He's gone down in my estimation.

oldtype

But I simply don't think that we'd ever have seen Dennis Wise picking the matchday squad even if the current regime had persisted.

I'm not talking about him pinning a sheet to the notice board (he'd have to borrow a stepladder anyway) - I'm talking about a scenario where Keegan is told that Valencia want to see Gonzales play as the've had some inquiries about him so they give Keegan a nudge.

If you have a whole set up based on buying cheap and selling high then I don't think I'd trust them not to do that.

As I said I think over the summer and especially at the end they've impose their will on Keegan - fair enough if that's how its supposed to work but then that's Ashley's fault - if the rumours about Wise deliberately humiliating Keegan are true than I don't think an "uneasy" peace would have lasted.

I can see the argument he should have realised it wasn;t going to work and gone in May but as I said we'd be no better off.

You've got to admit that virtually everything we're hearing is rumour.  If that rumour you've mentioned is true then Wise should be the one out of work, not Keegan.  I don't like Wise and never have done but it's just too easy to make something up about him and people will take it in.

I'd love to know where to point the finger but I don't as yet and I'll try to stay neutral until I know one way or the other but I understand people taking sides, even if I don't agree with them.

I love the way Keegan is supposed to put up with whatever intefering crap comes his way and making a stand against it is a massive failure on his part. might be more instructive to look at the sort of interfering crap he had to put up with as the root cause. the situation wouldve blown up sooner or later, keegan thought he could fight it from within while the window was open - he couldnt, so he left. now we have to get on with it and appoint a new boss, except we cant cos ashley wants out at the first sign of trouble.

And it REALLY took until late-night on September 1st before he realised enough was enough?

If you can't see the shit hit the fan from Milner's sale up until that time you really are blind. Broken promises, lack of signings, attempted sales - that's what a deadline does.

Ashley and everyone else have missed the chance to make me change my opinion of Kevin unfortunately.

If Kevin has walked out without any real reason, and purely because of a childish hissy fit, the club could have belittled him to hell and back. Their silence on the whole matter makes me suspiscous of them

But I simply don't think that we'd ever have seen Dennis Wise picking the matchday squad even if the current regime had persisted.

I'm not talking about him pinning a sheet to the notice board (he'd have to borrow a stepladder anyway) - I'm talking about a scenario where Keegan is told that Valencia want to see Gonzales play as the've had some inquiries about him so they give Keegan a nudge.

If you have a whole set up based on buying cheap and selling high then I don't think I'd trust them not to do that.

Again, that sort of thing would be catastrophic but it didn't happen so we can't base arguments on that.

I don't think it's entirely correct to catagorize Ashley's system as "buying cheap and selling high" either. Although I'd rather not get into this argument.

I love the way Keegan is supposed to put up with whatever intefering crap comes his way and making a stand against it is a massive failure on his part. might be more instructive to look at the sort of interfering crap he had to put up with as the root cause. the situation wouldve blown up sooner or later, keegan thought he could fight it from within while the window was open - he couldnt, so he left. now we have to get on with it and appoint a new boss, except we cant cos ashley wants out at the first sign of trouble.

And it REALLY took until late-night on September 1st before he realised enough was enough?

i think ive addressed that in my previous two posts. it's no coincidence that things came to a head as the transfer window closed.

And he had enough time between that point, and walking out the next morning, to talk to Ashley and tell him what he thought about it all did he? If he'd walked around about the 5th-6th September, fair enough. But he didn't even wait for Ashley to be back in the country to talk things over before he walked.

To be honest, those talks that Keegan & Ashley had in London last week should have been the first time Keegan even spoke about the word "resignation".

As I said I think over the summer and especially at the end they've impose their will on Keegan - fair enough if that's how its supposed to work but then that's Ashley's fault - if the rumours about Wise deliberately humiliating Keegan are true than I don't think an "uneasy" peace would have lasted.

I can see the argument he should have realised it wasn;t going to work and gone in May but as I said we'd be no better off.

You've got to admit that virtually everything we're hearing is rumour.  If that rumour you've mentioned is true then Wise should be the one out of work, not Keegan.  I don't like Wise and never have done but it's just too easy to make something up about him and people will take it in.

I'd love to know where to point the finger but I don't as yet and I'll try to stay neutral until I know one way or the other but I understand people taking sides, even if I don't agree with them.

This the core point though - sometimes you have to wade through the shit and trust your instinct - I think Kevin Keegan deserves more than some people in this thread are prepared to give him.

Guest Howaythetoon

The fact that they tried to smear his name via the media with reports of wanting Lampard and players like that should tell you everything you need to know, or at least make you suspicious.

I don't think it's entirely correct to catagorize Ashley's system as "buying cheap and selling high" either. Although I'd rather not get into this argument.

That's what he's done all his life and that's exactly what he's trying to do with the club itself now.

i think ive addressed that in my previous two posts. it's no coincidence that things came to a head as the transfer window closed.

And he had enough time between that point, and walking out the next morning, to talk to Ashley and tell him what he thought about it all did he? If he'd walked around about the 5th-6th September, fair enough. But he didn't even wait for Ashley to be back in the country to talk things over before he walked.

To be honest, those talks that Keegan & Ashley had in London last week should have been the first time Keegan even spoke about the word "resignation".

apparently llambias told him he was sacked and then acted like an arse towards him during subsequent negotiations. seems like the working relationship was simply untenable.

Guest Howaythetoon

Also the fact that KK went to the LMA his union for guidance is also telling. To resign is the biggest factor though which for me proves KK's innocence in all this as he's walked away from his job and with it his livelihood, and it could even cost him 2m. I actually think people know all this and are pissed because any new manager wont be able to make new signings as the window is shut, thats what this is really all about.

Guest Howaythetoon

That's what he's done all his life and that's exactly what he's trying to do with the club itself now.

Like season tickets, stack em high (3 years worth) sell them cheap (make savings by buying for 3 years)

Also the fact that KK went to the LMA his union for guidance is also telling. To resign is the biggest factor though which for me proves KK's innocence in all this as he's walked away from his job and with it his livelihood, and it could even cost him 2m. I actually think people know all this and are pissed because any new manager wont be able to make new signings as the window is shut, thats what this is really all about.

Nope. It's about us losing the one man capable of getting a decent squad playing football, like he was doing, even without signing his own players. Now, we have no chance because no-one will come in this current situation.

If you can't see the s*** hit the fan from Milner's sale up until that time you really are blind. Broken promises, lack of signings, attempted sales - that's what a deadline does.

I may of got this completely wrong but straight after the milner sale there was that video interview/press conference about it and he there was no inkling of any  issues reagrading the sale of Milner  that seemed to be bubbling under the surface - in fact alot of this board were jizzing themselves at the prospect of "3-4 signings" that may be coming in. It was that video where he confirm that that Zayatte or whatever his name was was on trial with us.....

Guest Howaythetoon

Nope. It's about us losing the one man capable of getting a decent squad playing football, like he was doing, even without signing his own players. Now, we have no chance because no-one will come in this current situation.

Not his fault. I'll ask again, so he decided to say f*** it and put up with the lies, the incompetence, the undermining, and stayed, what difference? The undermining would still be there, so too the lies and incompetence. When I said this is went beyond KK I meant it. So had he stayed and braved it out, we'd have probably beaten Hull and maybe fared better against West Ham but it would soon unravel itself anyway, what we are getting is the crash now rather than later. There is no good time to have a crash. The crash was coming like it or not had he stayed or had he walked, because those running the club were undermining him, are liars and have the wrong intentions for the club. KK just exposed it earlier in typical fashion.

The fact that they tried to smear his name via the media with reports of wanting Lampard and players like that should tell you everything you need to know, or at least make you suspicious.

Dont hear many denials though....seems like a strange smear if it wasnt true....as despicable as the smear was something about it rings true with me, it just seemed far too specific.

Yes, he waited to see how transfer deadline day panned out.

If you can't see the s*** hit the fan from Milner's sale up until that time you really are blind. Broken promises, lack of signings, attempted sales - that's what a deadline does.

I may of got this completely wrong but straight after the milner sale there was that video interview/press conference about it and he there was no inkling of any  issues reagrading the sale of Milner  that seemed to be bubbling under the surface - in fact alot of this board were jizzing themselves at the prospect of "3-4 signings" that may be coming in. It was that video where he confirm that that Zayatte or whatever his name was was on trial with us.....

Aye but the idea is that KK was told that the Milner sale could be positive thing as it would trigger 3or 4 signings.

Now:

A. They should have been looking for at least 3or 4 signings ANYWAY.

B. They didn't happen and instead two "panic" buys were made.

This is pretty central though I still think its the attempted sales which was more crucial.

Dont hear many denials though....seems like a strange smear if it wasnt true....as despicable as the smear was something about it rings true with me, it just seemed far too specific.

You dont respect Keegan for not wanting to get into a childish mud-slinging match through the press ?

Two ways of looking at it. I prefer to assume Keegan wouldnt lower himself to such levels.

Guest Howaythetoon

KK was never going to go tit for tat, the very fact he's kept quiet and been civil in all of this while the other lot have resorted to smear campaigns and fob stories doesn't paint KK in bad light, just themselves. KK would be a mug to respond to clear and utter s****. Anyone believing he was after Lampard et al wanna buy a winning lottery ticket off me? :lol:

Wake up FFS.

Guest Howaythetoon

Yes, he waited to see how transfer deadline day panned out.

The Milner sale was the final straw.

They expanded on something he said when naming his dream signing as Henry. I would also not have been surprised if he'd said "Man City are after Ronaldinho - if they can why can't we" (fair question).

The Lampard one though is daft - even Keegan at his "daftest" wouldn't have expected Lampard to leave Chelsea for us.

This the core point though - sometimes you have to wade through the s*** and trust your instinct - I think Kevin Keegan deserves more than some people in this thread are prepared to give him.

Instincts are good but I don't trust mine at the minute. 

Keegan has done a lot for us in the past both as player and manager.  On the other side of that we have an owner who claims to have bought the club so that he can go to the games with his kids and does so and acts like any other father taking his kids so appearances tie in with his claims.  He's also been partially involved with bringing Keegan back, if only by rubber stamping the deal.  Why would he try to undermine the manager he brought to the club?  My instinct tells me that he would have no reason for doing so.

This the core point though - sometimes you have to wade through the s*** and trust your instinct - I think Kevin Keegan deserves more than some people in this thread are prepared to give him.

Instincts are good but I don't trust mine at the minute. 

Keegan has done a lot for us in the past both as player and manager.  On the other side of that we have an owner who claims to have bought the club so that he can go to the games with his kids and does so and acts like any other father taking his kids so appearances tie in with his claims.  He's also been partially involved with bringing Keegan back, if only by rubber stamping the deal.  Why would he try to undermine the manager he brought to the club?  My instinct tells me that he would have no reason for doing so.

Absent parent - away too much and trusted his minions.