Would you want Keegan back now?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

People really think that taking on Keegan would be a good idea, when thousands of Newcastle fans would oppose it?

that's as bad as saying we should appoint someone because the fans would like it. that shouldn't really come into it.

The skills that meant we only drew at Old Trafford and not won obviously.

You forgot to metion the skills which mean we tried to pass it on the deck under keegan instead of playing four clogger midfielders and whacking the ball 50 yds up the pitch. Keegan's just so behind the times with his ancient ideas about passing football.

No Keegan return for me. Don't get me wrong he's an absolute legend in these parts but I think people have to realise we have to look forwards not backwards.

Shearer- Massive gamble, hardly set the world alight last term

Keegan- Lacks the skills a manager needs in this day and age

I honestly believe Keegan as manager would be looking forward; taking the club forward. At a glance, it looks an un-thought, narrow minded opinion. But I genuinley dont have that opnion as narrow minded choice, I totally understand hes not the only good manager out there etc. Theres nothing wrong with people thinking differently, thats fine. But I genuinley, rationally think he's the best man for the job.

While we're at it, lets get Ginola back on the left and Albert at the back. Shearer, Asprilla, Ferdinand, Barton; the lot.

If they could play now like they could play then, what exactly would be the problem?

Ridiculous analogy.

While we're at it, lets get Ginola back on the left and Albert at the back. Shearer, Asprilla, Ferdinand, Barton; the lot.

I think that's narrow minded tbh. I'm no way a Keegan apologist but I don't see a lot of candidates out there that would produce better football teams given some half decent backing.

People really think that taking on Keegan would be a good idea, when thousands of Newcastle fans would oppose it?

that's as bad as saying we should appoint someone because the fans would like it. that shouldn't really come into it.

Thats a bit naive. You don't think the overall distain for Sam Allardyce/Graeme Souness was a factor in their tenure at NUFC?

I think that's narrow minded tbh. I'm no way a Keegan apologist but I don't see a lot of candidates out there that would produce better football teams given some half decent backing.

Zomg but we'd need an Arab to satisfy Keegan's utter LUST for teh monies. Like three Man City's worth.

Thats a bit naive. You don't think the overall distain for Sam Allardyce/Graeme Souness was a factor in their tenure at NUFC?

i said 'shouldn't' as it does to an extent. i think that is a bit different though, as that is fans responding to what has happened on the pitch, rather than some irrational dislike.

Enrique links up well with Jonas, Ginola would have to go on the right wing. 

i said 'shouldn't' as it does to an extent. i think that is a bit different though, as that is fans responding to what has happened on the pitch, rather than some irrational dislike.

The reason behind the dislike doesn't matter that much imo, it's all relevant to how much time it takes for the crowd to turn on a manager. A large portion of fans would be on Keegan's back from day one.

The reason behind the dislike doesn't matter that much imo, it's all relevant to how much time it takes for the crowd to turn on a manager. A large portion of fans would be on Keegan's back from day one.

a significant minority i'd say, but unlike someone like Souness, Keegan is a good enough manager to produce on the pitch and win over all but a few nutters who don't matter much anyway.

a significant minority i'd say, but unlike someone like Souness, Keegan is a good enough manager to produce on the pitch and win over all but a few nutters who don't matter much anyway.

I think you'd be surprised with the amount of people who seriously don't care for Mr.Keegan.

Again, another pointless argument cos there is no way of proving it either way.

Back to beer.

Why should they be? I'd like to think it wouldnt be a large portion once people get round to reading all the facts of this outcome, and it all sinks in. He's vindicated in his choice to 'leave'. He wanted to stay to take the club forward, but he wasnt able to. He'd want to do the same if back in that dug-out, and undoubedly would imo if we had a competant owner.

Why should they be? I'd like to think it wouldnt be a large portion once people get round to reading all the facts of this outcome, and it all sinks in. He's vindicated in his choice to 'leave'. He wanted to stay to take the club forward, but he wasnt able to. He'd want to do the same if back in that dug-out, and undoubedly would imo if we had a competant owner.

I really, really don't care whether you think Keegan is right/wrong/sexy/cool, as it is completely irrelevant to the point I am making. Unless you want to go around Newcastle and individually persuade EVERY Newcastle fan who dislikes Keegan, then he's a poor choice as manager. May as well hire Sam.

I think the vast majority of Newcastle fans (including those who go to the games) would happily support him again. What suggests to you that 'a large portion' would be on his back straight away?

I think the vast majority of Newcastle fans (including those who go to the games) would happily support him again. What suggests to you that 'a large portion' would be on his back straight away?

Friends, media and the like.

As I've said, nee way of proving it either way like.

I'd be on his back right away :thup:

I really, really don't care whether you think Keegan is right/wrong/sexy/cool, as it is completely irrelevant to the point I am making. Unless you want to go around Newcastle and individually persuade EVERY Newcastle fan who dislikes Keegan, then he's a poor choice as manager. May as well hire Sam.

Im questioning why anyone would be on his back from day 1.

I also dont think it would be a poor choice if some of the fans were dubious about him because I think he'd win them over, as long as he's not bieng stitched up behind the scenes of course.

You dont agree with me, thats fine & nowt wrong with that.

but im sure you'd be fine with his presence if he took us up, reestablished us in the top flight, took us into europe, got us playing good football etc.

i wouldn't.

not due to whats happened, i just think he's shot as a top flight manager. he seems too reliant on needing big money to bring players in. the keegan of his first 3 years here doesn't, i fear,exist anymore.

I agree on the media, and that's one of the reasons I wouldn't want him back. They'd be causing shit every fucking day and it would be nausiating. Then again if it was managed correctly (ie not spreading lies and keeping secrets like this lot have done) and we were doing reasonably well on the pitch they'd probably get bored eventually.

My experience with friends and people going to/at SJP is the complete opposite.

i wouldn't.

not due to whats happened, i just think he's shot as a top flight manager. he seems too reliant on needing big money to bring players in. the keegan of his first 3 years here doesn't, i fear,exist anymore.

Once he had time to implement his tactics he managed to turn our team around without any new players.

Oh yeah, actually he did sign Diatta.

Nonsense - it helps when the fans back an appointment ( for the converse see Souness G)  and KK has a wee bit of history!