He's gone down in my estimation.

oldtype

Thread starter, aged 22...made him 6 when Keegan saved us in 92, not even a twinkle when Keegan was the inspiration to promotion in 84,....he is judging a great man, from a childs perspective.

What it also means is that he can pass comment on Keegan with an element of objectivity, rather than letting a romanticised rose-tinted myth cloud his opinion.

What myth is this then? The myth that we wouldn't have a football club like we know now if it wasn't for Keegan.

The myth that he got us promoted twice, 1 as captain, 1 as manager.....Mythical

Er, I suggest that you read my post above my friend, in order to focus your thoughts.  What he did *then* is not being disputed.  His actions of late are the ones under scrutiny.  Hence the thread title I suppose.

Then i suggest the title is changed to,

'Hes gone down in my estimation, though how i work that out, i dont kno cos i wasnt around at the begining'

Thread starter, aged 22...made him 6 when Keegan saved us in 92, not even a twinkle when Keegan was the inspiration to promotion in 84,....he is judging a great man, from a childs perspective.

I'm 23 and I remember him keeping us up and the ride from there on in. ;)

I bet you werent in Korea tho

Some people here are so pathetic it just makes me laugh.

First it's my nationality, now it's my age? Have a word with yourself.

You're the very dictionary definition of a mong. I'd be surprised if you were that much older than I am.

Cheers Fu mong Chu

prepare to be surprised....im an old Mong,

In that case, I feel sorry for your family.

Were you by any chance that grey-haired t*** who shouted something I won't repeat behind my back the last time I was at SJP?

a, im not a racist

b, i aint afraid to tell anyone it to thier face

Aye, you're obviously an honorable and brave man who's willing to stand up and insult someone over his nationality on an anonymous internet forum.  :lol:

So, who's got something to say that doesn't amount to

1. OMFG Keegan got us promoted you ungrateful twat!

or

2. HANG THE FOREIGN DEVIL!

Guest guinness_fiend

What it also means is that he can pass comment on Keegan with an element of objectivity, rather than letting a romanticised rose-tinted myth cloud his opinion.

What myth is this then? The myth that we wouldn't have a football club like we know now if it wasn't for Keegan.

Er, I suggest that you read my post above my friend, in order to focus your thoughts.  What he did *then* is not being disputed.  His actions of late are the ones under scrutiny.  Hence the thread title I suppose.

'Hes gone down in my estimation, though how i work that out, i dont kno cos i wasnt around at the begining'

You really do struggle with prose, eh?  No matter, there is no discussing things with some people.  We shall have to agree to disagree.

You really do struggle with prose, eh?  No matter, there is no discussing things with some people.  We shall have to agree to disagree.

no i don't , i just enjoy a bit licence to run rings round young boys who, hypothesise endlessly, about things they actually kno, nowt about.

Finally, people are facing up to facts about KK

He, far more than any of the so called "Cockney Mafia" is responsible for the nose dive in our standings and hope for the future.

To the KK fans yes, he did take us further than anyone (SBR took us as far) but that was then this is now FFS !

Finally, people are facing up to facts about KK

He, far more than any of the so called "Cockney Mafia" is responsible for the nose dive in our standings and hope for the future.

To the KK fans yes, he did take us further than anyone (SBR took us as far) but that was then this is now FFS !

What facts are these then?

We were also making progression on the pitch as well for the first time in almost 5 years btw if you never noticed that.

I think this whole thread comes down to a matter of trust. Who do you trust? - KK or Ashley. Well no one other than KK and Ashley knows what Keegan was told his role would be when he got the job. No one knows what went on during the transfer window. Therefore it comes down to who you trust. And I'm sorry, but I would trust KK 100% every time.

I think this whole thread comes down to a matter of trust. Who do you trust? - KK or Ashley. Well no one other than KK and Ashley knows what Keegan was told his role would be when he got the job. No one knows what went on during the transfer window. Therefore it comes down to who you trust. And I'm sorry, but I would trust KK 100% every time.

Exactly. Which is why I don't get why people are saying they would trust Ashley and co. more than Keegan.

I would to, simply because both Wise and Ashley said that Keegan was the one who bought and sold the players only to release an official statement after KK left saying he never did and he knew it.

Why does it always have to be Ashley OR Keegan? Seems to me they've both played their part in bringing us to this position.

Keegan's gone down in my estimation, too, even though we all knew he had this tendency to walk away when the going gets tough. It's all very well applauding him for his principles, but his principles have resulted in him leaving us in deep, deep shit. Personally, I wish his principles had involved him sticking around to fight his corner and doing the best with the hand he was dealt.

I would to, simply because both Wise and Ashley said that Keegan was the one who bought and sold the players only to release an official statement after KK left saying he never did and he knew it.

Clearly the club wanted Keegan to have a say, that's why they asked him to come up with a list of players that he wanted, they also took him scouting the players that they had spotted for him to have a look at so I'd say they wanted his approval on players coming in so that they could have a good working relationship, something has clearly happened behind the scenes where Wise and co felt they had no other option than to go out and sign players on the last day of the window without his approval.

I don't know what that is but if they do go to court over all of this then hopefully the truth can finally come out.

Why does it always have to be Ashley OR Keegan? Seems to me they've both played their part in bringing us to this position.

Keegan's gone down in my estimation, too, even though we all knew he had this tendency to walk away when the going gets tough. It's all very well applauding him for his principles, but his principles have resulted in him leaving us in deep, deep shit. Personally, I wish his principles had involved him sticking around to fight his corner and doing the best with the hand he was dealt.

Perhaps he tried to fight his corner? Just a thought mind. I know it's a bit out there.

Perhaps he tried to fight his corner? Just a thought mind. I know it's a bit out there.

Probably he did, but he didn't stick around, did he? From the point of view of the wellbeing of the club, he simply could not  have picked a worsr time to leave.

Probably he did, but he didn't stick around, did he? From the point of view of the wellbeing of the club, he simply could not  have picked a worsr time to leave.

I agree about the timing of his leaving. But if he felt he could no longer work under Ashley and co. then would you want him to stay?

He tried to fight his corner over the transfer policy and then walks out the day after the transfer window closes?

Surely his bet bet would have been to stick around and spend the next 4 months getting as many points as possible, that way he would hold more power when going to Ashley to get the set up changed if that's what he wanted.

Keegan's gone down in my estimation, too, even though we all knew he had this tendency to walk away when the going gets tough. It's all very well applauding him for his principles, but his principles have resulted in him leaving us in deep, deep s***. Personally, I wish his principles had involved him sticking around to fight his corner and doing the best with the hand he was dealt.

I agree about the timing of his leaving. But if he felt he could no longer work under Ashley and co. then would you want him to stay?

Yes! inform Ashley that he needs to find another manager by January, and stick around and manage the club he "loves", for the sake of the fans he "loves"

Depends why he felt like that. There's so much we don't know. It might have even been one of his brinkmanship games -- "You do that or I'll resign" -- exccept the bluff got called.

Which is likely to be what happened IMO.

Keegan wasn't in Curbishley's position (one game from the sack) if he really felt hard done by he should just have carried on working while complaining loudly like Mourinho and Rafa. If Ashley had then sacked him, at least no one could say he'd quit yet again.

Keegan's gone down in my estimation, too, even though we all knew he had this tendency to walk away when the going gets tough. It's all very well applauding him for his principles, but his principles have resulted in him leaving us in deep, deep s***. Personally, I wish his principles had involved him sticking around to fight his corner and doing the best with the hand he was dealt.

Yes! inform Ashley that he needs to find another manager by January, and stick around and manage the club he "loves", for the sake of the fans he "loves"

Wasn't that the point of the meeting in May though?

Aye, ageist i know, but i think you're right in that he doesn't understand fully, the impact KK has had on this club.

It's not just about what he's done in the past. That's true. However, i think because his past at NUFC goes back so far, he's built up a connection and a love for the club.

I don't think you could find a man who wanted to be successful at Newcastle, more than KK. Unfortunately it seems, although not proven, that he simply wasn't allowed to do it his way.

Aye, ageist i know, but i think you're right in that he doesn't understand fully, the impact KK has had on this club.

Understand fully?!! I don't think he has the first fucking clue. Calling Keegan a coward is a disgrace.

Hes left every job hes had without a scrap of thought for anyone but himself.

What is this thing that we have with expecting that Keegan always has to sacrifice his happiness in place of us fans.

Yes he might love the club but why should we expect him to be unhappy just for our benefit.

Were expected to sacrifice our happiness to support the club.