"Cockney Mafia Out"

Stu

Fuck me...there's nothing worse than fans turning on others who simple feel they need to be heard. 

That bit was slightly ironic, to be fair... :razz:

You're all as bad as each other. The in-fighting amongst fans makes us look just as bad as the club, albeit on a smaller scale.

This place is full of complete snobs!

So fuck there was a banner. The future of the club is more important than one game and if someone feels they want to demonstrate they have the right to do so.

That's right, slag off your own with your snobbish attitudes whilst sticking up for people who couldn't even make the effort to turn up or officially address us. Our chairman sat there sniggering!  :angry:

How many of you whingeing little girls were there? You chose not to make a fuss...fair enough, that's your prerogative but how about you give people who make a statement a break? Or is coming here, on this forum, and being self fucking righteous mean yous have more of a say?

Fuck me...there's nothing worse than fans turning on others who simple feel they need to be heard.  

Yet another master of irony. :lol:

Not like you to be a condescending twat, Indi.

Oh no, wait...

Actually, it is.

Not like you to...

...well I'm not going there actually.

In all seriousness though, there's a whole load of people questioning other people's loyalty to the club simply for daring to have a different opinion to the masses. If that's not condescending, I don't know what is.

Is it really condescending to point out that to slag people off for slagging off their own is hugely ironic? How can it be condescending to state a fact? People are being totally one eyed about this whole thing and are flat out refusing to acknowledge that the other side has any points at all. If that carries on, where do you see it leading?

An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.

We're fucked anyway. If NUFC was a person, it would have been sectioned long ago and carted off to the nearest nuthouse. I'm getting increasingly tired of people not seeing that Ashley & Co are playing us for mugs - I can't see how you can overlook this detail. :dontknow:

It's not ironic you clever man.

How is it not ironic that you criticise something by doing the exact same thing?

The people who are criticising the people with the banner are just as entitled to their opinion as the people holding the banner are to theirs, the only difference is that they've chosen to express their opinion in a way that doesn't disrupt the team on the pitch and contribute to them throwing three points away at home to Hull.

That's what they're being criticised for, when they did it, not what they did. If they'd have done it at half time I doubt anyone would have slated them at all. Like I said before, what was the actual reason for them doing it whilst the game was going on, rather than either before, at half time, or afterwards?

How is it not ironic that you criticise something by doing the exact same thing?

The people who are criticising the people with the banner are just as entitled to their opinion as the people holding the banner are to theirs, the only difference is that they've chosen to express their opinion in a way that doesn't disrupt the team on the pitch and contribute to them throwing three points away at home to Hull.

That's what they're being criticised for, when they did it, not what they did. If they'd have done it at half time I doubt anyone would have slated them at all. Like I said before, what was the actual reason for them doing it whilst the game was going on, rather than either before, at half time, or afterwards?

If anybody thinks anything which happened in the crowd contributed to us throwing away 3 points then they are potentially nuts.

It's not ironic you clever man.

To get maximum impact, perhaps?

What is it exactly that causes you so much offence? If you were there, you'd have seen that what was going on on the pitch wasn't going to be affected by a trio of lads with a banner, parading around the ground...but instead, having nothing more than press reports to go on, you're slating these guys for the inappropriate timing (?!) of their protest?

You've got to be shitting us. Seriously.

Guest black n white

Broken record time.

Ashley isn't a cockney.

;D

i've got a mate called cockney but he isnt a cockney he's from portsmouth

cant help but dislike him ;D

are you a cockney mr broken record

So fuck there was a banner. The future of the club is more important than one game and if someone feels they want to demonstrate they have the right to do so.

That's right, slag off your own with your snobbish attitudes whilst sticking up for people who couldn't even make the effort to turn up or officially address us. Our chairman sat there sniggering!  :angry:

How many of you whingeing little girls were there? You chose not to make a fuss...fair enough, that's your prerogative but how about you give people who make a statement a break? Or is coming here, on this forum, and being self fucking righteous mean yous have more of a say?

Not like you to be a condescending twat, Indi.

Oh no, wait...

Actually, it is.

Not like you to...

...well I'm not going there actually.

In all seriousness though, there's a whole load of people questioning other people's loyalty to the club simply for daring to have a different opinion to the masses. If that's not condescending, I don't know what is.

Is it really condescending to point out that to slag people off for slagging off their own is hugely ironic? How can it be condescending to state a fact? People are being totally one eyed about this whole thing and are flat out refusing to acknowledge that the other side has any points at all. If that carries on, where do you see it leading?

An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.

We're fucked anyway. If NUFC was a person, it would have been sectioned long ago and carted off to the nearest nuthouse. I'm getting increasingly tired of people not seeing that Ashley & Co are playing us for mugs - I can't see how you can overlook this detail. :dontknow:

Well the guy who said that knew a thing or two about how to do an effective protest, he also saw the importance of not destroying the thing you were fighting for in the process, sadly people got carried away with their anger and didn't listen to him. Not comparing myself to Gandhi, before you accuse me of arrogance as well! :lol:

I can overlook that detail, because there's nothing conclusive to back it up with, when there is I'll accept it, until then I'm going to try and not get carried away on the wave of emotion that seems to have engulfed a lot of other people, on both sides of the argument.

So f*** there was a banner. The future of the club is more important than one game and if someone feels they want to demonstrate they have the right to do so.

How many of you whingeing little girls were there? You chose not to make a fuss...fair enough, that's your prerogative but how about you give people who make a statement a break? Or is coming here, on this forum, and being self f***ing righteous mean yous have more of a say?

f*** me...there's nothing worse than fans turning on others who simple feel they need to be heard.  

Exactly. Woohoo we don't agree with it so they're all mongs.

Fucking ridiculous.

I thought it was particular cretinous and embarrassing personally.

What did you find cretinous in particular?

And how was it personally embarrassing for you?

There was far worse going on in and around the ground today than this small protest.

If anybody thinks anything which happened in the crowd contributed to us throwing away 3 points then they are potentially nuts.

Are you saying that the crowd has no effect on what happens on the pitch? You might want to let FIFA and UEFA know as they class away goals as more valuable than home ones. Perhaps we should play all our home games at the Emirates, their pitch is better than ours, or even the Stadium of Light maybe. :dontknow:

It definitely had an effect upon the team, whether we'd have won without it I have no idea, but it certainly didn't help.

I wasn't slightly embarrassed by it, and I have been in the past many times by some supporters actions, including booing the team and leaving at 65 minutes.

What I saw today was fair enough from supporters in the ground and out of it, a justifiable venting of frustration done peacefully.

I agree. Don't see what difference it made to the match at all. If the banner had said 'The players are great!' would they have played better? :laugh:

Are you saying that the crowd has no effect on what happens on the pitch? You might want to let FIFA and UEFA know as they class away goals as more valuable than home ones. Perhaps we should play all our home games at the Emirates, their pitch is better than ours, or even the Stadium of Light maybe. :dontknow:

It definitely had an effect upon the team, whether we'd have won without it I have no idea, but it certainly didn't help.

if anything the atmosphere picked up because of the banner, got people off their seats and making a bit of noise. the team certainly looked better after it than they did before.

if anything the atmosphere picked up because of the banner, got people off their seats and making a bit of noise. the team certainly looked better after it than they did before.

you reckon.

the players didn't play worse because of the banner but they did play worse.

To be honest, I can see where indi is coming from. It's just as "potentially nuts" to think that the players were completely oblivious to what was going on, and weren't at least somewhat distracted by both it and the sudden change of atmosphere around the ground.

They're not robots...

The start of the second half was a chance for everyone to get behind the team again, not a chance for you idiots to get yourselves on tv.

That directly contributed to the slow start we made to the second half.

Cheers lads

Fucking hell.

Is it the fans fault the players are shit now as well??

To be honest, I can see where indi is coming from. It's just as "potentially nuts" to think that the players were completely oblivious to what was going on, and weren't at least somewhat distracted by both it and the sudden change of atmosphere around the ground.

They're not robots...

P.S. That's not at all to say that the banner was responsible for the second goal, or even the change in performance. All I'm saying is that it's hardly mind-blowing to think that the players wouldn't have been at least slightly impacted by it -- it had enough impact on the tv directors, the media, the fans in the ground, and the fans on here to suggest that they probably would have been...

They're not robots...

totally. i doubt  guthrie would have lashed out if it werent for the atmosphere.

you reckon.

the players didn't play worse because of the banner but they did play worse.

we looked far better going forward after than we did before. though i don't think it had anything to do with the banner, more to do with bringing on nacho for ameobi and changing the formation. still shit though.

I reckon the forcing out of one of the greatest managers the club has ever had and the pathetic lack of squad strengthening from a cockney dwarf who couldn't give two fucks about Newcastle United had more to do with being beaten than a few passionate fans carrying a banner round for five minutes.

Crazy talk I know. :rolleyes: