Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The poll results so far are interesting, but I've noticed on this Board that the initial anti-Ashley reaction has died down, and a lot of people are now prepared to see both sides.

I do wonder though whether the general mood locally is still much more hostile than this particular Board reflects. Can those from the North East comment on this?

Around the NE I speak to a lot of supporters who I think will subscribe to the popular press view that Ashley and Wise are the axis of evil and should be hounded out but I'm surprised how many are sympathetic to Ashley and think he would have meant progress.

Most of these people are long time fans, getting on (mainly 40+) and attend matches.

The degree of hostility seems to be much higher in the press and among the small NUSC mob than it is at street level, notwithstanding the staged for TV protests by charvers (most of whom never enter SJP) in the wake of Keegans walkout.

I'd be interested to know who these people are. I dont; think too many of a sub 20,000 [which is what I would class as long term fans] will genuinely feel that Ashley was on course to emulate the most eureopean qualifications bar 4 other clubs, when they have experience of the utter shite that passed for most of the previous 30 years.

In short, thats a load of crap.

The poll results so far are interesting, but I've noticed on this Board that the initial anti-Ashley reaction has died down, and a lot of people are now prepared to see both sides.

I do wonder though whether the general mood locally is still much more hostile than this particular Board reflects. Can those from the North East comment on this?

Around the NE I speak to a lot of supporters who I think will subscribe to the popular press view that Ashley and Wise are the axis of evil and should be hounded out but I'm surprised how many are sympathetic to Ashley and think he would have meant progress.

Most of these people are long time fans, getting on (mainly 40+) and attend matches.

The degree of hostility seems to be much higher in the press and among the small NUSC mob than it is at street level, notwithstanding the staged for TV protests by charvers (most of whom never enter SJP) in the wake of Keegans walkout.

I was asking because I do think that the best hope for the club is for Joe Kinnear to make a success of his interim spell (which I think is entirely possible) and for the hostile mood to die down sufficiently to encourage Ashley to stay on. It seems that he'll have genuine difficulty in selling at the present time anyway.

Perhaps that's all a folorn hope, because Ashley is probably thoroughly pissed off. He doesn't want to be a nominal owner. He wanted to sit in the stands and have a drink in the town afterwards, and that experience is probably closed to him now.

I'd be interested to know who these people are. I dont; think too many of a sub 20,000 [which is what I would class as long term fans] will genuinely feel that Ashley was on course to emulate the most eureopean qualifications bar 4 other clubs, when they have experience of the utter s**** that passed for most of the previous 30 years.

Look mate just sick to your repeated insane rants about Freddie & Co and let me relate what I hear when I talk to fellow NUFC supporters I know.  FFS now you think you know what my mates are saying better than I do !!

Please notice that what I said was that most of the people I speak to (aged 40+) said Ashley's way would have meant PROGRESS, not INSTANT success which you seem to think is the only yardstick by which to judge anyone in comparison to Freddie's "glory days".

If you still can't believe that take a look at the results of the poll above. At present 83% disagree with NUSC - which is a single agenda pressure group i.e. "Ashley and the "cockney" mafia out". Therefore by implication most of the 83% disagree with that stance. Geddit ?

You really have to raise your level of debating above your belief that everyone who disagrees with you is speaking "a load of crap".

In fact from what I've read on here the opposite is closer to the truth.

I was asking because I do think that the best hope for the club is for Joe Kinnear to make a success of his interim spell (which I think is entirely possible) and for the hostile mood to die down sufficiently to encourage Ashley to stay on. It seems that he'll have genuine difficulty in selling at the present time anyway.

Perhaps that's all a folorn hope, because Ashley is probably thoroughly pissed off. He doesn't want to be a nominal owner. He wanted to sit in the stands and have a drink in the town afterwards, and that experience is probably closed to him now.

If Ashley decides to stay how many season tickets do you honestly think will be sold next summer?

What level will our crowds drop to when more players leave in January?

Is "success" 17th place for you now?

Like many I think the last statement was crass but overall I have no problem with them keeping the pressure up on Ashley - we've seen that "putting the club up for sale" and asking a price which people would pay (without him losing out) are two different things.

If you still can't believe that take a look at the results of the poll above. At present 83% disagree with NUSC - which is a single agenda pressure group i.e. "Ashley and the "cockney" mafia out". Therefore by impication most of the 83% disagree with that stance. Geddit ?

8000 people didn't bother going against Blackburn - I think that speaks more loudly than 83% of a few dozen people on a message board, a lot of whom don't go to matches.

If you still can't believe that take a look at the results of the poll above. At present 83% disagree with NUSC - which is a single agenda pressure group i.e. "Ashley and the "cockney" mafia out". Therefore by impication most of the 83% disagree with that stance. Geddit ?

8000 people didn't bother going against Blackburn - I think that speaks more loudly than 83% of a few dozen people on a message board, a lot of whom don't go to matches.

And 6000 didn't go against Bolton with KK in charge, no pressure groups or boycott and on the back of one of our best results in years. The macums are 10,000 down and Boro the same - are they unhappy with Quinn and Gibson - not really.

Don't read too much into number stats mate, football demographics are impacted by many factors right now and to blame any downturn on a single issue is very misleading. In fact so misleading I'm sure that NUSC will be using it as ammo soon.

And 6000 didn't go against Bolton with KK in charge, no pressure groups or boycott and on the back of one of our best results in years. The macums are 10,000 down and Boro the same - are they unhappy with Quinn and Gibson - not really.

Don't read too much into number stats mate, football demographics are impacted by many factors right now and to blame any downturn on a single very misleading. In fact so misleading I'm sure that NUSC will be using it as ammo soon.

Fair enough there are other factors - which is why Ashley staying in the present climate will only hurt the club as those factors are added to by dissatisfaction imo.

I'd be interested to know who these people are. I dont; think too many of a sub 20,000 [which is what I would class as long term fans] will genuinely feel that Ashley was on course to emulate the most eureopean qualifications bar 4 other clubs, when they have experience of the utter shite that passed for most of the previous 30 years.

Well as Benwell Lad hasn't put any figures on the people who support that view, it's difficult to say it's a load of crap.  I can only comment on my own experiences.

Of the people I know, the vast majority of what I would call casual supporters, that's people who say they support Newcastle but don't attend games or necessarily watch on TV either, blame Ashley and Wise for everything that's happened at the club.  When you discuss it with them further (hey it beats working) then you find that's because that's what they see in the media.

Of the "proper" fans there has been a constant flow of people who have gradually changed their mind on the whole affair.  I'd say it's a fairly even split ATM between those that still want Ashley out and Keegan back, and those that now wish Ashley had been given more time to do things his way.  That's not a scientific study mind, just my observations and it's somewhat complicated by the fact some that want Ashley out but don't want Keegan back and others who still want the two to work together.  Polls on here might even suggest Ashley has more support than that (although IMO that's more of an anti-NUSC vote than a pro-Ashley one).

Now having said that, the majority still seem to want Ashley to leave though because they can't see any stability at the club until that happens.  I guess that's a different argument though.

Guest Slippery Sam

Fickle fans will twist and turn as the weather changes.

I would love to see JFK turn the team's fortunes around (not just for the obvious reasons) so I can see what the message boards' posts look like in a few months time.

On one hand we have the measured, cost effective approach by Ashley that isn't working, and on the other hand we have the Shepherd approach that had us up to our neck in debt yet produced some good results. If only we could have a middle ground. If only KK hadn't thrown the towel in, as things were looking not too bad.

I'd be interested to know who these people are. I dont; think too many of a sub 20,000 [which is what I would class as long term fans] will genuinely feel that Ashley was on course to emulate the most eureopean qualifications bar 4 other clubs, when they have experience of the utter s**** that passed for most of the previous 30 years.

Look mate just sick to your repeated insane rants about Freddie & Co and let me relate what I hear when I talk to fellow NUFC supporters I know.  FFS now you think you know what my mates are saying better than I do !!

Please notice that what I said was that most of the people I speak to (aged 40+) said Ashley's way would have meant PROGRESS, not INSTANT success which you seem to think is the only yardstick by which to judge anyone in comparison to Freddie's "glory days".

If you still can't believe that take a look at the results of the poll above. At present 83% disagree with NUSC - which is a single agenda pressure group i.e. "Ashley and the "cockney" mafia out". Therefore by implication most of the 83% disagree with that stance. Geddit ?

You really have to raise your level of debating above your belief that everyone who disagrees with you is speaking "a load of crap".

in fact, in my experience, most people who are over 40, would not have thought Ashley was "making progress" because they had seen shit owners showing no ambition before. That is the point of what I said. The conclusion being that they were not at all "long term supporters".

I think a poll on a message board is pretty irrelevant to be honest. The decrease in match attendances, apathy and demonstrations is far more representative.

As for a "load of crap", I remember you and others telling me - and a few others - we were talking crap when we told you that Ashley was an amateur and taking the club nowhere.

"For general queries please use

[email protected]"

There you go. Anyone with queries contact them there.

It would be nice to let us know when you have, so we can see how many people can be bothered to get off their arses like the people who formed NUSC did.

Will also be interesting to see how many actually get replies.

You're right, it will

It will also be interesting to see how many people contact them in the first place.

Right, just e mailed them.  I'll let you know.

Any reply yet?

in fact, in my experience, most people who are over 40, would not have thought Ashley was "making progress" because they had seen s*** owners showing no ambition before. That is the point of what I said. The conclusion being that they were not at all "long term supporters".

I think a poll on a message board is pretty irrelevant to be honest. The decrease in match attendances, apathy and demonstrations is far more representative.

As for a "load of crap", I remember you and others telling me - and a few others - we were talking crap when we told you that Ashley was an amateur and taking the club nowhere.

That is just an indication of your arrogance though and not proof of fact, it's the way you are.  Either everybody is seeing things the way you do or they were not around at the time because they hold a different opinion to you and you can't come to terms with that.  I know for a fact that the people I was in the pub with after the Blackburn game were at the match and just about everyone thought different players had played well while others thought the opposite, that was within 20 minutes of the game ending.

I didn’t assume that people who held different opinions had just been sitting around Leazes Park so they could make it look as if they had been to the game.  I assumed that they had formed a different opinion to the one I formed.  I was sitting next to a work mate who was arguing with his mate about the game and they had sat next to each other so should have seen exactly the same thing but they didn't.

in fact, in my experience, most people who are over 40, would not have thought Ashley was "making progress" because they had seen s*** owners showing no ambition before. That is the point of what I said. The conclusion being that they were not at all "long term supporters".

So did you actually see nothing in the Ashley era which gave you any positive thoughts?

This isnt intended to be a new board old board slag fest but this is what i saw that was positive for the club (irrespective of any potential agenda)

- the fact that as a club we no longer owe mass debts to 3rd parties who charge vast amounts of interest. (Stadium paid off?)

- A modern structure (something I see as positive - you wont, thats fair enough)

- Investment and focus on the youth side

- a transfer policy designed to restricted over-spending and paying over the odds without compromising on quality

- attempting to make a reconnection with the community (although i'll admit with whats happened recently this may sound laughable)

- providing a cloak of secrecy around the club and cutting out the poisonous media who have been detri mental  to the club.

- I did see signs that the club were looking to invest with the Woodgate bids and the Modric bids - teniuos becasue of the end results but non the less a good sign in my book.

- They made a positive appointment, it may of turned sour but the bottom line is that they did look to make an ambitious appointment.

- Getting rid of deadwood at the club.

I wouldnt even began to say that everything was perfect and brilliant becasue its hasnt been - mistakes have been made but i did see enough to suggest that they were looking to do good by the club.

Is there nothing here that you can acknowledge as being good for the club?

[email protected]"

It would be nice to let us know when you have, so we can see how many people can be bothered to get off their arses like the people who formed NUSC did.

You're right, it will

It will also be interesting to see how many people contact them in the first place.

Any reply yet?

No, perhaps you have to pay £10 for a reply? ???

[email protected]"

You're right, it will

Any reply yet?

It's only been 4 days I suppose. :lol:

[email protected]"

You're right, it will

Any reply yet?

I decided when I emailed them to give them seven days before forming an opinion.

I would have thought the weekend would have been my best chance of getting a reply though. :no:

Not quite sure how you can stick a lol in there considering theres one person curently replying to emails (its over a weekend) and a backlog of them to get through. I would however say that every email received on the 8th has now been replied to so theres a problem somewhere if you havent received one.

Not quite sure how you can stick a lol in there considering theres one person curently replying to emails (its over a weekend) and a backlog of them to get through. I would however say that every email received on the 8th has now been replied to so theres a problem somewhere if you havent received one.

I didn't know you were battling through it on your own, you should spread the workload around.

Its all in the name.

Calling themselves the 'Newcastle United Supporters Club' implies that it speaks for ALL supporters, I don't have a problem with their demands, as long as they don't do it in my name as a Newcastle United supporter.

If they'd called themselves 'The Ashley Out Club' or similiar then the only thing folk would/could complain about was their aims and not the fact that they pertain to represent everyone.

The Toon Ultras get a load of grief over their name and all they want to do is sing at matches.

Good comparison.

This NUSC malarky doesn't really bother me either way. It's something I think I may look to in the future in order to progress my own thoughts, ideas or opinions. Wouldn't mind seeing it a bit more in depth to make a dcision on it like, but it's not exactly on my high list of priorities.

There's supposedly another meeting sometime this week.  Not sure if its for anyone or just the committee though,  i went to the initial meeting and signed up but wouldn't mind going this week to see what exactly what was/is being said and by who.  i know a few people have been having a few digs at the likes of Biffa and Mick Martin in this thread, i stood with Biffa at the first meeting and he never spoke, just stood and listened and while Mick chaired the initial meeting said he wasn't along with mark from the mag wanting to be the organiser and leader as such,  true faith, the mag and .com were all giving financial support to the initial set up and of course have the necesary vehicles in their websites and fanzines to get the message across.  While Mick may however be on the committee i don't think biffa is(may be wrong) as i know he was at the reserve game when one of the meeetings was on.

There's supposedly another meeting sometime this week.   Not sure if its for anyone or just the committee though,  i went to the initial meeting and signed up but wouldn't mind going this week to see what exactly what was/is being said and by who.  i know a few people have been having a few digs at the likes of Biffa and Mick Martin in this thread, i stood with Biffa at the first meeting and he never spoke, just stood and listened and while Mick chaired the initial meeting said he wasn't along with mark from the mag wanting to be the organiser and leader as such,  true faith, the mag and .com were all giving financial support to the initial set up and of course have the necesary vehicles in their websites and fanzines to get the message across.  While Mick may however be on the committee i don't think biffa is(may be wrong) as i know he was at the reserve game when one of the meeetings was on.

When's the enxt edition of The Mag out, do you know?

There's supposedly another meeting sometime this week.   Not sure if its for anyone or just the committee though,  i went to the initial meeting and signed up but wouldn't mind going this week to see what exactly what was/is being said and by who.  i know a few people have been having a few digs at the likes of Biffa and Mick Martin in this thread, i stood with Biffa at the first meeting and he never spoke, just stood and listened and while Mick chaired the initial meeting said he wasn't along with mark from the mag wanting to be the organiser and leader as such,  true faith, the mag and .com were all giving financial support to the initial set up and of course have the necesary vehicles in their websites and fanzines to get the message across.  While Mick may however be on the committee i don't think biffa is(may be wrong) as i know he was at the reserve game when one of the meeetings was on.

When's the enxt edition of The Mag out, do you know?

not sure, if its not out for the man city game it'll be out for the following home.