Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lets forget about those players in and out whom we managed to obtain/sell at very decent prices.

Or the gaping holes in the squad. Or not backing the manager's judgement. Or lying to the fans.

See, you almost say it like this is the first and only time ever that this has happened. You're also not acknowledging Keegans role in us not signing players...or his porkie pies.

Lets forget about those players in and out whom we managed to obtain/sell at very decent prices.

Or the gaping holes in the squad. Or not backing the manager's judgement. Or lying to the fans.

Keegan ;)

He was round mine last night for a cup of coffee. Top bloke. A bit like Marco Van Basten.

...but more of a liar?

"For general queries please use

[email protected]"

There you go. Anyone with queries contact them there.

It would be nice to let us know when you have, so we can see how many people can be bothered to get off their arses like the people who formed NUSC did.

Will also be interesting to see how many actually get replies.

You're right, it will

It will also be interesting to see how many people contact them in the first place.

Right, just e mailed them.  I'll let you know.

If you don't mind asking - what was your query about?

If you do, that's fine.

I'll post my query & their reply on here when I get it, no bother at all.

I wouldn't want my e mail being answered just because it had appeared on here, if you know what I mean?  I'm not saying at all that that would be the case, but I'd rather wait and see.

FWIW I do think I'll get one.

Well done Liam, glad you've done something about it.

There just seem a lot of people on here who jump on anything that happens and turn it into a negative. This is there chance to prove how much it means to them.

I also agree with the 2/3 posts above, they have done some things badly and they are definitely some of them.

Early days I know, but no reply as yet.

Guest Brummiemag

Yes I think that generally NUSC represent my views as a supporter and many of my friends I attend matches with. The objectives as stated on the NUSC website are sound and in my opinion hard to disagree with.

Its easy to sit behind a computer screen making critical comments, but at least NUSC is a well intentioned attempt to actually do something and try and change things for the better. 

Guest Howaythetoon

Would we be better off today if we had accepted Keegan walking out and allowed Ashley to find a suitable replacement as manager than where we find ourselves today?

Or how about...

Would we be better off today if Ashley accepted that Keegan needs to be in charge of buying and selling?

After all, he was the manager and in light of the failure to sufficiently strengthen the squad, I do believe putting the selling and buying of players into the hands of others has been a catastophic mistake in terms of the first-team, never mind the impact it has had on losing the manager.

I say that because even if we did accept KK's resignation and Ashley got in a new manager, that new manager would still be working with an understrength squad which on top of the fall-out from KK going (even if we did accept it, people would still be upset - fans and players), would make any new manager's job doubly hard from the get go, therefore increasing the prospect of failing.

To answer your question my own opinion would be no, not really.

No manager worth their salt would touch us knowing the previous manager was undermined and not fully supported. Forget names like Zico and Deschamps - they were just rumours and there is no guarantee even names like that would succeed anyway given how tough a job this is even in normal circumstances. Accepting KK's resignation may have allowed Ashley to bring in someone new to replace KK but I don't believe for one minute that someone would be a quality appointment or the right man for the job.

Furthermore that appointment would still have been constrained by the failing system which is the key and critical weakness of the whole club under Ashley. A new manager would have papered the cracks that is all.

While I'm not happy it has come to this I'd rather know that the manager was being undermined than let it go on behind the scenes in secret not knowing, because that kind of thing will blow up at some point. If it wasn't KK or today, it would have been with another manager another day.

It unfolding now in the way it has brought out the truth which is that Ashley and co are not the right people for Newcastle United and I'm grateful for that (small mercies and all that) if not exactly over the moon about it all.

If Ashley was the right owner for this club the question I have posed at the top of this post would have been resolved or wouldn't have been an issue. KK would still be our manager and we'd be progressing rather than stuck in this self created mangled mess we are in now.

We as fans can only accept what our hearts tell us, our job is to lend our myriad of emotions to the club we follow which the game of football suck from us like blood and would die if we didn't turn up with our hearts on our sleeves. It is too much and wrong to ask fans to be cold hearted and business like which accepting KK resigning and allowing Ashley and co total immunity from any blame, criticism or whatever, would be.

It isn't our fault things have turned out like they have, we responded like we are meant to or rather the way we are built to as emotional beings. You can't criticise fans for, well, being fans surely?

What did people expect from fans when this all blew up? To go "OK then, bye Kev - on with your duties Mike"?

If we were cold hearted and businesslike we wouldn't be fans.

It is the fault of Ashley and co this whole mess and they have responded to it very badly indeed.

Regardless of the scenario you create, the outcome always points to Newcastle United in turmoil.

We are now placed in a position where we can only hope for the best because this must be the most uncertain time in the club's history. I don't know about you but what is around the corner scares the fuck out of me, especially the way football as a whole is going never mind just our club.

If only we could rewind back to the day we reappointed KK and give him what all managers need, full control and support. If that happened this whole discussion wouldn't be an issue and we'd most probably be higher up the table looking to a healthy future.

That is the true question that needs asked and answered and not the one you posed Chez.

It isn't our fault things have turned out like they have, we responded like we are meant to or rather the way we are built to as emotional beings

I'm sorry. What? You dont have to be a sodding robot to look at the wider picture. As for the rest, the idea tha the manager is the be all and end of the club is just, well, mad.

Guest Howaythetoon

It isn't our fault things have turned out like they have, we responded like we are meant to or rather the way we are built to as emotional beings

I'm sorry. What? You dont have to be a sodding robot to look at the wider picture. As for the rest, the idea tha the manager is the be all and end of the club is just, well, mad.

When there is no logic, no reason and no damn communication people will often go with their gut instincts and I think since KK walked, those instincts have been proved right by the complete balls up of a salvage operation Ashley and Co have attempted since then. I say attempted they've actually done nowt but release a few daft statements and forced by unhappy players to put Chris Hughton out of his misery and bring in an interim manager.

It is perfectly logical for fans to react they way they did even if you don't agree with it which oddly enough I didn't myself (the protests and stuff). I understood the reaction though and considered fans perfectly entitled in the face of zero communication and the whole pointlessness of it all to react the way they did which is something believe it or not that fans, certainly at Newcastle, have done over and over again when things have happened they don't like or agree with.

"Sack the board" predates trees.

Guest Howaythetoon

Oh and what was the wider picture on the day KK left? Or even now? Enlighten us!

What attitude should a group representing the best interests of supporters take if Ashley can not sell the club?

He could sell it for less than its value to an unscrupulous buyer? As i've said before, if you're interested, you dont wait for a firesale.

Guest Howaythetoon

Even if it IS "all Ashley's fault", the assertion does not help us even one tiny little bit with the question:

What attitude should a group representing the best interests of supporters take if Ashley can not sell the club?

That would depend on Ashley's own response to not being able to sell the club I suppose. Will he withdraw the up for sale sign altogether or would he try again in the near future? If he can't, I personally feel he has to replace Wise and co to restore some form of confidence in the management of the club, appoint a full-time manager and give that manager full control. That's what I'd hope for because Ashley himself nor Wise and co can remain in active control or management of the club otherwise the lads would be playing to a half empty stadium and for Ashley the chance of recouping his money would be an even longer shot.

He could sell it for less than its value to an unscrupulous buyer? As i've said before, if you're interested, you dont wait for a firesale.

Yeah, he could do that, in which case my question would be irrelevant.

Even if it IS "all Ashley's fault", the assertion does not help us even one tiny little bit with the question:

That would depend on Ashley's own response to not being able to sell the club I suppose. Will he withdraw the up for sale sign altogether or would he try again in the near future? If he can't, I personally feel he has to replace Wise and co to restore some form of confidence in the management of the club, appoint a full-time manager and give that manager full control. That's what I'd hope for because Ashley himself nor Wise and co can remain in active control or management of the club otherwise the lads would be playing to a half empty stadium and for Ashley the chance of recouping his money would be an even longer shot.

You're still putting it all on Ashley.

I'm trying, God help me, to get a sensible discussion going about what WE should do.

I'm trying, God help me, to get a sensible discussion going about what WE should do.

Turn up to the games & support the team.

When there is no logic, no reason and no damn communication people will often go with their gut instincts and I think since KK walked, those instincts have been proved right by the complete balls up of a salvage operation Ashley and Co have attempted since then. I say attempted they've actually done nowt but release a few daft statements and forced by unhappy players to put Chris Hughton out of his misery and bring in an interim manager.

It is perfectly logical for fans to react they way they did even if you don't agree with it which oddly enough I didn't myself (the protests and stuff). I understood the reaction though and considered fans perfectly entitled in the face of zero communication and the whole pointlessness of it all to react the way they did which is something believe it or not that fans, certainly at Newcastle, have done over and over again when things have happened they don't like or agree with.

Well I do have a problem with people getting emotional to any degree that I feels damages the club. I'm not like you. You hated bellamy, you got emotional, same with Robert. Any quotes you jumped on and condemned them for it. I don't condemn so readily, I took what they said as not an attack but as pretty fair observations from players who took massive amounts of joy from of scoring for the club, or at least a damn sight more that some of the hard working passionless cunts some people seem to crave. Players that I love watching (not just strikers, I still bang on about woodgate who I got fucking joy out of his time here and have great hope that Collocini can maybe do something similar). I gave Ashley the same, I saw good things there. Not perfect but I hoped the relationship with the club would grow. Keegan walked. A massive fuckup but god knows what went on, and he got crucified. Maybe he didnt have the belly for the abuse, but then I'm not sure anyone who wasn't here purely to make money would have, he was demonised and had to go.

I'm pissed off, and I'm sick that groups like NUSC are representing me, saying that we're willing to boycott the club and it's sponsors, and wish/demand to speak to possible owners purely to presumably warn them not to cross the emotional bullshit and employ a KK or Shearer or we'll walk. It fucking sickens me.

I'm pissed off, and I'm sick that groups like NUSC are representing me, saying that we're willing to boycott the club and it's sponsors, and wish/demand to speak to possible owners purely to warn them presumably not to cross the emotional bullshit and employ a KK or Shearer or we'll walk. It f***ing sickens me.

I am pissed off at people thinking that NUSC represents them it, strangely it represents Newcastle United Supporters Club. Are you in the club? I am guessing no here, so it doesn't represent you.

I'm sorry HTT but I'm not having that. You have got to be taking the piss in all honesty. The only person who has actually got on with keeping the club alive is Ashley. He didn't walk away like Keegan and put in a compensation claim while the club burned. He didn't leave Hughton floundering in the storm while trying to sell the club, he tried to get Venables and when that fell through still managed to bring in a manager to work on a short term contract. Kinnear might have caused a few sneers but at least Ashley provided a solution rather than carp from the sidelines which is all the NUSC are capable of so far.

Guest Howaythetoon

I myself will do what I've tried to do throughout all this - go and cheer on the lads. I don't know about others. Why not ask NUSC directly? I'll say this, a big number not joined at the hip to NUSC will react with or without any cheerleading or prompting from NUSC.

Well I do have a problem with people getting emotional to any degree that I feels damages the club. I'm not like you. You hated bellamy, you got emotional, same with Robert. Any quotes you jumped on and condemned them for it. I don't condemn so readily, I took what they said as not an attack but as pretty fair observations from players who took massive amounts of joy from of scoring for the club, or at least a damn sight more that some of the hard working passionless cunts some people seem to crave. Players that I love watching (not just strikers, I still bang on about woodgate who I got fucking joy out of his time here and have great hope that Collocini can maybe do something similar). I gave Ashley the same, I saw good things there. Not perfect but I hoped the relationship with the club would grow. Keegan walked. A massive fuckup but god knows what went on, and he got crucified. Maybe he didnt have the belly for the abuse, but then I'm not sure anyone who wasn't here purely to make money would have, he was demonised and had to go.

I'm pissed off, and I'm sick that groups like NUSC are representing me, saying that we're willing to boycott the club and it's sponsors, and wish/demand to speak to possible owners purely to presumably warn them not to cross the emotional bullshit and employ a KK or Shearer or we'll walk. It fucking sickens me.

I couldn't have put it better myself. :clap:

Would we be better off today if we had accepted Keegan walking out and allowed Ashley to find a suitable replacement as manager than where we find ourselves today?

Or

If only we could rewind back to the day we reappointed KK and give him what all managers need, full control and support. If that happened this whole discussion wouldn't be an issue and we'd most probably be higher up the table looking to a healthy future.

That is the true question that needs asked and answered and not the one you posed Chez.

A few things. First of all dont confuse being able to analyse the situation with my head with a lack of passion. I've adored this club for longer than you've been alive and my passion runs as deep as yours. On several occasions in the last year you've highlighted the detached nature of what i have said and i've let it ride. I'm as done in by this situation as any of us are and just because i can think before i post doesnt mean i'm "coldhearted and businesslike". Just wanted to clear that one up.

Secondly, the question was to check the direction this is all going in. I asked a question but i didnt specify what i thought as its obvious where we are now is fucked and it didnt have to be. The faith you have that other owners will be better is laughably ironic to me too, as thats the same faith you had when Shepherd was here.  :lol:

Anyway, the bit i've quoted i agree with and its the most important one, as you said. The answer is yes, as we all could see the direction was there at the beginning of the season in football terms. :(

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm sorry HTT but I'm not having that. You have got to be taking the piss in all honesty. The only person who has actually got on with keeping the club alive is Ashley. He didn't walk away like Keegan and put in a compensation claim while the club burned. He didn't leave Hughton floundering in the storm while trying to sell the club, he tried to get Venables and when that fell through still managed to bring in a manager to work on a short term contract. Kinnear might have caused a few sneers but at least Ashley provided a solution rather than carp from the sidelines which is all the NUSC are capable of so far.

All belatedly forced on him by his own inaction to start with. By showing no support or confidence in his manager or to intervene he has effectively allowed this all to happen so pardon me when I don't thank him for appointing an interim manager, a decision that was only brought about because of some players kicking off anyway.

I'm pissed off, and I'm sick that groups like NUSC are representing me, saying that we're willing to boycott the club and it's sponsors, and wish/demand to speak to possible owners purely to warn them presumably not to cross the emotional bullshit and employ a KK or Shearer or we'll walk. It f***ing sickens me.

I am pissed off at people thinking that NUSC represents them it, strangely it represents Newcastle United Supporters Club. Are you in the club? I am guessing no here, so it doesn't represent you.

As 'the voice of Newcastle United Supporters' of course I feel they represent me. I have no choice in the fucking matter. They are the go to boys for the national media.

Christ, there latest bullshit press release is just as heartening as the rest...

"Newcastle United Supporters Club today welcomes the departure of Vice President (Player Recruitment) Tony Jimenez from NUFC with an air of cautious optimism.

As one of the key antagonists behind the recent traumatic events at NUFC that have led directly to the club’s current instability, we believe that Mr. Jimenez’ continued employment at the club had long since become untenable.

With the club currently up for sale it seemed increasingly obvious that Mr. Jimenez’ role at NUFC was effectively redundant and we are pleased, therefore, that he is no longer on the club’s payroll.

The committee of NUSC would like to express our cautious optimism at today’s announcement and our hope that it can act as a precursor to the departures of other undesirable elements of the board followed by a quick sale of the club to a party who has the club’s best interests at heart.

The departure of Mr. Jimenez must not, however, be used as a smokescreen, nor must his departure be a sacrifice that allows the current regime to maintain their hold on Newcastle United Football Club."

Fuck off you miserable cunts.

He didn't walk away like Keegan and put in a compensation claim while the club burned.

Spot on. He did put the club for sale ASAP & is looking for a quick sale but not a fire sale. He couldn't walk away could he but  Mort left, Steve Hayward left & now TJ has left. All his top brass is bailed out, Lambrini will be sit tight until the sale is done.

As 'the voice of Newcastle United Supporters' of course I feel they represent me. I have no choice in the f***ing matter. They are the go to boys for the national media.

Nice to see you missed Club off  :thup:

It is like saying the British National Party represent everyone who is a British National.