So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

It would be stupid to allow the club to go down.

it would to us, but the club would still get those parachute payments for the first year, and would force Ashleys hand into a "sale" price.

Its possible. A quick promotion and then move forward again in the long run.

that is just stupid talk, tell that to leeds and that, who said exactly the same

well, quite a lot of people said it was "stupid" to suggest that a successor to Shepherd wouldn't automatically be better, and look what happened there. Whats stupid now ?

Seriously, its a possibility, so why rubbish it ? If you don't agree, fair enough, I'm not sure if I think it will happen myself, I hope it doesn't, but it might.

well, if shepherd stayed then this club would of went bankrupt within months, and don't give me the re-finance stuff, the banks would of told them to fuck off with it

we aren't talking about the club going bankrupt or otherwise, or re-financing. We are talking about who might be buying the club and currently speculating on why it seems to be moving slowly

I'm tired of telling you and people like you that the old board saved this club from a position a hundred times more perilous than the current one and don't particularly want to do it again here.

it would to us, but the club would still get those parachute payments for the first year, and would force Ashleys hand into a "sale" price.

that is just stupid talk, tell that to leeds and that, who said exactly the same

well, quite a lot of people said it was "stupid" to suggest that a successor to Shepherd wouldn't automatically be better, and look what happened there. Whats stupid now ?

Seriously, its a possibility, so why rubbish it ? If you don't agree, fair enough, I'm not sure if I think it will happen myself, I hope it doesn't, but it might.

well, if shepherd stayed then this club would of went bankrupt within months, and don't give me the re-finance stuff, the banks would of told them to fuck off with it

we aren't talking about the club going bankrupt or otherwise, or re-financing. We are talking about who might be buying the club and currently speculating on why it seems to be moving slowly

I'm tired of telling you and people like you that the old board saved this club from a position a hundred times more perilous than the current one and don't particularly want to do it again here.

I just underlined that last point so people can grasp just how tired you are at having to do this tiresome task again and again, and you are doing it again just to remind them how tired you are of telling them this.

Stop fucking doing it then.

Everyone knows your opinion, you know most others' opinion. Nobody is changing their minds.

Stop fucking doing it then.

Everyone knows your opinion, you know most others' opinion. Nobody is changing their minds.

for info Dave........

take a look and you will see it wasn't me who started on about bankruptcy etc .....

I was responding to my comment being called stupid, which it isn't in my opinion, its perfectly possible.

Not like you to miss out on the initial post is it, instead of jumping on the reply. For someone who at least had the balls to admit I was right in the end - unfortunately for all of us - you sure don't have much sympathy for those who still spout the same bollocks knowing they were massively wrong. Which isn't "opinion" anyway, its fact.

Thats all really. Unless again you think its OK to make posts at me but not Ok for me to reply ?

Keep repeating it mate, eventually it will sink in and they will take a more circumspective view next time. Some on here, without a clue about how finance works, seem to think we were on the verge of collapse. None of them have ever been able to answer why none of the other clubs in this league with worse finances were not also headed for ruin? The one question that has never been answered is why Newcastle as a footballl club were any different to any of the other clubs who were financially worse run than us? We were not the worst club in the league by a long way. If you have a narrow-minded, insular view of the world then yes, maybe, we were in need of help. However, we weren't in reality, we were in as just a good a position as any other club.

Things have changed since then but the principle stays the same. 

Keep repeating it mate, eventually it will sink in and they will take a more circumspective view next time. Some on here, without a clue about how finance works, seem to think we were on the verge of collapse. None of them have ever been able to answer why none of the other clubs in this league with worse finances were not also headed for ruin? The one question that has never been answered is why Newcastle as a footballl club were any different to any of the other clubs who were financially worse run than us? We were not the worst club in the league by a long way. If you have a narrow-minded, insular view of the world then yes, maybe, we were in need of help. However, we weren't in reality, we were in as just a good a position as any other club.

you would think they would learn, but they don't. Their personal agenda must run very deep. Do some of them actually have a mind of their own or are they really happy jumping on the "lets bash the old board bandwagon". The events of the last 18 months should really have shown some true perspective, but it would appear not.

They should be really happy that we are in a better financial position than most other clubs, it should serve us well if we have to try to attract players to get us back into the premiership. Which we haven't been since, errr, 1992. Fancy that eh.

When will the new owners buy the club ? Are they waiting for the asking price to drop ? What will cause it to drop ? Its not rocket science this. Either that or splash out in January to ensure we avoid the drop. Is soopa mike going to sanction this ? Any new owners would want to be in place by January and do precisely that if they want to preserve premiership status ? The lengths some people will go to rather than admit soopa mike has been found to be hugely inferior to the people they slated is amazing.

We'll see. I'm not optimistic. We need a new board in place by the deadline, unless mikey does an amazing u-turn to save his "investment", although he may lob it onto the asking price.

What a mess.

NUFC debt (pre Ashley) Vs other clubs?

Just like Barclays is in a better position liabilities Vs assets wise than some other banks?

Everything was and will always be brilliant then! So long as you aren't the worst, what the hell can happen? Probably nothing. Balls to all that fiscal stuff. If recent experience shows anything, it's that nothing goes wrong from taking a gamble.

well, if shepherd stayed then this club would of went bankrupt within months, and don't give me the re-finance stuff, the banks would of told them to f*** off with it

you would think they would learn, but they don't. Their personal agenda must run very deep. Do some of them actually have a mind of their own or are they really happy jumping on the "lets bash the old board bandwagon". The events of the last 18 months should really have shown some true perspective, but it would appear not.

They should be really happy that we are in a better financial position than most other clubs, it should serve us well if we have to try to attract players to get us back into the premiership. Which we haven't been since, errr, 1992. Fancy that eh.

When will the new owners buy the club ? Are they waiting for the asking price to drop ? What will cause it to drop ? Its not rocket science this. Either that or splash out in January to ensure we avoid the drop. Is soopa mike going to sanction this ? Any new owners would want to be in place by January and do precisely that if they want to preserve premiership status ? The lengths some people will go to rather than admit soopa mike has been found to be hugely inferior to the people they slated is amazing.

We'll see. I'm not optimistic. We need a new board in place by the deadline, unless mikey does an amazing u-turn to save his "investment", although he may lob it onto the asking price.

What a mess.

If it wasn't for Keegan leaving no-one would contemplate relegation, do you blame him?  You know fuck alll about our finances before Ashley took over, you can try to tell us we were better run under shepherd but all he did was give the ssn retards outside SJP what they wanted, the difference between our finances and that of other clubs and why they haven't gone under is because we had a champions league wage bill without champions league football and provided Shepherd bought one or more trophy player per season the stadium would still be full and we could just about keep going but for how long?  We where going the way of leeds mate, one more summer of Luque's Owen's coming in and we'd have been done if we hadn't got into europe, just like leeds, a big club with a large fanbase and excellent ticket sales.

I was expecting a top half finish and see no reason why we can't achieve that still.  We have a very good 1st 11 and some decent backup.  You only come on here to spout negative shit and you keep on saying the same old shit all the time.  Maybe you're right, maybe not but there is no point in wasting time talking the same shit,  why don't you just give links to your old posts then you can save a bit of time and bandwidth.

Havent been following this really as i cant be bothered with it all, but if there are 7 parties interested, and Ashley desperately wants out, why the hell havent we been sold yet?

I would assume that's because Harris is actually trying to sell us to the person/consortium that would be best for the club.  It is, after all, his reputation on the line if we're bought out by a bunch of cowboys.

well, if shepherd stayed then this club would of went bankrupt within months, and don't give me the re-finance stuff, the banks would of told them to f*** off with it

What a mess.

If it wasn't for Keegan leaving no-one would contemplate relegation, do you blame him?  You know fuck alll about our finances before Ashley took over, you can try to tell us we were better run under shepherd but all he did was give the ssn retards outside SJP what they wanted , the difference between our finances and that of other clubs and why they haven't gone under is because we had a champions league wage bill without champions league football and provided Shepherd bought one or more trophy player per season the stadium would still be full and we could just about keep going but for how long?  We where going the way of leeds mate, one more summer of Luque's Owen's coming in and we'd have been done if we hadn't got into europe, just like leeds, a big club with a large fanbase and excellent ticket sales.

I was expecting a top half finish and see no reason why we can't achieve that still.  We have a very good 1st 11 and some decent backup.  You only come on here to spout negative shit and you keep on saying the same old shit all the time.  Maybe you're right, maybe not but there is no point in wasting time talking the same shit,  why don't you just give links to your old posts then you can save a bit of time and bandwidth.

I'm sorry to have to break this news to you, but 52000 supporters through the gates tells you that you are wrong, and they gave all of those people what they wanted. If you don't believe me, look at the crowds for years previous to 1992.

And the fall off since soopa mike walked through the door.

I don't spout negative shit, I speak facts. I was speaking positive shit when we were in the CL, remember those days ? Long way away now aren't they ? HOw long will it be before we are back ? Tell me how positive you want to be here ?

I see you come out with the "trophy player" shite. You know nowt about trophy players. The trophy winners buy trophy players. If you dismiss quality footballers instead of the Johnny averages largely bought by Ashley, stick with him, support him more, and he may stay and you'll get more of it.

If less people spouted the rubbish that you are , which I'm replying to - again - then there would be no reason for me to reply.

If you wish to say its your opinion the club hasn't appeared in the best league positions and qualified more for europe than at any time for 50 years, go ahead. But look it up first.

Leeds ? We are heading the way of Leeds now, since Ashley walked through the door alright, but we weren't before that.

So any updates on who's buying the club? Not bothered with the papers for a while now.

Well Dave, I gave my opinion before people started harping on about the club going bankrupt.

So any updates on who's buying the club, anyone?

I've replied the other day. I don't think anyone has replied constructively to what I said yet. I think its possible. We'll see.

The price might be too high, and they are waiting for circumstances to force him to drop it.

So any updates on who's buying the club? Not bothered with the papers for a while now.

I look at all the broadsheets, and there haven't been stories since the last ones posted on here.

Cheers. Seems strange how Harris suddenly came out and had loads to say, then has gone quiet again. Wonder if this means something is happening, or if nothing is happening. :undecided:

I'm not asking you.

I thought you were.

I thought it was an open message board ?

Disappointing not many people seem to want to face up to the idea that what I say may turn out to be right. I hope not though.

I'm not asking you.

I thought you were.

I thought it was an open message board ?

Disappointing not many people seem to want to face up to the idea that what I say may turn out to be right. I hope not though.

It's an open message board but I don't want to get into yet another boring argument with you. So I was asking anyone other than you if there were any updates.

:thup:

I look at all the broadsheets, and there haven't been stories since the last ones posted on here.

Cheers. Seems strange how Harris suddenly came out and had loads to say, then has gone quiet again. Wonder if this means something is happening, or if nothing is happening. :undecided:

I 'spose. Bit bored with speculating on the basis of more or less nothing, though.