He's gone down in my estimation.

oldtype

Kevin Keegan is a coward.

He's deserted us, betrayed our trust, and left us for dead. "If" we are relegated this season, he should be remembered as one of the great villains in club history.

I don't care how bad the situation was. There was no justification for walking out when he did. It's simply a case of him putting his pride (or principles, or whatever you want to call it) before the good of the club he claimed to love. What situation if any would convince YOU to resign as manager of Newcastle United on September 1st? He should have never taken the job in the first place, walked out the moment he was undermined in the transfer window, or saw out the season.

For those of you who say he couldn't have known what would happen. Really? Is it that hard to imagine that KK walking out would cause massive fan discontent, which would make Ashley's position untenable? Many of us on the board were predicting the exact situation we are in now the moment the news broke.

For those of you who say he simply had his bluff called by Ashley and never really meant to leave. That changes nothing, the fact is, at any point he could have come to his senses, swallowed his pride, and come back.

Now, I'm not saying that the blame for our current crisis lies solely on KK's door. He and Ashley and Wise/Vertre/Llambias are all equally culpable.

But you know what? I don't hold those other people to the same standards I used to hold KK. I trusted that man absolutely, unconditionally, unequivocally. He's betrayed that trust and left us in freefall.

:idiot2:

:angry:

No wonder some people think our fans are kneejerk.

What facts do you have to suggest that Keegan was wrong to walk?

I don't have any facts as such to say he was right to, except for the quotes from him, but I know from the murmurs coming out of the club over the last few months that all was not right. I trust KK and believe he left for good reason.

Any person's opinion on this topic either way hinges on whether they still trust KK or not.

I certainly don't.

Guest Stephen927

I'll always look on his first reign with fond memories.

Wouldn't have hurt him to swallow his pride though. He says he loves this club, getting hard to believe that tbh.

Kevin Keegan is a coward.

He's deserted us, betrayed our trust, and left us for dead. "If" we are relegated this season, he should be remembered as one of the great villains in club history.

I don't care how bad the situation was. There was no justification for walking out when he did. It's simply a case of him putting his pride (or principles, or whatever you want to call it) before the good of the club he claimed to love. What situation if any would convince YOU to resign as manager of Newcastle United on September 1st? He should have never taken the job in the first place, walked out the moment he was undermined in the transfer window, or saw out the season.

For those of you who say he couldn't have known what would happen. Really? Is it that hard to imagine that KK walking out would cause massive fan discontent, which would make Ashley's position untenable?

For those of you who say he simply had his bluff called by Ashley and never really meant to leave. That changes nothing, the fact is, at any point he could have come to his senses, swallowed his pride, and come back.

Now, I'm not saying that the blame for our current crisis lies solely on KK's door. He and Ashley and Wise/Vertre/Llambias are all equally culpable.

But you know what? I don't hold those other people to the same standards I used to hold KK. I trusted that man absolutely, unconditionally, unequivocally. He's betrayed that trust and left us in freefall.

Its not looking good at the moment but let's NOT get all worked up again and start pointing fingers until more of the truth eventually surface. We can blame who we want but we may as well channel our views and energies to the "Save Newcastle  campaign whilst this mess is sorted out

Guest Alan Shearer 9

The results/performances vs Hull and West Ham, the reaction of the fans, the turmoil his actions have left the club in. Are you fucking blind? I'm getting sick of these idiots who support Keegan over what's best for the club. We don't need you.

Guest The Libertine

As someone's pointed out in the match thread, I bet he's happy on a Spanish golf course somewhere right now.

:pow:

also,

Agreed.

Any person's opinion on this topic either way hinges on whether they still trust KK or not.

Pretty much the case.

Personally, I don't really see what Ashley and his pals have done for this club to make me trust them any more than Kevin Keegan.

Keegan came in with two weeks left in the January transfer window. He didn't make his first signing until the 7th March with Lamine Diatta coming in after a trial period. Wise, Vetere and Jiminez had all been appointed by this time and Keegan knew that the club were looking at the structure when he agreed his contract. During the Summer transfer window we signed Danny Guthrie, Jonas Gutierrez, Fabricio Collocini, Sebastian Bassong (after a trial period), Ignacio Gonzalez and Xisco. Now it is possible something could have happened on deadline day, e.g. Newcastle trying to sell Joey Barton who Keegan stood up for after the Arsenal game, but we may never find out. Although I have some blame for Keegan, the situation hasn't been helped by Llambias, Ashley and Wise.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

The results/performances vs Hull and West Ham, the reaction of the fans, the turmoil his actions have left the club in. Are you f***ing blind? I'm getting sick of these idiots who support Keegan over what's best for the club. We don't need you.

I'm not supporting Keegan over what's best for the club. I'm supporting Keegan because I believe he know's what is best for the club.

Read that back to yourself. Do you know how fucking stupid you sound? What the hell has Keegan got to do with this club now? He's gone. So he knows what's best for the club what's that? This situation we're in? There is wool over your eyes, everything you say is based on an idiotic defence of Keegan's actions and not what is best for the club.

If Keegan manages another team, go support them.

No wonder some people think our fans are kneejerk.

I don't have any facts as such to say he was right to, except for the quotes from him, but I know from the murmurs coming out of the club over the last few months that all was not right. I trust KK and believe he left for good reason.

Right. Are you telling me the day he walked was his first opportunity to walk?

September means transfer window is shut, surely as a debt of gratitude he could have held his tongue and took us through to January? Why did HE kneejerk and leave?

Face it "The messiah" dropped us in the shite.

That piss poor transfer window and shite backroom staff got us 4 points from Man utd and Bolton FFS, he put himself first when we had put him first so many many times before just accept it.

Guest The Libertine

This thread is the reason that we are now destined to go down.

There are too many people still whinging on about Keegan instead of buckling down and getting on with the season.

Get over it man.

change keegan for ashley and then surely this post should be in the numerous threads about ashley?

Not surprising who sides with Ashley - people with no connection to with our city.

:clap:

Nice one mate, I was just waiting for someone to pull the "he's not a Geordie so he doesn't understand" card.

By the way, where was Keegan born again?

Not surprising who sides with Ashley - people with no connection to with our city.

f***ing cheek.

Mind your own business.

Born in Newcastle and I blame them both where do I fit in then?

There are too many people still whinging on about Keegan instead of buckling down and getting on with the season.

Get over it man.

change keegan for ashley and then surely this post should be in the numerous threads about ashley?

No because Ashley is here and has the chance to put things right.. oh hang on... he wants to fuck off as well because a bunch of fans, made up mainly of school kids, chanted his name.

The results/performances vs Hull and West Ham, the reaction of the fans, the turmoil his actions have left the club in. Are you f***ing blind? I'm getting sick of these idiots who support Keegan over what's best for the club. We don't need you.

That's right, fuck off if you have a different opinion.  :idiot2:

Get over it man.

This, this this.