Tony Jimenez leaves the club

geordie2000

What was Jimenez's great crime beyond not being named Kevin Keegan?  I must have missed it. 

Wise and Llambias I can understand getting some abuse but in all the chaos of the last month+ I don't recall seeing Jimenez's name pop up.

Nail on the head.

Who do the idiots found us our best signings of the summer? FFS man, Keegans way too loved in these parts.

Coloccini was hardly a "find". I'm not saying he's shite, just that he was already well known and often linked with a move to England.

Jonas could be a decent legacy of Jimenez, but one decent find doesn't make the guy a transfer guru.

He didn't find anyone!  For the last time Jimenez was not a scout and has little knowledge of players, he's a deal closer, a negotiator.

Wasn't he Vice-President of player recruitment or something? If so how can anyone defend him? If you're responsible for bring players in, then signing one or two decent ones isn't enough. We needed a squad capable of challenging for a top-6 spot, how could we do that with the unbalanced, tiny squad we have now?

Good riddance to him, along with Wise and whoever else was in charge of bringing in players this last window.

It's been niggling away at me for a few weeks but how do you know that Keegan didn't turn down every player they suggested and that's why we're short on numbers?

I'm not sticking up for Jimenez or otherwise, but no-one really knows the truth do they, apart from KK, Jimenez, Wise and Llambias?

He may well have turned some players down, but he even said in his statement after he left that no manager should have players forced upon them so he probably got fed up of players he'd never heard of turning up training.

Sorry to dredge this up again, but if they had let KK bring in his own players we would have had a bigger, probably more balanced squad than we have now, not only that, but we'd still have a manager.

I'm delighted Jiminez has gone because he was part of a failed recruitment regime, Wise should have been sacked on September 2nd too. Really can't wait to see the back of him.

Don't we have to take it as fact that Keegan did not have any say in transfers therefore if the triangle of evil identified the player then the only reason he isn't here is due to personal terms not being met?

Or are we now allowed to speculate that Keegan turned players down and therefore by definition had an input to the transfer activity?

I'm confused.com

Thought id bring this post back up becasue it "accidently" got ignored.....

answers on a postcard please, im intrrigued.

The one man I hoped wouldn't leave from the regime, he knows what he's doing unlike the rest did.

Where's the evidence that this guy knew what he was doing?

The man was brought in to do the job he's been doing for years, to get us contact with clubs around the world for players around the world and get them signed. It was a well known fact before he came to us he had the names of all the important people in football and could call upon most. He was a powerful agent. Yeah he's no scout and wouldn't be able to pick out a player but I've no doubt he could get them to sign and sign for a decent deal. It's what agents do best.

The one man I hoped wouldn't leave from the regime, he knows what he's doing unlike the rest did.

The man was brought in to do the job he's been doing for years, to get us contact with clubs around the world for players around the world and get them signed. It was a well known fact before he came to us he had the names of all the important people in football and could call upon most. He was a powerful agent. Yeah he's no scout and wouldn't be able to pick out a player but I've no doubt he could get them to sign and sign for a decent deal. It's what agents do best.

It seemed the world began and ended in Spain.

All he was doing getting players in when asked to by Wise he didn't choose where to go and who to get.

It seemed the world began and ended in Spain.

Pretty poor last week of the window in terms of the money spent and players promised from the Milner sale then.

I've said before this structure failed to use a major weapon - Keegan as a "salesman" for the club in negotiations.

Pretty poor last week of the window in terms of the money spent and players promised from the Milner sale then.

I've said before this structure failed to use a major weapon - Keegan as a "salesman" for the club in negotiations.

The money spent could be highlighted as how well he done his job tbh, If he'd sold Milner for say what Kenny Shepherd managed to negotiate for Bellamy then people would be saying we spent £8 million net.

As for Keegan being the salesman, it's been done to death but convincing a player to come here when they grew up knowing you as being England captain and the European player of the year is easier than convincing some foreign youngster who has no clue who you are, even martins had to look Keegan up on the net.

The proof will be all of the top class players he can attract if he does come back.

Going by comments I've read in the past, Keegan used more of a charisma/charm approach rather than a "do you know who I am" angle.

would have to second this - however id like to point out that Xisco said it was Keegan that convinced him to come when he spoke to him and was 'gutted' when he left which suggests he was part of "sale".

But for obvious reasons they couldn't use Keegan as a "salesman" for the club in negotiations.

To be honest I fear losing this guy might be the start of losing the whole lot and when that means the likes of Jeff Vetere that's not great

It probably will and it's certainly not good.

The "cockney mafia out" mob are getting their way. Problem is they won't have a f@cking clue who we need to replace them.

Guest Heneage

What was Jimenez's great crime beyond not being named Kevin Keegan?  I must have missed it. 

Wise and Llambias I can understand getting some abuse but in all the chaos of the last month+ I don't recall seeing Jimenez's name pop up.

Nail on the head.

Who do the idiots found us our best signings of the summer? FFS man, Keegans way too loved in these parts.

Coloccini was hardly a "find". I'm not saying he's s****, just that he was already well known and often linked with a move to England.

Jonas could be a decent legacy of Jimenez, but one decent find doesn't make the guy a transfer guru.

He didn't find anyone!  For the last time Jimenez was not a scout and has little knowledge of players, he's a deal closer, a negotiator.

Fine then he helped secure our best players this summer. So who found us these players?

Nail on the head.

Coloccini was hardly a "find". I'm not saying he's s****, just that he was already well known and often linked with a move to England.

Fine then he helped secure our best players this summer. So who found us these players?

Vetere

Nail on the head.

He also helped us miss out on a hell of a lot of players, Jeff Vetere is the person mainly responsible for finding our players.

Nail on the head.

He also helped us miss out on a hell of a lot of players, Jeff Vetere is the person mainly responsible for finding our players.

I assume you mean Modric. Who else?

I know what he's supposed to do and I've heard all the "big contacts" stuff, which isn't a fact actually but its neither here nor there.  To be clear I haven't claimed Jimenez has done a bad job, who knows why we failed to sign certain players, might have been his fault, might have been other issues out of his control.  What I am saying is that I see no real evidence to suggest that him going is any real loss.  I've been impressed with some of the signings we've made, but I credit Vetere for most of those.

Nail on the head.

Aimar was one apparently.

Nail on the head.

I could name specific players like Modric, Aimar, Warnock but I'm sure there were quite a few more.  Didn't say it was all his fault BTW, it would be silly to blame him for every player we missed out on.  Just saying that if people are going to give him credit for the players we signed then he's also partially responsible for the ones we missed out on.

I don't see why so many people rate this guy on here, you don't need to be an expert in football to spot two current Argentinean Internationals!! It's not like they've gone and got someone like Zaki who is much less known. The jury is well and truly out on the other buys! Also who ever was responsible for player recruitment wants shooting for not getting in another central midfielder!!

Also goes to show in my opinion the power of spin in our society today! Ashley comes out with this visionary structure when in truth it's no different to Fat Fred's relationship with Paul Stretford the agent who also has extensive contacts throughout the football world! Maybe Fat Fred should have just given Stretford a more fancy title!

What's the news? Once we get sold the whole lot will go; in the meantime there's no work for him to do here.

Exactly ,new regime and we start over  and would he stay if his sidekicks went  we will probably never know but its a pity we always have to start from scratch every time there are changes up above and thats us atm and stability is what we need in the years to come .