Jak Alnwick

Thespence

As poor as he was the team in front of him done an awful job protecting him. Shame that some people (mainly on other social media) are quick to jump on his back rather than point the finger at the man who sent that side out to roll over.

To think we've got a - by all accounts - reasonable keeper out on loan that we can't actually use. But hey, it pacified the mongs in the summer when we signed loadsa loadsa canny playas like.

Two of them we can't use and a third who was never going to be used.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

How ironic. I did make a remark in my last post that he can't come off his line properly and command his area. He'll have to be strong because he has already conceded 9 in 3 games . What a tough learning curve  :lol:

How ironic. I did make a remark in my last post that he can't come off his line properly and command his area. He'll have to be strong because he has already conceded 9 in 3 games . What a tough learning curve  :lol:

2.5 games. He's an awful keeper mind. I live near to Whitley Park and often have a walk along to watch the U21s and I've never been impressed with him. He's well short of what's required to be a Premier League goalkeeper. It's nothing to do with age or experience he simply isn't good enough.

Guest Roger Kint

He's made mistakes in each of the 3 games he has played. Not good enough for this level.

He did the same for Gateshead in two matches that i saw. Never been convinced he was up to this level

Guest Roger Kint

Paul Robinson emergency loan. allegedly deal done before last nights "injury".

Not brilliant but better than what we've got.

'Not brilliant' yet probably still better than our 2nd and 3rd choices when fit even at 35 or whatever he is :lol:

'Not brilliant' yet probably still better than our 2nd and 3rd choices when fit even at 35 or whatever he is :lol:

For sure. Shows how weak we are when Krul is injured which is turning out to be quite frequent.

For sure. Shows how weak we are when Krul is injured which is turning out to be quite frequent.

As anyone with any foresight would have known really.

2.5 games. He's an awful keeper mind. I live near to Whitley Park and often have a walk along to watch the U21s and I've never been impressed with him. He's well short of what's required to be a Premier League goalkeeper. It's nothing to do with age or experience he simply isn't good enough.

In a decade he'll still be youngish for a keeper. At least another third of his life before he enters his prime and he's being written off. It's brainless. Yes he's obviously extremely poor right now, and he will either improve to Football League level or PL level with experience - which is what keeping is all about. None of us have any real basis to make that judgment right now.

Sad to be so down on a young lad trying to do his best for the team, but if he's fit and there's no emergency loan then our chance of winning the derby just went down to zero.  I'd predict we won't win a game with him in goal.

You only had to look at last night.  The first goal he's totally at fault for obviously.  The second one he looks like he still wouldn't have got down to it if it was a foot further inside the post.  The third goal he made the same mistake he made at Arsenal, where he was so desperate to cover his near post, he left the far post and centre of the goal totally open.  That resulted in a completely obvious place for the striker to tap into, which he obliged with.  The fourth goal wasn't great either.  The second one obviously I'm being harsh, but the others, he was utterly hopeless.  The first goal you can put down to an error of nerves and inexperience, but some of the others are just a pure lack of ability.