So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

Inciteful indeed :lol:

Sic?

Somewhat. 

Just got this off Newcastle blog dont know how reliable it is but its inciteful on prospective buyers if its the actual ones or speculating ,who knows but hopefully we can find out a bit more in the next few days .

Just picked this up off tribal football but i dont know if this is made up or not .

Keegan return unlikely at Newcastle

* Premiership News

PRINT | EMAIL | COMMENTS (0)

Keegan return unlikely at Newcastle

16.10.08 | tribalfootball.com

There is unlikely to be any triumphant return to Newcastle United for Kevin Keegan.

Keith Harris, the man employed by owner Mike Ashley to flog the Toon, reckons none of the interested parties want King Kev in charge.

Harris said: “Nobody has said to us that having Kevin as manager is a condition for them to go forward.

“Whoever the new owner would be, it would be their choice and there’s a wealth of management experience out there. But no one’s said it’s a pre-condition.”

That is media spin and selective quoting of the Keith Harris interview. It doesn't say Keegan will be back and it doesn't say he won't be. Why should whoever is trying to buy the club mention who they want as manager? Newcastle and Keegan are totally separate. It's not as if Ashley could guarantee Keegan would return. I'd be worried about a buyer who only wanted NUFC if they could get Keegan back.

Yep.  Not sure why anyone would specify that Keegan as manager would have to be a "pre condition".  I'm sure any prospective owner who wants Keegan to return would speak to him beforehand but I don't see as a precondition it would be a deal breaker.  The only way it would have any importance would be if Keegan had a personal services contract with Mike Ashley, rather than the club.

Guest elbee909

any prospective buyer will be aware the club will be a lot cheaper if they wait until we are possibly a championship club.

Good job done by mikey there.

But then it'd be worth less, wouldn't it?  Why not wait until it's in the Conference?

any prospective buyer will be aware the club will be a lot cheaper if they wait until we are possibly a championship club.

But then it'd be worth less, wouldn't it?  Why not wait until it's in the Conference?

it won't be worth less at all. The potential is the same. Just a cheaper buying price. Brace yourself for the possibility.

Edit. Strange this, but its just occured to me that people once floated the daft idea that Fred would do this to buy more shares for a cheaper price. There is now a very real possibility any prospective new owners may have weighed up the situation and are prepared to do it.

cant see that happening.  That would be like selling a sports car with out wheels.

Guest elbee909

it won't be worth less at all. The potential is the same. Just a cheaper buying price. Brace yourself for the possibility.

Been bracing myself for the possibility for a bit longer than this season.  But let me get this straight; the club won't be worth less, but it'll be cheaper.

I don't even need to point out the nonsense there.

Been bracing myself for the possibility for a bit longer than this season.  But let me get this straight; the club won't be worth less, but it'll be cheaper.

you're just being pedantic, you know exactly what I mean. And this struggle has been on the cards since this time a year ago, all the signs were coming to light.

It would be stupid to allow the club to go down.

it would to us, but the club would still get those parachute payments for the first year, and would force Ashleys hand into a "sale" price.

Its possible. A quick promotion and then move forward again in the long run.

Guest elbee909

you're just being pedantic, you know exactly what I mean. And this struggle has been on the cards since this time a year ago, all the signs were coming to light.

It'll be worth less, because it'll be worth less.  Yeah, I know what you mean.

For one who bemoans wallowing in hindsight in other people, you do seem to love a bit of it yourself.

It'll be worth less, because it'll be worth less.  Yeah, I know what you mean.

For one who bemoans wallowing in hindsight in other people, you do seem to love a bit of it yourself.

same potential. Like buying something in a sale. Which is effectively what it would be. You know what I mean  :coolsmiley:

I don't use hindsight. Its just a suggestion, and a possibility. None of us know what they are thinking, all we know is things appear to have quietened down.

Guest neesy111

it would to us, but the club would still get those parachute payments for the first year, and would force Ashleys hand into a "sale" price.

that is just stupid talk, tell that to leeds and that, who said exactly the same

I don't use hindsight.

You don't even understand what the word means.

I do, its what you use when you say a manager who won the UEFA Cup twice is a good manager, and someone who won 4 titles with 2 different clubs and 3 manager of the years, wasn't

You could try again here, as you side stepped it the last time  bluelaugh.gif

that is just stupid talk, tell that to leeds and that, who said exactly the same

well, quite a lot of people said it was "stupid" to suggest that a successor to Shepherd wouldn't automatically be better, and look what happened there. Whats stupid now ?

Seriously, its a possibility, so why rubbish it ? If you don't agree, fair enough, I'm not sure if I think it will happen myself, I hope it doesn't, but it might.

well, quite a lot of people said it was "stupid" to suggest that a successor to Shepherd wouldn't automatically be better, and look what happened there. Whats stupid now ?

Seriously, its a possibility, so why rubbish it ? If you don't agree, fair enough, I'm not sure if I think it will happen myself, I hope it doesn't, but it might.

I know what you are saying but I just cant see for the life me having prem status and letting it slip.  Just makes no sense.  Any potential buyer thinking they could get it on the cheap in the championship has not done any homeoork of that divsion.  There are no guarantees of getting out of it.

I know what you are saying but I just cant see for the life me having prem status and letting it slip.  Just makes no sense.  Any potential buyer thinking they could get it on the cheap in the championship has not done any homeoork of that divsion .  There are no guarantees of getting out of it.

excusing the spelling  ;D that particular point is what I had in mind .........

From one owner who knows nowt about football, to another.

Hopefully not.

I'm just wondering if anyone out there IS interested, and if so, why has it gone quiet ? If its the asking price, you can bet your arse they will be waiting to see if it comes down.

Guest neesy111

well, if shepherd stayed then this club would of went bankrupt within months, and don't give me the re-finance stuff, the banks would of told them to fuck off with it