Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's such a shame because I honestly like the idea of having a Supporter's Club. They've gone about this all wrong though, and I wouldn't even contemplate giving them money whilst I'm so against their policies and methods.

It's such a shame because I honestly like the idea of having a Supporter's Club. They've gone about this all wrong though, and I wouldn't even contemplate giving them money whilst I'm so against their policies and methods.

Aye, its sticking in my neck, just let the Ashley thing go.  Its over, he wants to sell, be bigger than that and move on.

Aye, its sticking in my neck, just let the Ashley thing go.  Its over, he wants to sell, be bigger than that and move on.

When this is all over I'll see what policies and views they have as I'll open to reevaluating my position on it.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/10/30/nufc-supporters-club-vows-to-boycott-ashley-72703-22151426/

I'm not over impressed with that like, and I wouldn;t be sure about having them on the board.

I don't know whats worse, that or the headline below - 'SHOLA AMEOBI has thanked interim manager Joe Kinnear for salvaging his career with Newcastle United'

When this is all over I'll see what policies and views they have as I'll open to reevaluating my position on it.

Yep, i've made my mind up.  I wont be part of it until this whole "ashley out" thing is gone.

Yep, i've made my mind up.  I wont be part of it until this whole "ashley out" thing is gone.

That was the whole idea behind starting it you gimp.

Right, do you think it'll disband or something once Ashley has left? Do you think that is it's only agenda?

At best pathetic, at worst dangerous.

These idiots really need to be stopped before they do further damage to the club and embarrass it's real supporters more than they have already.

still "embarrassed" then are we ?

Right, do you think it'll disband or something once Ashley has left? Do you think that is it's only agenda?

No.

It will evolve.

Get a dictionary and look up what catalyst means.

The point being that as a supporters group looking to get rid of the ownership, they can only be affective up to the point of getting an expression of the desire to sell the club. Once that has been acheived there is nothing else they can do. They can not 'protest' someone into buying us and therefore, once the initial objective has been acheived, any further demonstrations of unrest are pointless at best and quite probably counter-productive. Especially in the current climate of risk-aversion amongst the financial community.

End of debate on the matter.

The point being that as a supporters group looking to get rid of the ownership, they can only be affective up to the point of getting an expression of the desire to sell the club. Once that has been acheived there is nothing else they can do. They can not 'protest' someone into buying us and therefore, once the initial objective has been acheived, any further demonstrations of unrest are pointless at best and quite probably counter-productive. Especially in the current climate of risk-aversion amongst the financial community.

...yes and then it will evolve into a more normal 'Supporters Club'...For now it is still in the birthing phase and is driven by the primary motivation. Unless you're saying it won't evolve?

...yes and then it will evolve into a more normal 'Supporters Club'...For now it is still in the birthing phase and is driven by the primary motivation. Unless you're saying it won't evolve?

Even monkeys evolved.

...yes and then it will evolve into a more normal 'Supporters Club'...For now it is still in the birthing phase and is driven by the primary motivation.

Agreed.

Even monkeys evolved.

Not all of them though eh?

You can still have a supporters club/group even if they had nowt to protest against.

It does the whole situation no good when people come out with some of the comments they have.  Yes Ashley wants out, do we need to constantly reminded of it ? NO.

...yes and then it will evolve into a more normal 'Supporters Club'...For now it is still in the birthing phase and is driven by the primary motivation.

Agreed.

Of course if it doesn't evolve people (rightly so) will lose interest in it.

Still so many folk willing to stick the boot in without being prepared to do anything themselves.

If you don't want to be a member, or agree with them, then why go?

I don't agree with the BNP, but wouldn't go along to one of their meetings asking, "But why DO you want rid of Asians in this country?"

Still so many folk willing to stick the boot in without being prepared to do anything themselves.

Do what exactly? Declare war on them? Protest against their protests? Then perhaps they can protest against our protests against their protests. I'm against people stirring up trouble for the sake of it, nothing wrong with that.

Point is at least they are doing something. Ashley's said he wants to sell the club, but there's no guarantee that will happen at all. We could very well be still in limbo come January, with the likes of Owen (and others) moved out of the club by Dennis Wise. That can be the only reason why the poison dwarf is still in a job, unless someone can tell me otherwise.

Point is at least they are doing something. Ashley's said he wants to sell the club, but there's no guarantee that will happen at all. We could very well be still in limbo come January, with the likes of Owen (and others) moved out of the club by Dennis Wise. That can be the only reason why the poison dwarf is still in a job, unless someone can tell me otherwise.

So if for whatever reason Ashley can't sell, then what good is protesting going to do?