Who Is Most Important To Their Club?

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I actually think Drogba has been more important to Chelsea than Lampard btw.

That's not a slight on Lampard, I just think Drogba is that good. Phenomenal player who has been the focal point of everything they've done for years now.

For us it's probably Martins, strangely enough. A very frustarting player at times no doubt, but we tend to look absolutely fucking useless every time he doesn't play.

Agree regarding Martins. There is something about him that makes us look twice as dangerous when we're on the ball when he's playing as opposed to when he's not. Still though, it's hard to ignore Owen's goals, he's a constant threat and you can count on him to get the goals. I just can't wait til we finally get to see them play together again.

It's Martins pace that worries teams. They can't push up and play a high line when he's on the pitch for fear of being caught in behind, which they can with Owen. This gives our entire team more space to play in when in possession. He also unsettles opponents I think, he's so unpredictable that its hard to know what to do with him.

Agree about seeing them together, but I don't see a regular 4-4-2 working which is why I'm really hoping we stick with the 4-3-1-2 we had last year. With a focal point for them to play off like Viduka, they're great to have on the pitch at the same time.

Think the bit I bolded is more important than his pace, actually, as he doesn't use his pace to run behind defenders enough.

I think they could, and would, work in a 4-4-2, but would be even more lethal in the 4-3-1-2, especially if Owen is going to continue to look as quick and sharp as he did against Hull.

Although Gerrard is extremely important for Liverpool, i voted for Ronaldo.

I mean, they cant even perform without him. He is actually bigger than the club. Tevez talked about yesterday how mentally helpful it was to get him back into the squad.

Did you see the reception he got last night? Before the match most mancs were talking about how they wouldnt forgive him until he would score a few goals and prove himself once again after this fiasco that went on during the summer, and theyd keep on singing "Viva Wayne Rooney" until then.

The minute he started to warm up Old Trafford went wild and you could hear Viva Ronaldo, while he barely had put his boots on.

Some Red café guys insisted they didnt participate and tried to drown the song with the anderson chant, but you could only hear that a while afterwards.

Ronaldo. 42 goals in 48 games is a ridiculous record, that always leaves a doubt whether or not they can score without him, eventhough they already have few other potential match winners (Tevez, Nani, Berba).

Gerrard is inspirational, he is obviosly very important but it seems to me the other players try harder when he doesn't play.

Guest quklaani

Rio Ferdinand to Manchester United.  On the rare occasions he's missing, no matter how good our backup is we're fecking useless.  Why?  Because we play in a way which tends to leave the defence very exposed and Rio's brilliance is the only think that makes it work.

Man United fans fully expected to beat Liverpool on saturday (and if not for Edwin spazzing out and Carrick getting injured we'd have done so) without Ronaldo.  But if we'd been without Rio we'd have all expected to lose, same with all the tough games.  We can score goals without Ronaldo, although we're struggling presently, but defending without Rio is a scary prospect.

Of the list though, its Fabregas.  Chelsea only seem to struggle when they lose Cech, Liverpool can cope easily without Gerrard, but Fabregas is vital to Arsenal playing even remotely well.

Guest lebowski

Why only players, I believe the most important appointment a club can make is the manager, I would vote for Wenger as being the most important person to any  premier club. Certainly he is more important than any of the players being discussed in my opinion.

Although Lampard is a very good player to have the potential to play a midfield of Ballack, Deco and Essien when he is not available this means he is not as important to his club as Fabregas, Ronaldo and Gerrard.

Guest Stephen927

Ronaldo. Don't think anybody else could have scored the number of goals he did last season, absolutely phenomenal.

They've looked a bit flat and predictable without him so far this season.

Rio Ferdinand to Manchester United.  On the rare occasions he's missing, no matter how good our backup is we're fecking useless.  Why?  Because we play in a way which tends to leave the defence very exposed and Rio's brilliance is the only think that makes it work.

Man United fans fully expected to beat Liverpool on saturday (and if not for Edwin spazzing out and Carrick getting injured we'd have done so) without Ronaldo.  But if we'd been without Rio we'd have all expected to lose, same with all the tough games.  We can score goals without Ronaldo, although we're struggling presently, but defending without Rio is a scary prospect.

Of the list though, its Fabregas.  Chelsea only seem to struggle when they lose Cech, Liverpool can cope easily without Gerrard, but Fabregas is vital to Arsenal playing even remotely well.

First two paragraphs are very interesting and something I've suspected for a while, I really think Rio is a superb player. Can't disagree more with the comment about Gerrard though, I really think that he defines Liverpool too much. He's the man that Carragher wishes he was, and I think Liverpool look a bit lost without him tbh.