Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Jonas is effective in that he pegs the opposition back and allows space for others. There really is a smashing player in there somewhere but like Coloccini he'll never be appreciated as much as he should due to a very unorthodox, unbritish style of play.

I can't really comment on yesterday sadly but with Enrique on wednesday night he anihilated everything in his path, although a cutting edge was typically lacking.

And therein lies a lot of his problem. He is massively better with Enrique in the team. Take Enrique out and he is far less effective.

He came from a league where the full-backs overlap. Not his fault we only have one capable of doing so. Even without Enrique, he's still a lot better than anyone else there

Nolan will be a lot more effective if he misses out on the midweek games, really doesn't have the stamina to be playing twice a week.

Our ageing team does find it hard going weekend-midweek-weekend I think a few of them need to cut down on the boozing after weekend games but we have core of Northern lads at the club & drinking is part of the craic.

Kazenga was dreadful v Peterboro.

Jonas is dreadful pretty much every week. I don't understand how anyone can say he has good technique - where and what exactly?

A winger who can't cross, shoot or pass is like a defender who can't header, tackle or mark - utterly, utterly pointless.

Not sure what this mythical "hold the ball up and let others attack" thing is either - unless what you really mean is "run into blind alleys, turn round, fall over and lose the ball"...

If we can get some dosh for him, I think we'd be daft not to take it as he adds nothing to the side, regardless of how shite everyone else is. If he can be replaced by Ryan Taylor without affecting the side one jot, you know he is not worth keeping...

Guest Stephen927

I'm adament that Kazenga could do a job on the left, and with a bit more match sharpness Lovenkrands could do the same, however, if Jonas is fit enough to play I would pick him for that position every time.

Kazenga hasn't managed to a job in his favoured position on the right though, thats the problem.

come on lads, one bad game returning from injury

One?

He was pretty gash for the entirety of last season?

Nolan was worse but he's suddenly become Totti mark II in the fizzy pop league. Jonas has shown me enough to suggest that he should be persisted with

Jonas on the left wing > Any other player we have on the left wing

nobody can disagree with that. But hey, those fingers must be pointed at someone

Are you saying that because the alternatives are worse we shouldn't be pointing out his faults and poor games? What ridiculous logic.

I'm adament that Kazenga could do a job on the left, and with a bit more match sharpness Lovenkrands could do the same, however, if Jonas is fit enough to play I would pick him for that position every time.

Kazenga hasn't managed to a job in his favoured position on the right though, thats the problem.

I was of the opinion he was a left winger

Jonas is dreadful pretty much every week. I don't understand how anyone can say he has good technique - where and what exactly?

A winger who can't cross, shoot or pass is like a defender who can't header, tackle or mark - utterly, utterly pointless.

Not sure what this mythical "hold the ball up and let others attack" thing is either - unless what you really mean is "run into blind alleys, turn round, fall over and lose the ball"...

:idiot2:

He got two assists against Palace the game before he went out injured. Against Reading remember him destroying their right back...helped set up the first with Enrique. Nearly scored for us & set up loads of corners we got chances from. Corner for the pen might have been down to him, cant remember. Did well when he came on against Huddersfield, got the freekick we got the winner from in that game.

So theres 4 goals going through him in 3 games for you. Doesnt really match up to your argument to well does it.

So getting fouled now counts as an assist, he must be a fucking genius then...and a corner leading to a pen that may or may not have been down to him  :dowie:

You can skew your argument all you want, but I find it astonishing anyone can think he's anything other than very, very average at best.

5 goals in his career and none in a year at NUFC is evidence enough.

Guest neesy111

Jonas on the left wing > Any other player we have on the left wing

nobody can disagree with that. But hey, those fingers must be pointed at someone

Are you saying that because the alternatives are worse we shouldn't be pointing out his faults and poor games? What ridiculous logic.

he should be better than the alternatives, cos we've hardly got any, and when he's on 50-55k, we should expect far far better than what we are getting

him and barton, have been a total disgrace in this division, if ppl say this division is as shit as we think it is, he should be doing 10 times better than what he's done so far this season

He was quality under Keegan, as most of our players were...

He played four matches under Keegan. One was against Coventry and another was us getting raped against Arsenal. Come off it man. :lol:

And he was quality against Man U and Bolton.  Plus the pre-season friendly against Valencia.  Are you denying this?

He played four matches under Keegan. One was against Coventry and another was us getting raped against Arsenal. Come off it man. :lol:

And he was quality against Man U and Bolton.  Plus the pre-season friendly against Valencia.  Are you denying this?

Not denying it, I just don't really think it is worth discussing that he was good in two matches. When you're talking about the likes of Martins, Viduka, Barton, Owen who did well under Keegan for a good long stretch of matches I think it is important, but Jonas really barely got to play for him.

Not denying it, I just don't really think it is worth discussing that he was good in two matches. When you're talking about the likes of Martins, Viduka, Barton, Owen who did well under Keegan for a good long stretch of matches I think it is important, but Jonas really barely got to play for him.

He was still twice as good as any other performance he's ever made for us.  Not saying it was all down to Keegan, there's other factors like the fact he joined a new club, but it shows the potential he has.

So getting fouled now counts as an assist, he must be a f***ing genius then...and a corner leading to a pen that may or may not have been down to him  :dowie:

You can skew your argument all you want, but I find it astonishing anyone can think he's anything other than very, very average at best.

5 goals in his career and none in a year at NUFC is evidence enough.

Not the best reply, i didnt count the pen & i didnt call him getting a freekick an assist. Him not scoring is evidence enough that hes not a goalscorer and thats about it.