Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can only guess that the self appointed committee have had another secret meeting.

That's one of the main things that pisses me off about them. If you dare question or object to one of their statements you're told "well why don't you go to the next meeting then?".

Well there seems to be plenty of misguided statements coming out from them and I haven't seen any meeting advertised since the first one so how exactly is anyone supposed to attend one to express their views?

I assume everyone who paid their £10 was consulted about the statement?

Has anyone paid? If so, can you confirm the above?

What about a group which is called NUSCFNC - Newcastle United Supporters Club for No Change. Because that's what many here appear to want. Still if they are happy to be continually buggered up the Gary Glitter by the club, then more the fool them. Things will never change because they don't have to - or not enough people want it.

The irony is thats exactly the sort of image we should be portraying publicly, as this is what investors want to see. If you want an investor he has to see some sort of return. Gullible, spend-happy supporters who love to bend over and take it from behind is the ideal profile for an investor. A militant, incoherent supporter base is exactly the opposite of what they are looking for.

Does anyone still think there is no connection with the turmoil/protests and poisonous atmosphere at the club and the lack of willing buyers?

I don't think there's any connection what so ever between he protests and lack of buyers (though we don't know how many people are really interested), anyone with an ounce of knowledge about football would know that they wouldn't have to do much to get the supporters back onside. Even through this period when it is as bad I can remember and that includes pre-premier league we are still pulling in 40,000+ crowds.

OK I've caught up a little on this thread.

I have to say I'm a little disappointed by the the constant attacks on Ashley by name, their statements do come over pretty poorly.

Having said that, I fully support their willingness to get off their arses and try to do something about this crisis, which is something most of the posters here complaining about what they said would never do in a million years. Like someone said above if you don't like what they are saying, then go create your own group, since the consesus seems to be that you all agree with the principle but not the implementation.

I do think they are right to put pressure on Ashley to increase the speed of the sale, as I've said before selling up well before January is vital for the club, otherwise we'll see another wasted window which could lead to relegation.  But he's trying to sell, you cry, how do we know he's not close to finalising ? Well I'll counter that by saying how the hell do we know he's anywhere near getting the price he wants for the club ? We don't know either.  We don't even know for sure if he's really serious about selling or if he won't except anything other than a ridiculous price for the club. So I agree with them that they need to keep up the pressure.

What I would do though is to get someone in to sort out the verbage they use, outside of the boycotting of sponsors and personal attacks on Ashley,  their sentiments are correct IMO. They do need to drop the Ashley hate campaign, it's getting a little tedious and will make things much more difficult if and most probably when Ashley tells us all that he couldn't find a suitable buyer and we are stuck with him. They should be concerntrating on the structure, on the club's lack of communication with the fans, on wishing JK all the luck in the world despite the current events letting the squad know that as supporters we are still 100% behind them, getting some positive PR out about the fans to repair the damage we have suffered once again and on the future direction for the club.

The thing is, it is extremely difficult to speak with one voice when we as fans have so many different opinions, whatever they say will not go down well with everyone but I think an organised group that attempts to put united (pardon the pun) front is the way to go.

Guest Geordiesned

I can only guess that the self appointed committee have had another secret meeting.

That's one of the main things that pisses me off about them. If you dare question or object to one of their statements you're told "well why don't you go to the next meeting then?".

Well there seems to be plenty of misguided statements coming out from them and I haven't seen any meeting advertised since the first one so how exactly is anyone supposed to attend one to express their views?

I assume everyone who paid their £10 was consulted about the statement?

Has anyone paid? If so, can you confirm the above?

To be honest I didn't even know they were after £10 membership. I signed up via their website when they were first set up but have had no emails from them informing me it would be £10 to join up. I've got no problem with a membership fee being involved just had no contact from them since apparently signing up. (or so I thought)

I have to say I'm a little disappointed by the the constant attacks on Ashley by name, their statements do come over pretty poorly.

Having said that, I fully support their willingness to get off their arses and try to do something about this crisis, which is something most of the poster here complaining about what they said would never do in a million years. Like someone said above if you don't like what they are saying, then go create your own group, since the consesus seems to be that you all agree with the principle but not the implementation.

I do think they are right to put pressure on Ashley to increase the speed of the sale, as I've said before selling up well before January is vital for the club, otherwise we'll see another wasted window which could lead to relegation.  But he's trying to sell, you cry, how do we know he's not close to finalising ? Well I'll counter that by saying how the hell do we know he's anywhere near getting the price he wants for the club ? We don't know either.  We don't even know for sure if he's really serious about selling or if he won't except anything other than a ridiculous price for the club. So I agree with them that they need to keep up the pressure.

What I would do though is to get someone in to sort of the verbage they use, outside of the boycotting of sponsors and personal attacks on Ashley,  their sentiments are correct IMO. They do need to drop the Ashley hate campaign, it's getting a little tedious and will make things much more difficult if and most probably when Ashley tells us all that he couldn't find a suitable buyer and we are stuck with him. They should be concerntrating on the structure, on the club's lack of communication with the fans, on wishing JK all the luck in the world despite the current events letting the squad know that as supporters we are still 100% behind them, getting some positive PR out about the fans to repair the damage we have suffered once again and on the future direction for the club.

The thing is, it is extremely difficult to speak with one voice when we as fans have so many different opinions, whatever they say will not go down well with everyone but I think an organised group that attempts to put united (pardon the pun) front is the way to go.

at last! a voice of reason. I like your suggestions on how the supporters club can move forward with their campaign, and I hope someone on the committee will read your post and learn a thing or two from it

Having said that, I fully support their willingness to get off their arses and try to do something about this crisis, which is something most of the poster here complaining about what they said would never do in a million years. Like someone said above if you don't like what they are saying, then go create your own group, since the consesus seems to be that you all agree with the principle but not the implementation.

What I would do though is to get someone in to sort of the verbage they use, outside of the boycotting of sponsors and personal attacks on Ashley,  their sentiments are correct IMO. They do need to drop the Ashley hate campaign, it's getting a little tedious and will make things much more difficult if and most probably when Ashley tells us all that he couldn't find a suitable buyer and we are stuck with him. They should be concerntrating on the structure, on the club's lack of communication with the fans, on wishing JK all the luck in the world despite the current events letting the squad know that as supporters we are still 100% behind them, getting some positive PR out about the fans to repair the damage we have suffered once again and on the future direction for the club.

Aren't Seymour Pierce handling the sale? They are supposedly a reputable company and I doubt they'd be conducting negotiations if the price was set stupidly high.

Aren't Seymour Pierce handling the sale? They are supposedly a reputable company and I doubt they'd be conducting negotiations if the price was set stupidly high.

If they are getting a fee for their services I doubt they will turn down the business even if they think the price of the club is too high. The economy is in the toilet remember, in that situation when someone comes knocking on your door, you don't want to turn them away.

The point that you missed though was that we don't know either is true, we are not privvy to the bidding process and what stage they are at, how realistic the bidders are or how far/close they are to the figure Ashley wants. As a supporters group they therefore need to ensure that the owenrship is aware that they believe it's in the best interests of the club to resolve this issue fast, I don't see any problem with them stating this point, again it's their verbage more than anything they are actually inferring.

Why would Ashley et al not want to resolve it fast?

What is more of a factor for Ashley speed or getting the right price on the deal ? I think on quick look at his dealings in the past will tell you the answer to that.

Speed is not a factor in this for him, nor is finding the right buyer bullshit, the only factor for him is the price and that the money is clean.

Speed is not a factor in this for him, nor is finding the right buyer bullshit, the only factor for him is the price and that the money is clean.

OK, if you're going to present your beliefs as fact, provide proof.

Turn up at the Irish club every night and hope you've struck lucky, it's about the only way.

OK I should have put the IMO in front of that. The guy's a hard nosed business man and to be honest I'm not critical of the stance at all, I would be looking for exactly the same thing if I were in his position. It's like when you sell an item you are looking for the best deal you can get, speed does matter unless you have a pressing need for money and to the best of my knowledge I don't think Ashley is, you don't care if the item goes to a good home, you just want whats best for you.

OK I should have put the IMO in front of that. The guy's a hard nosed business man and to be honest I'm not critical of the stance at all, I would be looking for exactly the same thing if I were in his position. It's like when you sell an item you are looking for the best deal you can get, speed does matter unless you have a pressing need for money and to the best of my knowledge I don't think Ashley is, you don't care if the item goes to a good home, you just want whats best for you.

If he;s such a hard nosed businessman surely theres a good reason why he's selling at possibly the worst time for him and the club AND for potential investors?

If he;s such a hard nosed businessman surely theres a good reason why he's selling at possibly the worst time for him and the club AND for potential investors?

Because he knows he's not wanted and is practically being forced out?

Because he knows he's not wanted and is practically being forced out?

Not what i'd call hard nosed, and if he's not being hard nosed then what is he being?

I'm not sure it is such a bad time, the club is an attractive proposition, he's looking to make 50 Mill profit apparently. Again he's not going to sell unless he gets the right price (for Role model, IMO), so if someone doesn't stump up the cash, he'll not sell simple as that.

Recession really hasn't hit the PL teams yet, if the falling attendances continue and have a knock on effect with TV revenue, then yes there will be recession, Ashley could well see this as the Top of the market right now.

http://static.flickr.com/101/270683365_1d59a78b57_o.jpg

Fifteen pages earlier:

I can see a few divisions occuring a la The Judean People's Front, The Peoples' Front of Judea, the Judean Popular People's Front and the Popular Front of Judea

So NUSC are attacking our own players by name now as well?  Oh yes, they clearly have the best interests of the club at heart.

Having one voice to represent the fans is a great idea.  It's just a shame that voice belongs to someone that has recently had a severe head injury.

So NUSC are attacking our own players by name now as well?  Oh yes, they clearly have the best interests of the club at heart.

Having one voice to represent the fans is a great idea.  It's just a shame that voice belongs to someone that has recently had a severe head injury.

I think that's what's pissed me off the most. Making like they have a f***ing clue about the ins and outs of transfers, and the kind of player 5M brings you these days, they drop a poor youngster's name out of their creamy sphincters who you can guarantee will now be a marked man and a target for criticism every time he plays and doesn't score a hattrick. The people can't see Wise or Ashley to hurl abuse at them, so will unfortunately end up directing boos at Xisco subconsciously.

I'm not sure it is such a bad time, the club is an attractive proposition, he's looking to make 50 Mill profit apparently. Again he's not going to sell unless he gets the right price (for Role model, IMO), so if someone doesn't stump up the cash, he'll not sell simple as that.

Recession really hasn't hit the PL teams yet, if the falling attendances continue and have a knock on effect with TV revenue, then yes there will be recession, Ashley could well see this as the Top of the market right now.

You make it sound like he's choosing the best time to sell, when in fact the militia fans are doing the forcing. Had they not protested so much - do yout hink he would of sold? If not - any imtimation thats he's being manipulative hard nosed etc is moot.

Back onto the non point though - how investable do you think a club is when its fans foce the last owner out - with no manager at the helm club in dissaray and no transfer window in sight for another 3 months to rectify some potential problems - all whilst close to bottom of the league.

Fifteen pages earlier:

I can see a few divisions occuring a la The Judean People's Front, The Peoples' Front of Judea, the Judean Popular People's Front and the Popular Front of Judea

I had already thought of the similarity way before you post son, so ner...

You make it sound like he's choosing the best time to sell, when in fact the militia fans are doing the forcing. Had they not protested so much - do yout hink he would of sold? If not - any imtimation thats he's being manipulative hard nosed etc is moot.

Back onto the non point though - how investable do you think a club is when its fans foce the last owner out - with no manager at the helm club in dissaray and no transfer window in sight for another 3 months to rectify some potential problems - all whilst close to bottom of the league.

You were the one bringing up why a hard nosed business man would sell at this point in time, I'm just making the point that's it could easily be considered a great time to sell. Whether that's by accident or planned I'm not no so sure. I doubt in a years time the club will be worth any more, he's just taken in 3 years worth of season tickets a a big chunk of TV money.

At the end of the day motivation for buying the club is two fold:

a) The large supporter base should ensure revenue streams, a lot of potential owners will think we can make money of that one, actually I'm sure MA had that in his head when he started out. The club of course is now largely debt free, the wage bill has been reduced and there is potential to further reduces should they wish, ie, selling Owen, not taking up option on Viduka. From a financial point of view it's very appealing.

b) Exposure, who had heard of Mike Ashley before he took over ? I don't think that many, whether it was intentional or not Ashley's profile has been raised considerably during his ownership of NUFC. Some groups are after exposure, such as the nigerians and south africans.