A good old fashioned transfer rumour?

Kaizero

I was thinking we could do with something not related to the impending doom most users here seem to think we're heading at, so let's all rather talk about how we're gonna rape Milan, who apparently officially have declared their interest in the player, in the chase for this youngster :pow:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/09/23/united-tracking-norwegian-youngster-forren-72703-21880202/

NEWCASTLE United are tracking Norwegian youngster Vegard Forren despite the club’s uncertain future.

Owner Mike Ashley may well be open to offers for United.

But while he is still in charge, the club’s scouting network is still in full operation, with Dennis Wise, Tony Jimenez and Jeff Vetere sticking to their policy of scouring the globe for the world’s best youngsters.

Forren, who is 20, starred for Molde in a 3-1 away win against Lyn in Norway’s Tippeligaen at the weekend but his side are struggling in 10th place of a 14-team division.

A United scout was in the crowd on Sunday night, but the Magpies are not the only side keeping tabs on the Norway Under-21 international.

Sampdoria, West Bromwich and AC Milan are all keen on the young gun who many Norwegian football experts believe has a bright future ahead of him.

Yet Molde will be looking for a fee of up to £4m for the seven-times capped Under-21 international.

Guest Gh0StFaC3

Can't see ANYONE signing for us at present... not until the clubs immediate future is certain at least.

I'd prefer our 'global scouting network' to be looking at younger players though tbh... 16, 17 & 18 year olds.  20yr olds (especially decent ones, such as those capped at U21 level) cost money & should have already made the move to a bigger club if they're THAT good IMO.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_4186169,00.html

A number of Premier League clubs are understood to be tracking Norwegian prospect Vegard Forren.

The 20-year-old central defender plays for Molde and has enjoyed a hugely successful first year with the club.

He was spotted by Molde playing for KIL/Helme and he penned a five-year deal after impressing on trial.

The player's agent Gudlaugur Tomasson has now confirmed there is major interest in his client following reports that Newcastle, West Brom and Wigan all watched him in action earlier this month.

"There are many interested clubs," Tomasson told Nettavisen.

"It is quite natural that major clubs come to check him out and that they would recognise a young talent in Vegard."

Forren himself is looking for a new contract, saying: "After my performances this year, I feel that I deserve a better contract.

"My agent is coming from Denmark and we will sit down and negotiate with the club.

"I do not expect to be the top earner, but there must be an improvement.

"I have a long contract with Molde and I am focused on developing my talents here, but of course, if I get a good offer - preferably from the Premier League - I would have to consider it."