Fans to blame? F*ck off!

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon

Those blaming fans for the mess we are in can fuck right off, seriously. We were in this mess the moment the club failed to broker peace with KK and allowed him to walk and there isn't a course of action we could have chosen to change that inevitable crash, positively or otherwise. Protests or no protests the end result was always going to be the same. Fan unrest, media intrusion and dressing room damage - in short a broken club. Only Ashley's true intentions for the club would still be hidden away like the faces he appointed have cowardly been these past few weeks and the man himself was until some 'mongs' chanted "Ashley Out". The protesters haven't created this mess nor made it any worse. In fact they have done their club a huge favour by finishing what KK had started - further exposing the lies, deceit, cheating and true intentions of Ashley which couldn't be any further from the so-called blueprint he outlined in his recent official club magazine interview which had the vast majority of us fooled.

Those blaming fans it hasn't went unnoticed have mainly had the luxury of being cut-off from all of this but those 'mongs' and protesters you claim to have caused this or made things worse cannot escape the turmoil much less try and reason with it.

In an age where football is being criticised for failing to understand fans it galls me that some fans themselves are losing touch with reality too. The reality that in a City like Newcastle where there is only one club, a club that literally dominates the landscape, a City where long suffering fans who have put up with lies after lies, false dawn after false dawn, had their loyalty and pride taken for granted time and time again wake up one morning to the news that their manager who to many has given them the best years of their lives supporting their club, has been sacked or resigned without so much as a word from the owner, chairmen or someone for a full day, what do people fucking expect. For fans to sit by SSN to await developments?

And when confirmation that KK has resigned due to interference from above before a petty, blatantly full of lies amateur statement finally arrives quickly followed by a smear campaign to discredit one of the biggest legend's in the club's history and one of the most honest men in football while the owner gets pissed thousands of miles away?

How are fans meant to react? What are they meant to feel? What are they meant to do?

Distance themselves from this like some of you lot who have the luxury of being able to?

How about good old reason and logic? Err this is fucking football, if it is reason and logic you want, wrong game folks, wrong fucking club.

I love Kevin Keegan me, the man went up in my estimation even further when he resigned. I won't apologise for that.

I won't apologise for my feelings on Ashley and co neither.

But most of all I won't apologise for fans doing what is natural, caring and being emotive about their one and only club.

Shame on you for mocking this, for not understanding this.

And lastly, I make no apologies when I say those that blame fans for all of this can fuck right off, you're not welcome and can follow Ashley and co out the door for all I care.

That's my finish on the whole sorry saga.

I won't comment any more.

I dont think the protests were proportionate to the problem, i dont doubt for one second that Ashley was unsafe in the ground and that is a sad state of affairs - especially with the relationship we have with teh southern hacks who will of been licking there lips.

I had no problem about with protests or voicing your concerns but all this "cockney mafia out" and buying the club bollocks has done nothing but damamaged us exponentially and the blame for that lies with the somewhat delusional fans who didnt have the patience to see an owners badly started plan come anywhere near to fruition.

We are univestable unless someone is looking for a Toy - there arent many of those about.

So in conclusion, yes the fans are to blame a little, as is Keegan, as is Wise and as is Ashley.

Those blaming fans for the mess we are in can f*** right off, seriously. We were in this mess the moment the club failed to broker peace with KK and allowed him to walk and there isn't a course of action we could have chosen to change that inevitable crash, positively or otherwise. Protests or no protests the end result was always going to be the same. Fan unrest, media intrusion and dressing room damage - in short a broken club. Only Ashley's true intentions for the club would still be hidden away like the faces he appointed have cowardly been these past few weeks and the man himself was until some 'mongs' chanted "Ashley Out". The protesters haven't created this mess nor made it any worse. In fact they have done their club a huge favour by finishing what KK had started - further exposing the lies, deceit, cheating and true intentions of Ashley which couldn't be any further from the so-called blueprint he outlined in his recent official club magazine interview which had the vast majority of us fooled.

Those blaming fans it hasn't went unnoticed have mainly had the luxury of being cut-off from all of this but those 'mongs' and protesters you claim to have caused this or made things worse cannot escape the turmoil much less try and reason with it.

In an age where football is being criticised for failing to understand fans it galls me that some fans themselves are losing touch with reality too. The reality that in a City like Newcastle where there is only one club, a club that literally dominates the landscape, a City where long suffering fans who have put up with lies after lies, false dawn after false dawn, had their loyalty and pride taken for granted time and time again wake up one morning to the news that their manager who to many has given them the best years of their lives supporting their club, has been sacked or resigned without so much as a word from the owner, chairmen or someone for a full day, what do people f***ing expect. For fans to sit by SSN to await developments?

And when confirmation that KK has resigned due to interference from above before a petty, blatantly full of lies amateur statement finally arrives quickly followed by a smear campaign to discredit one of the biggest legend's in the club's history and one of the most honest men in football while the owner gets pissed thousands of miles away?

How are fans meant to react? What are they meant to feel? What are they meant to do?

Distance themselves from this like some of you lot who have the luxury of being able to?

How about good old reason and logic? Err this is f***ing football, if it is reason and logic you want, wrong game folks, wrong f***ing club.

I love Kevin Keegan me, the man went up in my estimation even further when he resigned. I won't apologise for that.

I won't apologise for my feelings on Ashley and co neither.

But most of all I won't apologise for fans doing what is natural, caring and being emotive about their one and only club.

Shame on you for mocking this, for not understanding this.

And lastly, I make no apologies when I say those that blame fans for all of this can f*** right off, you're not welcome and can follow Ashley and co out the door for all I care.

That's my finish on the whole sorry saga.

I won't comment any more.

Muppets, each and every one of them. Those that are so blinkered to not see whats happening to this once proud club cannot honestly say they have the best interests of the club at heart. To allow this to go the way it has and blame anyone other than Ashley and Co is laughable.

Come on HTT, come to the darkside mate ;)

To be fair to HTT, his posts are a direct response to the silence and apparent lack of action going on at the club.

How can any fans not get wound up more and more, day by day, by not knowing what the fuck is going on. All we know is that Ashley intends on selling the club, has been apparently actively trying to do so but the day to day running, and more importantly the search for a new manager of the club appears to be secondary.

A quality manager would not touch the club at the moment (imo) if Ashley were to appoint someone long term it would make the club less

attractive to a potential buyer who has their own ideas.

He plans/hopes to sell asap so it wouldn't be a shock if a new manager is the last thing on his mind at the moment, this may change if he

isn't getting the offers he wants.

To be fair to HTT, his posts are a direct response to the silence and apparent lack of action going on at the club.

How can any fans not get wound up more and more, day by day, by not knowing what the f*** is going on. All we know is that Ashley intends on selling the club, has been apparently actively trying to do so but the day to day running, and more importantly the search for a new manager of the club appears to be secondary.

All we actually know is that Ashley SAID he intended to sell the club.

I think he actually intends just to let us rot, as payback for what he feels we did to him and his 'little toy' football club.  He knows the value of the club will not dramatically fall from what it is now, if he simply punishes us by letting the club (and us) ROT.

That is human nature, for people of his sort.

To those who say "source?" and "how do you know?"  -  I say, just wait and see and judge by the 'silence' and lack of action.

Ok I am sure he is willing to right off hundreds of millions of pounds just to get back at those nasty people who called him a cockney.

As I said, he isn't going to write off a penny.  Not a penny.  Letting us rot (wasting our season) will not lose him a penny.  What makes you think it would?

If the fans aren't partly to blame, then why is there a big difference between what is happening with us and what has happened with West Ham? They had a manager walk out under the exact same circumstances, yet they're not in utter limbo as a result of it.

IMO the difference is because of the fans' emotional attachment to Kevin Keegan and the supposed lack of backing, combined with this resentment of the club being run by people perceived to be "cockneys", creating a situation whereby the chairman/owner have no interest in appointing a new manager, with very few managers willing to take the job knowing that they'd possibly have a new boss who doesn't want them the next day. Hence, we have someone completely incompetent and unqualified at the helm, someone who has been unfairly thrown into the role but will ultimately result in us going down if he stays there for long enough - anyone can point to how bad we've been since Keegan's departure and blame "the system" for not getting enough quality players in, but they'd do well to remember just how much of a difference a good manager can make on an apparently poor team struggling under a clueless "manager".

The owner purchased the club, according to his own words, as a means to enjoy himself, a vessel to live out his love of football - as soon as the fans turned on him to the extent that they have, he was always going to lose the very motivation that saw him purchase the club hastily in the first place. Contrast that to West Ham fans, who have shown none of the vitriol or sheer anger towards a board who have done the same thing as plenty of other boards up and down the country, past and present. Even Shepherd signed players that weren't his managers' targets, as Souness has clearly stated, yet where were the mass demonstrations, and well respected fanzines protesting against the actions of the board and encouraging a revolt? Is it because we disliked Souness as a manager, forgave Shepherd becasue he wasnt a cockney, and in fact had no clue about what happened at the time because the manager didnt walk out in a huff?

To quote Ashley:

"I have enjoyed sport since I was a boy. I love football. I have followed England in every tournament since Mexico '86. I was there to see Maradona and his hand of God. I know what it means to love football and to love a club. I know how important it is to other people because football is so important to me.

My life has been tied up with sport. It was the passion that I felt for sport that helped me to be successful with my business. That success allowed me to mix my passion and my business.

I bought Newcastle United in May 2007. Newcastle attracted me because everyone in England knows that it has the best fans in football. When the fans are behind the club at St James' Park it makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. It is magic. Newcastle's best asset has been, is and always will be the fans.

I am not stupid and have listened to the fans. I have really loved taking my kids to the games, being next to them and all the fans. But I am now a dad who can't take his kids to a football game on a Saturday because I am advised that we would be assaulted. Therefore, I am no longer prepared to subsidise Newcastle United.

I am putting the club up for sale."

So, aside from the conspiracy theory, how is that not because of the fans?

If the fans aren't partly to blame, then why is there a big difference between what is happening with us and what has happened with West Ham? They had a manager walk out under the exact same circumstances, yet they're not in utter limbo as a result of it.

IMO the difference is because of the fans' emotional attachment to Kevin Keegan and the supposed lack of backing, combined with this resentment of the club being run by people perceived to be "cockneys", creating a situation whereby the chairman/owner have no interest in appointing a new manager, with very few managers willing to take the job knowing that they'd possibly have a new boss who doesn't want them the next day. Hence, we have someone completely incompetent and unqualified at the helm, someone who has been unfairly thrown into the role but will ultimately result in us going down if he stays there for long enough - anyone can point to how bad we've been since Keegan's departure and blame "the system" for not getting enough quality players in, but they'd do well to remember just how much of a difference a good manager can make on an apparently poor team struggling under a clueless "manager".

The owner purchased the club, according to his own words, as a means to enjoy himself, a vessel to live out his love of football - as soon as the fans turned on him to the extent that they have, he was always going to lose the very motivation that saw him purchase the club hastily in the first place. Contrast that to West Ham fans, who have shown none of the vitriol or sheer anger towards a board who have done the same thing as plenty of other boards up and down the country, past and present. Even Shepherd signed players that weren't his managers' targets, as Souness has clearly stated, yet where were the mass demonstrations, and well respected fanzines protesting against the actions of the board and encouraging a revolt? Is it because we disliked Souness as a manager, forgave Shepherd becasue he wasnt a cockney, and in fact had no clue about what happened at the time because the manager didnt walk out in a huff?

To quote Ashley:

"I have enjoyed sport since I was a boy. I love football. I have followed England in every tournament since Mexico '86. I was there to see Maradona and his hand of God. I know what it means to love football and to love a club. I know how important it is to other people because football is so important to me.

My life has been tied up with sport. It was the passion that I felt for sport that helped me to be successful with my business. That success allowed me to mix my passion and my business.

I bought Newcastle United in May 2007. Newcastle attracted me because everyone in England knows that it has the best fans in football. When the fans are behind the club at St James' Park it makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. It is magic. Newcastle's best asset has been, is and always will be the fans.

I am not stupid and have listened to the fans. I have really loved taking my kids to the games, being next to them and all the fans. But I am now a dad who can't take his kids to a football game on a Saturday because I am advised that we would be assaulted. Therefore, I am no longer prepared to subsidise Newcastle United.

I am putting the club up for sale."

So, aside from the conspiracy theory, how is that not because of the fans?

The responsibility for what happened is spread around quite a few people/groups, including the fans.

But 99.99% of the responsibility lies with the owner.

He made the decisions, at various stages, that caused this to happen in the way that it did.

The buck stops with the owner.

West Ham also appointed a new manager in about 7 days and in the interim period, were telling the fans, through the media, how the appointment process was going

So because we haven't done it in 7 days, or communicated with the fans as well as others, we should lynch those running the club?

Certainly Ashley & Co have made some major mistakes, things could and should have been done alot better, but the point here is that the ridiculous overreaction by the fans did have a significant part to play in the current situation whereby we have a temporary manager unable to do the job required and no desire by those in charge to change that situation anytime soon.

West Ham also appointed a new manager in about 7 days and in the interim period, were telling the fans, through the media, how the appointment process was going

So because we haven't done it in 7 days, or communicated with the fans as well as others, we should lynch those running the club?

Certainly Ashley & Co have made some major mistakes, things could and should have been done alot better, but the point here is that the ridiculous overreaction by the fans did have a significant part to play in the current situation whereby we have a temporary manager unable to do the job required and no desire by those in charge to change that situation anytime soon.

I m absolutely convinced that if the club had spoken to the fans 2 or 3 times in the period between Kevin walking out and the Hull match, the protests that took place would not have been anywhere near as well supported.

I think they knew that would happen and played on it.

They saw what the instant reaction was and must have realised that it was going to build and build until the next home game. They had a responsibility to calm things down. Instead, their silence and that fucking ridiculous FACT statement on the web site just fanned the flames.

Do that to a set of football fans and you should never be surprised with the reaction your going to get.

I am not condoing the (non-violent) protests, but it was always going to happen