"Cockney Mafia Out"

Stu

Guest black n white

I reckon the forcing out of one of the greatest managers the club has ever had and the pathetic lack of squad strengthening from a cockney dwarf who couldn't give two f***s about Newcastle United had more to do with being beaten than a few passionate fans carrying a banner round for five minutes.

Crazy talk I know. :rolleyes:

no no your onto something there just try not to express it here imo

now on motd

I reckon the forcing out of one of the greatest managers the club has ever had and the pathetic lack of squad strengthening from a cockney dwarf who couldn't give two f***s about Newcastle United had more to do with being beaten than a few passionate fans carrying a banner round for five minutes.

Crazy talk I know. :rolleyes:

weak and shallow squad granted. but nowt to do with the manager past or present. as weeek a squad as that,that got pushed over atr everton and bolton a season or so a go. the first 16 or so is getting there. the squad is piss thin.

Liam. One question, were you there?

Genuine question, and I don't judge supporters who don't attend. Unless they think they know anything about a game and the events surrounding it.

He was there.

Then he's more brainless than I thought.

Liam. One question, were you there?

Genuine question, and I don't judge supporters who don't attend. Unless they think they know anything about a game and the events surrounding it.

He was there.

Then he's more brainless than I thought.

i've always thought that

Are you saying that the crowd has no effect on what happens on the pitch? You might want to let FIFA and UEFA know as they class away goals as more valuable than home ones. Perhaps we should play all our home games at the Emirates, their pitch is better than ours, or even the Stadium of Light maybe. :dontknow:

It definitely had an effect upon the team, whether we'd have won without it I have no idea, but it certainly didn't help.

I was on about 3 people walking around half of the ground, away from the pitch, not having any impact on a goal that probably came 5 minutes after they'd sat back down.

Are you saying that the crowd has no effect on what happens on the pitch? You might want to let FIFA and UEFA know as they class away goals as more valuable than home ones. Perhaps we should play all our home games at the Emirates, their pitch is better than ours, or even the Stadium of Light maybe. :dontknow:

It definitely had an effect upon the team, whether we'd have won without it I have no idea, but it certainly didn't help.

I was on about 3 people walking around half of the ground, away from the pitch, not having any impact on a goal that probably came 5 minutes after they'd sat back down.

it did seem to have an affect on the crowd....that crowd which did at that time seem to stop supporting the team.

To be honest, I can see where indi is coming from. It's just as "potentially nuts" to think that the players were completely oblivious to what was going on, and weren't at least somewhat distracted by both it and the sudden change of atmosphere around the ground.

They're not robots...

The banner was half way up the East stand and went around the Leazes into the Milburn and the crowd reaction was less than you get if you do a Mexican Wave.

To be honest, I can see where indi is coming from. It's just as "potentially nuts" to think that the players were completely oblivious to what was going on, and weren't at least somewhat distracted by both it and the sudden change of atmosphere around the ground.

They're not robots...

The banner was half way up the East stand and went around the Leazes into the Milburn and the crowd reaction was less than you get if you do a Mexican Wave.

by the time that banner got round to the milburn that section was going and the whole atmosphere in the stadium changed

I thought the banner was well supported by those in the ground with a lot clappinbg in agreement, Chairman didn't know where to put himself as for  Close Eye's Wise and the rest nowhere to be seen.

Thought the Cisco kid did well considering the circumstances.

Can't believe people are giving the fans stick for today. Ashley and co will continue to take the piss out of us unless we make a stand.

Too many snobs on this board.

I don't give a f*** how this makes us look to the rest of the country (although I'm fairly sure that most of them agree with us).

I'm more worried about making the s*** setup know fine well where we stand.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be protest and never would. But I give a shit about how it makes us look to the rest of the country and not just because I'm from the north east and live in London. The coverage on the tv of that particular banner made it come across as crass and ignorant. Whatever the points made about the loose use of the words "cockney" and "mafia" or whatever, most people just don't get that. I've spent half the day dealing with it - I'm not really in a position to say "I don't give a fuck."

My two lads have had nothing but shite off people all week and at their football this morning. Then we have to start dealing with that. Whatever the message was meant to be, it came across all wrong and as someone who's had to deal with it outside the comfort zone of Newcastle and thereabouts, it's not been at all good, for the reputation of the north east, its people and Newcastle United supporters in particular.

by the time that banner got round to the milburn that section was going and the whole atmosphere in the stadium changed

I didn't notice much other than when they walked around, those next to them clapped, obviously it could have been different in other parts of the ground but if it wasn't more than clapping I can't see how it would put players off.

"record attendance at the city of manchester stadium...."

and SJP was half empty according to the BBC.

I trust we'll annoy them with emails for this shit.

Aye, they went really overboard with that. We were 2,100 down on capacity, with over 50,000 there. 96% full. Ooooh, so rubbish! :rolleyes:

I didn't notice much other than when they walked around, those next to them clapped, obviously it could have been different in other parts of the ground but if it wasn't more than clapping I can't see how it would put players off.

i was in the gallowgate and people were watching that banner going round more than the footy. when they tried to tell them to stop  it was if the players stopped to watch aswell

Can't believe people are giving the fans stick for today. Ashley and co will continue to take the piss out of us unless we make a stand.

I don't give a f*** how this makes us look to the rest of the country (although I'm fairly sure that most of them agree with us).

I'm not saying there shouldn't be protest and never would. But I give a shit about how it makes us look to the rest of the country and not just because I'm from the north east and live in London. The coverage on the tv of that particular banner made it come across as crass and ignorant. Whatever the points made about the loose use of the words "cockney" and "mafia" or whatever, most people just don't get that. I've spent half the day dealing with it - I'm not really in a position to say "I don't give a fuck."

My two lads have had nothing but shite off people all week and at their football this morning. Then we have to start dealing with that. Whatever the message was meant to be, it came across all wrong and as someone who's had to deal with it outside the comfort zone of Newcastle and thereabouts, it's not been at all good, for the reputation of the north east, its people and Newcastle United supporters in particular.

You should be apologising to your kids for moving there.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be protest and never would. But I give a s*** about how it makes us look to the rest of the country and not just because I'm from the north east and live in London. The coverage on the tv of that particular banner made it come across as crass and ignorant. Whatever the points made about the loose use of the words "cockney" and "mafia" or whatever, most people just don't get that. I've spent half the day dealing with it - I'm not really in a position to say "I don't give a f***."

My two lads have had nothing but s**** off people all week and at their football this morning. Then we have to start dealing with that. Whatever the message was meant to be, it came across all wrong and as someone who's had to deal with it outside the comfort zone of Newcastle and thereabouts, it's not been at all good, for the reputation of the north east, its people and Newcastle United supporters in particular.

I can understand that having lived away a few times.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be protest and never would. But I give a s*** about how it makes us look to the rest of the country and not just because I'm from the north east and live in London. The coverage on the tv of that particular banner made it come across as crass and ignorant. Whatever the points made about the loose use of the words "cockney" and "mafia" or whatever, most people just don't get that. I've spent half the day dealing with it - I'm not really in a position to say "I don't give a f***."

My two lads have had nothing but s**** off people all week and at their football this morning. Then we have to start dealing with that. Whatever the message was meant to be, it came across all wrong and as someone who's had to deal with it outside the comfort zone of Newcastle and thereabouts, it's not been at all good, for the reputation of the north east, its people and Newcastle United supporters in particular.

what is it your lads have to deal with ?

it's my team. thats the end of it.

i was in the gallowgate and people were watching that banner going round more than the footy. when they tried to tell them to stop  it was if the players stopped to watch aswell

The Gallowgate most have been worse than the Leazes then, I always thought the Gallowgate was a bit strange.

stay in fucking london mate.

The Gallowgate most have been worse than the Leazes then, I always thought the Gallowgate was a bit strange.

aye..................................it may be the "madras effect"

Blaming a small banner which went around a couple of times for a loss to Hull is pathetic, grasping at straws. Trying to claim the high ground because your kids got a bit of a ribbing in London is laughable. If they support NUFC they're destined for much ridicule whatever, they may as well get used to it.