Is this the worst time you have had being a supporter of NUFC?

kane2005

so it hasn't happened since then ?

Thanks.

The demonstrations while Souness was here were quite bad but not as organised at this one.  We had chants of sack the board before we brought Owen in and it was quite bad just before Souness was sacked.

Canell ? Natrass ?

The "likes of Nattrass" was one of the best defenders and the best right back I have ever seen play for this club.

And - the players had the right to go on strike just like anybody else. If anything it should tell you how strongly they felt about the situation ie losing Gordon Lee, who went to Everton, because the board didn't have the ambition that he had.  Are you one of those who thinks selling MacDonald was completely responsible for our relegation despite the players supporting the manager who decided to let him go ?

Oh, it was nothing to do with money.

Of course it was about money, stop trying to change history.  If anybody doesn't know then have a look here as this is how I remember it, it looks like at least two of us are wrong.  :lol: http://www.toonarama.co.uk/managers/dinnisfall.html

Guest Howaythetoon

I have never ever been so deflated and left feeling what is the point of any of it than the day we appointed Graeme Souness, so no. This has arguably been the most uncertain and disturbing time but I'm a weird bloke in that I can at will sell myself a more positive NUFC world. On the downside I can also sell myself the doom and gloom version of that too. Ultimately the positive wins though because I hate being fucking down about something for too long. Anyway for what it's worth I've sold myself the idea that this will all turn out to be the best thing to happen to us. I still believe in Newcastle United stronger than ever with the added bonus of believing in my fellow fans more than ever too. When we appointed Souness I was disgusted and very painful because we all knew how it was going to end. The club's most promising era since KK and before that the 50s was going to come crashing down within months. And it did and the club is still recovering from that dark dark chapter in the history books.

No, it's not the worst time. We're in a right old state but the season is young, the squad is far from the worst in the league, and if a decent manager gets appointed in the not-too-distant and everyone's spirits get bucked up, I feel we've more than enough to avoid relegation, even that does look like a possibility. But a possibility is all it is, right now.

Stop wallowing in it.

People are posting like we're already relegated. It's pathetic. And it will do us no favours as the season wears on.

No, it's not the worst time. We're in a right old state but the season is young, the squad is far from the worst in the league, and if a decent manager gets appointed in the not-too-distant and everyone's spirits get bucked up, I feel we've more than enough to avoid relegation, even that does look like a possibility. But a possibility is all it is, right now.

Stop wallowing in it.

People are posting like we're already relegated. It's pathetic. And it will do us no favours as the season wears on.

Err ....... if some people can't see that we are very serious trouble of being Relegated, I really worry for their sanity. Even the bookies have us at 5-1 for the drop and they arn't often wrong. Wake up mate smell the coffee, find that A to Z of Ipswich you've got hidden away.

Stop wallowing in it.

Err ....... if some people can't see that we are very serious trouble of being Relegated, I really worry for their sanity. Even the bookies have us at 5-1 for the drop and they arn't often wrong. Wake up mate smell the coffee, find that A to Z of Ipswich you've got hidden away.

hey ozzie...he's calling you a prostitute killer

Guest LucaAltieri

Stop wallowing in it.

Are Spurs going to get relegated, too?

Stop wallowing in it.

No mate, they're better than us, have better players, a better manager and their owners don't want to sell the club mid-season (not that I know of anyway) - They're 25-1 at the bookies and they beat us on Wednesday. ....... So that's a No then.

Guest LucaAltieri

Stop wallowing in it.

No mate, they're better than us, have better players, a better manager and their owners don't want to sell the club mid-season (not that I know of anyway) - They're 25-1 at the bookies and they beat us on Wednesday. ....... So that's a No then.

Yes, but their squad is 2 points poorer according to the table - so they're not actually "better than us", are they?. Their owners have sold off their best players to have a tidy sum sitting in the bank (the 8th deadly sin according to some around here). I'm not at all fussed about what the bookies say - none of them had Kinnear down as our potential manager.

If you don't like the spurs comparison;

Will Villa qualify for the champions league? Will Man United be in the relegation scrap?

Maybe you're prepared to admit that over the length of the season things might balance out?

Stop wallowing in it.

Yes, but their squad is 2 points poorer according to the table - so they're not actually "better than us", are they?. Their owners have sold off their best players to have a tidy sum sitting in the bank (the 8th deadly sin according to some around here). I'm not at all fussed about what the bookies say - none of them had Kinnear down as our potential manager.

Will Villa qualify for the champions league? Will Man United be in the relegation scrap?

Maybe you're prepared to admit that over the length of the season things might balance out?

Look, I'm not Mystic Meg but you don't have to be to see that if the club is not sold soon we'll be stuffed.

1, We have two fullbacks both injured and it looks like we'll be playing people out of position as fullbacks for another game tomorrow.

2, Martins out for six weeks is a blow, we are one Mikey Owen hamstring away from having very little up front.

3, Very poor in centre of midfield Butt and Guthrie along with the banned Barton is all we have (did i mention Guthrie is banned)

4, Paper thin squad in too many positions.

5, Until the club is sold no manager worth his salt will touch us.

6, Ashley will want his profit, so I worry about how quickly the sale will happen.

I want the club to do well, as much as anyone else. I love the bloody place but I'm just being realistic. At this precise moment, we are shagged.

Three or four weeks ago, Man City were "fucking doomed" because all those players were bought on the never never, they were selling players behind the manager's back to get some cash back in to the club, and the owner had had his assets frozen.

Fast forward a few weeks and they're the richest club in the world, and in the January window they're bidding 200m for our Lord Jesus Christ.

Football is surreal. Happenings at Newcastle the last few weeks have been surreal. Whatever happens in the next few weeks will probably be even more surreal, but there's no guarantee it will be bad.

When nobody gave a flying fuck about the game, let alone was able and willing to invest hundreds of millions, if you were in this situation after a few games, you were fucked, but these days it is all different.

Guest LucaAltieri

Stop wallowing in it.

Look, I'm not Mystic Meg but you don't have to be to see that if the club is not sold soon we'll be stuffed.

1, We have two fullbacks both injured and it looks like we'll be playing people out of position as fullbacks for another game tomorrow.

2, Martins out for six weeks is a blow, we are one Mikey Owen hamstring away from having very little up front.

3, Very poor in centre of midfield Butt and Guthrie along with the banned Barton is all we have (did i mention Guthrie is banned)

4, Paper thin squad in too many positions.

5, Until the club is sold no manager worth his salt will touch us.

6, Ashley will want his profit, so I worry about how quickly the sale will happen.

I want the club to do well, as much as anyone else. I love the bloody place but I'm just being realistic. At this precise moment, we are shagged.

I'll agree to a point - it's unhelpful that the club is in the middle of being sold. Recent weeks have obviously taken their toll on the players. That, however, is not necessarily going to be the case every week until the club is sold. The players are fighting for their own survival as well. There will come a time - probably very soon - when they will realise that feeling sorry for themselves isn't going to get them where they need to be.

Likewise, the fans aren't going to be protesting week-in week-out until Ashley fucks off. You only have to look around here to see that the majority of fans now want to move forward. They know it's time to get behind the players and the manager.

Finally, Ashley is no mug. He knows that if this all continues to disrupt the team and they keep on performing poorly he will have a shit of a job flogging the club and he certainly won't get the money he wants for it. Its in his interests to get rid as soon as possible.

All that aside, even with a paper-thin squad we still have the quality to bounce back to  comfortable mid-table position. A win tomorrow could see that happen. All it takes is a lucky early goal and we might have seen the last of this relegation talk for the rest of the season.

I know its difficult to be optimistic at the moment but there's nothing set in stone and the premises you use to back up your opinion are speculative.

As dour as it is right now, this could all be a just a bad dream in a few weeks.

Stop wallowing in it.

It is, as I said, a possibility.

It's not a fucking foregone conclusion.

I have never ever been so deflated and left feeling what is the point of any of it than the day we appointed Graeme Souness, so no. This has arguably been the most uncertain and disturbing time but I'm a weird bloke in that I can at will sell myself a more positive NUFC world. On the downside I can also sell myself the doom and gloom version of that too. Ultimately the positive wins though because I hate being f***ing down about something for too long. Anyway for what it's worth I've sold myself the idea that this will all turn out to be the best thing to happen to us. I still believe in Newcastle United stronger than ever with the added bonus of believing in my fellow fans more than ever too. When we appointed Souness I was disgusted and very painful because we all knew how it was going to end. The club's most promising era since KK and before that the 50s was going to come crashing down within months. And it did and the club is still recovering from that dark dark chapter in the history books.

just swap the name for Sam Allardyce, for me

No. It's depressing, but it could've been worse. Don't forget, we were heading for a Leeds before Ashley came in. He just f-d us in a different position. We're never going to get relegated with the squad we have today. If people disappear in January that might be another story.

Canell ? Natrass ?

The "likes of Nattrass" was one of the best defenders and the best right back I have ever seen play for this club.

And - the players had the right to go on strike just like anybody else. If anything it should tell you how strongly they felt about the situation ie losing Gordon Lee, who went to Everton, because the board didn't have the ambition that he had.  Are you one of those who thinks selling MacDonald was completely responsible for our relegation despite the players supporting the manager who decided to let him go ?

Of course it was about money, stop trying to change history.  If anybody doesn't know then have a look here as this is how I remember it, it looks like at least two of us are wrong.  :lol: http://www.toonarama.co.uk/managers/dinnisfall.html

As I've said in the other thread. It wasn't about money. You've just proved you know nowt about the team and the club at this time, but I knew that already.

PS........look at the previous season to your link............ mackems.gif

The saddest thing of all is that some of the younger lads on here actually believe you [because they want to?]

How sad is that.

Time to retire with your tail between your legs.

Could we recover from a relegation? It's a tough one to call. We'd be the biggest scalp in the second tier there has been for as long as i can remember, every team would treat us like a cup game, whereas we'd be so down and losing our best players we'd barely have it in us to play. The fans would be gone, the cub financially would become unstable with almost any owner, and the longer it goes on, the more we fade in to oblivion.

The Championship is a strong league these days, right now with our team, would we even win it? Never mind after the humiliation of relegation and what comes with it.

Couldn't agree more, and it's a prospect i've raised quite some time ago.......... a prospect some here privately dismissed - or likely - as being overwritten bullshit.

The forecast for next season, if we're relegated. A promotion campaign isn't necessarily on the cards. It would resemble more of a survival campaign where the team/club will look to consolidate/secure it's place in the league.

The U/18 results at the minute aren't impressive. A worrying sign for an element that will play a part in the senior first X1 after wage expenditure is reduced in the wake of relegation this year.

Could we recover from a relegation? It's a tough one to call. We'd be the biggest scalp in the second tier there has been for as long as i can remember, every team would treat us like a cup game, whereas we'd be so down and losing our best players we'd barely have it in us to play. The fans would be gone, the cub financially would become unstable with almost any owner, and the longer it goes on, the more we fade in to oblivion.

The Championship is a strong league these days, right now with our team, would we even win it? Never mind after the humiliation of relegation and what comes with it.

Couldn't agree more, and it's a prospect i've raised quite some time ago.......... a prospect some here privately dismissed - or likely - as being overwritten bullshit.

The forecast for next season, if we're relegated. A promotion campaign isn't necessarily on the cards. It would resemble more of a survival campaign where the team/club will look to consolidate/secure it's place in the league.

The U/18 results at the minute aren't impressive. A worrying sign for an element that will play a part in the senior first X1 after wage expenditure is reduced in the wake of relegation this year.

Go and jump off the fucking Tyne Bridge.

Yours Sincerely

Nixon.

Go and jump off the f***ing Tyne Bridge.

Yours Sincerely

Nixon.

A Reality check is needed here, or you will be following him...

In the history of the club these are relatively halcyon days.

Ok, it's not the younger fans fault that they were only a blob of spunk when the club was really shit.

However, lets get a bit of perspective, 45,000 - 52,000 crowds, awesome stadium, international players?

How times have changed! I'll never forget that crushing feeling as a lad collecting the Panini sticker albums.

How I wished to be able to lovingly collect all of Newcastle United's players and carefully place them into that

well thumbed album. But no, Second Division clubs only ever got the team photo and the club badge and they

were like gold dust on Tyneside! Fucking dark days indeed!  :'(

have seen worse 13000 nr relegation to div3, some right knacker managers following Joe Harvey's demise, Westwood in charge with his pirates eye patch etc etc. At the mo it's still only in the early stages of the season with a long way to go,those above us are not exactly racing away and Ashley cannot afford to allow the club to be relegated (supposing we don't find a decent buyer) as the stock value will continue to fall,he is gonna have to make an executive decision bite the bullet, get rid of the hump and revive the club if only to save his investment.

In the history of the club these are relatively halcyon days.

Ok, it's not the younger fans fault that they were only a blob of spunk when the club was really s***.

However, lets get a bit of perspective, 45,000 - 52,000 crowds, awesome stadium, international players?

How times have changed! I'll never forget that crushing feeling as a lad collecting the Panini sticker albums.

How I wished to be able to lovingly collect all of Newcastle United's players and carefully place them into that

well thumbed album. But no, Second Division clubs only ever got the team photo and the club badge and they

were like gold dust on Tyneside! f***ing dark days indeed!   :'(

like this 1984/85 season

http://www.craigcullen.co.uk/stickers/428.jpg http://www.craigcullen.co.uk/stickers/429.jpg

85/86 season

http://www.craigcullen.co.uk/stickers/1161.jpg http://www.craigcullen.co.uk/stickers/1162.jpg http://www.craigcullen.co.uk/stickers/1167.jpg http://www.craigcullen.co.uk/stickers/1171.jpg http://www.craigcullen.co.uk/stickers/1175.jpg http://www.craigcullen.co.uk/stickers/1170.jpg http://www.craigcullen.co.uk/stickers/1173.jpg http://www.craigcullen.co.uk/stickers/1174.jpg

Here`s the rest :lol:

http://www.craigcullen.co.uk/asp/club85.asp?club=Newcastle

Canell ? Natrass ?

mick also said :

I don't remember the players threatening to go on strike because of Lee leaving , what would have been the point if he was then managing another club?   I can't remember the fans ever singing Gordon we love you which you've claimed before .

see the season before the link you provided.   re the strike, and also this

http://www.toonarama.co.uk/seasons/1970s/1976-77/1976-77_diary_jan.html

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=56230.msg1515143#msg1515143

No reply I take it ?

mackems.gif mackems.gif