So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

Let's just not judge the manager/owners on the Jan transfer window, given how it is difficult to persuade players to move at that time of year.

Glad to see you've learnt the sum total of f*** all from the experience of the past 18 months.

Well done.

So to clarify, just for my benefit - we should be overpaying if thats whats required? Is that in reference to our current plight (low on numbers) or generally?

That wasn't the point.

To answer the question with another question; ever bought a coffee at an airport for £5? Sometimes circumstances dictate that you pay more than the 'market rate'.

Let's just not judge the manager/owners on the Jan transfer window, given how it is difficult to persuade players to move at that time of year.

Glad to see you've learnt the sum total of f*** all from the experience of the past 18 months.

Well done.

So to clarify, just for my benefit - we should be overpaying if thats whats required? Is that in reference to our current plight (low on numbers) or generally?

That wasn't the point.

To answer the question with another question; ever bought a coffee at an airport for £5? Sometimes circumstances dictate that you pay more than the 'market rate'.

Ah ok, thats fair enough. I just think pricing in January a little too subjective, especially with the quality of player that is available around those times. Its no coincidence that alot of the big clubs dont shop in these periods becasue of this.

Well done.

That wasn't the point.

Ah ok, thats fair enough. I just think pricing in January a little too subjective, especially with the quality of player that is available around those times. Its no coincidence that alot of the big clubs dont shop in these periods becasue of this.

we had this with you last year at this time. You didn't want the club to spend money in January. Do you think we will be so lucky this time ? Whats your ambition for this club ? Are you happy just staying in the premiership or do you want to be a top club and do you understand how you get to be a top club ?

Well done.

That wasn't the point.

we had this with you last year at this time. You didn't want the club to spend money in January. Do you think we will be so lucky this time ? Whats your ambition for this club ? Are you happy just staying in the premiership or do you want to be a top club and do you understand how you get to be a top club ?

Look mate - id be happy to oblige you with an answer but i feel that it'd only get twisted and controted out of reasonable proportion. I have a pretty steady view on the way id like to do our business some will agree others not. I have a feeling you'd be in the latter group.

My views comes from the beleif that id like to see a level playing field again but cant see it whatseover in the future.

I think all this is a moot point now - implmenting a sustainalbe business plan which starts with the appointment of the right man isnt so important nowadys becasue the dollar is so powerful in football nowadays. Success is no longer built its bought and thats what i think will happen to us with our next buyer. Id love nothing more than to see the club build the club off the back of its success like Man U but all i see nowadays is fans and owners aspriing to buy success which in my opinion is a sad state of affairs - the game's losing its soul, it no longer belongs to the fans.

Id love nothing more than to see the club build the club off the back of its success like Man U

Is this a different Man U to the club that has bought success since time immemorial?

One good batch of youngsters does not change history - going back to Liverpool in the 80s and the rest, success in the English game has always been a function of wealth.

Id love nothing more than to see the club build the club off the back of its success like Man U

Is this a different Man U to the club that has bought success since time immemorial?

One good batch of youngsters does not change history - going back to Liverpool in the 80s and the rest, success in the English game has always been a function of wealth.

I give you Arsenal and Leeds (under Wilkinson)

I give you Arsenal and Leeds (under Wilkinson)

Arsenal have always been one of the top 3 or 4 richest clubs before they built the Emirates - "old" money.

Leeds were a one-off that didn't last - the Ridsdale madness came later and was unrelated.

So whats your point - every single successfull club in the world has bought its success?

Id also like to point out that the point id like to make is that man u have got themselves into the financial situation they are in now purely by football reasons, albeit with some financial advantages from the start - id also point out that in no way have i advocated that we should try and achieve success for as cheap as possible.

success in the English game has always been a function of wealth.

Tell that to Brian Clough and Nottingham Forest, or Sir Bobby Robson and Ipswich.

I'll give you Forest - again more of an exception - Ipswich won a couple of cups which I'd love us to do but not great in the scheme of things.

Id also like to point out that the point id like to make is that man u have got themselves into the financial situation they are in now purely by football reasons, albeit with some financial advantages from the start - id also point out that in no way have i advocated that we should try and achieve success for as cheap as possible.

I see what you mean - I thought you were advocating that becoming a good team "on the cheap" was somehow more noble than doing a Chelsea etc which I think is crap.

So whats your point - every single successfull club in the world has bought its success?

Mostly - success tends to be a feedback loop and it's hard to break the cycle unless you have an exceptional manager (see Clough) or stupid money (Chelsea).

I see what you mean - I thought you were advocating that becoming a good team "on the cheap" was somehow more noble than doing a Chelsea etc which I think is crap.

No no, i recognise the need to spend money but I do beleive that there should be a sense a regulation to how and when we spend our money, thats all.

A certain plane crash has a certain amount to do with their success tbh.

How so?

How so?

Because they gained a lot of support after Munich.

How so?

Louis Edwards used the money from donations following the disaster to fund the building of the club.

PLUS

The Munich air disaster created headlines around the globe and spawned a legend that, ultimately, helped make Manchester United one of the biggest clubs in the world.