10 Rules Changes to Improve Football

Stu

I'd agree that referees should enforce the laws about goalkeepers and penalty kicks. They can already order the kick retaken, so it's just a matter of having the will to do it. When I first started watching football xxx years ago, about 1 in 3 penalties were retaken because of an infringement. Now it's a rarity.

I wouldn't scrap offside. You'd end up with a long ball game.

I'd scrap the red card for the professional foul and award a yellow card and a penalty instead, regardless of where the infringement occurred.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

I like number 5.

If Taylor hadn't had to stay off the pitch at Old Trafford we might have beaten Man Utd

No 5 is bollocks too.

Why?

If a player is fouled and has to have treatment, why should he have to leave the pitch when the fouler stays on it?

Not many of them are particuarily good ideas.

One thing I think they should do is use exact timings, in this day and age there's really no excuse for not doing so. Instead of 90 mins games, to halfs of football well the ball is "live" for 30 mins.

I like number 5.

If Taylor hadn't had to stay off the pitch at Old Trafford we might have beaten Man Utd

No 5 is bollocks too.

Why?

If a player is fouled and has to have treatment, why should he have to leave the pitch when the fouler stays on it?

Should be the other way around, IMO. If a player needs treatment, then he can't come back on the pitch straight away. The way you want it would just lead to even more laying around feigning injuries.

100000% agree with the celebration one. One of the most infuriatingly pathetic elements of football is that you can be booked for celebrating with fans, taking your shirt off, I mean seriously, what a joke.

So therefore, celebrating and dangerous challenge will more often than not = same punishment. Rubbish.

Aye, stopping people from getting trampled and injured is just stupid!

100000% agree with the celebration one. One of the most infuriatingly pathetic elements of football is that you can be booked for celebrating with fans, taking your shirt off, I mean seriously, what a joke.

So therefore, celebrating and dangerous challenge will more often than not = same punishment. Rubbish.

Aye, stopping people from getting trampled and injured is just stupid!

Sigh, you knew what I meant.

To be fair, enjoying a goal and having some fun should be strictly outlawed. Can't be having that like.