toss certainly doesn't help either.

Played v well the last two games for me. Going for far more runs past players, compared to his first few games back from injury where he did little.

If he wasnt so disasterously unconfident/appauling infront of goal his movement would of gotten him two goals on monday.