Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Theres a reason why he is constantly surrounded by two or three of the opposition.

Because he runs into blind corners making it easy for them to surround him?

because he's the only person in our midfield/team, that can actually hold onto and run wihth the ball.

Theres a reason why he is constantly surrounded by two or three of the opposition.

because he's the only person in our midfield/team, that can actually hold onto and run wihth the ball.

And produce nothing. Ever.

Guest toonlass

He's the only pace in the side and the only player who can go past a man.

and then needlessly take on three men, ending up on his arse and losing the ball

and then needlessly take on three men, ending up on his arse and losing the ball

Or getting us a freekick in a good area..

Guest toonlass

remind me when we last scored from a free-kick this season?

Why don't you post this in the Ryan Taylor thread.

Actually, I think him and Guthrie are the only two players boring enough to not have threads.

Guest toonlass

Actually, I think him and Guthrie are the only two players boring enough to not have threads.

At least both Guthrie and Taylor can score and make goals.

So its Gutierrez's fault that we're shit at free kicks? :idiot2:  Lets just tell the ref before the game that we don't want any eh?

At least both Guthrie and Taylor can score and make goals.

tbf, they're all as pretty ineffective as each other.

Guest toonlass

So its Gutierrez's fault that we're shit at free kicks? :dowie:

No but its his fault he would rather take on 3 men and end up on his arse than pass to a team-mate in space.

No but its his fault he would rather take on 3 men and end up on his arse than pass to a team-mate in space.

Right but that doesn't change the fact that he does get us a lot of free kicks which is a positive thing.  The fact that we've been wasting what should be a good opportunity to score doesn't negate the fact that you want to be winning free kicks around the oppositions box.

Guest toonlass

Right but that doesn't change the fact that he does get us a lot of free kicks which is a positive thing.  The fact that we've been wasting what should be a good opportunity to score doesn't negate the fact that you want to be winning free kicks around the oppositions box.

If he kept it simple though he would probably be more effective.

He looks ridiculously tense when he plays, not relaxed whatsoever, he just snatches at any crossing or shooting opportunity, so it's no wonder he looks crap when the key to striking a ball is to be relaxed. I thought he played well in the second half, looked really dangerous, especially when he picked up the ball and ran at the defence through the middle on a couple of occasions. He just looks a totally different player to the one that played for Mallorca and Argentina (where he actually delivered and still delivers good crosses), he's just one of those players that when it comes, he'll be good but the hard bit is getting there

Reminds me of Luque. Actually Luque was better.

I don't see how he reminds you of Luque. They play nothing like each other.

I mean't what he was saying, especially about looking good at other clubs.

I think he's a great player, a class act. Just ask any away fans who we've played against this season. He has his weaknesses but who doesn't.

Before much longer, NO half decent players will be prepared to play for us, given the reputation we now have (despite the public utterences of players) for turning on our own players quicker than any other set of supporters.

I think he's a great player

Off the top of my head that means I've seen about 10 all time British legends and 7 or 8 world footballing legends who eclipse all players ever play for Newcastle in the last 25 years.

"Great" players score goals. They create goals, they turn matches, they give you hope when all is lost.

Guttierez is not a great player.

As for good players not joining us that's shit as well - we could easily still sign players like Scott Sellars who was 5 times the player Guttierez will ever be.

He's very blatantly a million miles from a great player. Still love him and want him in the team though.

Think Jonas is a very good player who could walk into a lot of sides better than this one and nt look out of place. He's clearly not "great" though. Disagree with the notion that "great players score goals" as posed by NJS.

as said Earlier the last time we got promotoed we tore into teams with wingers and goalscorers and Scott Sellars was way way better and more gifted than this waster of an argentinian will ever be..Come to that matter 99% of that promotion side are streets ahead of what we have now and that includes the likes of kelly,quinn,peacock,bracewell and clark