Keegan to launch £9m unfair dismissal claim?

Dave

oh and ne5....who did liverpool and arsenal replace those two with and were they succesful. remember we replaced souness with roeder...........

my point is pretty straightforward, madras. The Halls and Shepherd have been the best directors in the last 5 decades - by a mile - and their successors haven't got anywhere near matching them and don't look like they ever will.

Despite you thinking it should all be so easy, thats one down.

So how long do YOU think it will take ?

shepherd/hall had been. you know i've never denied that

were they great presiding over our drop from 3rd ?

is finishing in the top half,not top 4, four times in  their last 10 years the sign of  a good board ?

i find you very difficuilt to understand. the position we are in is,according to you,totally the fault of the current owners. yet the drop to 13th from 3rd,being one of the most exciting teams in the country to one of tje dullest wasn't the fault of the then owners.

my point is more straightforward. they done well,then crap and i couldn't see them turning it round.

oh and ne5....who did liverpool and arsenal replace those two with and were they succesful. remember we replaced souness with roeder...........

my point is pretty straightforward, madras. The Halls and Shepherd have been the best directors in the last 5 decades - by a mile - and their successors haven't got anywhere near matching them and don't look like they ever will.

is finishing in the top half,not top 4, four times in  their last 10 years the sign of  a good board ?

i find you very difficuilt to understand. the position we are in is,according to you,totally the fault of the current owners. yet the drop to 13th from 3rd,being one of the most exciting teams in the country to one of tje dullest wasn't the fault of the then owners.

my point is more straightforward. they done well,then crap and i couldn't see them turning it round.

I don't see why not. So long as you back your managers you can do it, if you don't back them then you have no chance at all.

What are you talking about the last few years for ? Even their last few years have been better than Ashleys first [and hopefully last ]

I don't see why not. So long as you back your managers you can do it, if you don't back them then you have no chance at all.

What are you talking about the last few years for ? Even their last few years have been better than Ashleys first [and hopefully last ]

no no no. backing crap managers will not get you anywhere.

why am i talking about the last few years for ? i've never heard of anyone being sacked or slagged off for being great now but shit in the past. in every field you are judged on your recent past as to wether you stay or go. blips can be allowed for. i'd have let them off with the appointment of souness if they'd appointed a decent successor but they didn't and then they didn't again.

ashleys first full season,allowing for shepherds managerial appointment was positionally better than the season before and football wise better than roeders last season and the souness era NUFC.

I suppose the system that deliver the mighty Ramos is foolproof?

The system did something ours hasn't done since 1969, it delivered a trophy.

Ramos is still a clueless bufoon.

You're basing your opinion of his managerial skills entirely on the seven or so games played so far this season then I take it?

Where you take it is not my concern.

That a yes then?

:)

No.

I said he'd fail in the Ramos thread as I got wind of the fact that they were going to sell their best 2 strikers from under his nose and replace them with shit. A manager who won't stand upto that or pays lip service to a system that has effectively destroyed Spurs hopes for a good season is a bufoon or has no self respect.

That's the difference between him and Keegan I guess.

That and winning half a dozen trophies.

and to think that I'm told I ruin threads.........

You said you were happy with Allardyce, when you could have told us about Ramos BTW

What are you on about? He was simply adding to a discussion me and Parky had going on.

why am i talking about the last few years for ? i've never heard of anyone being sacked or slagged off for being great now but shit in the past. in every field you are judged on your recent past as to wether you stay or go. blips can be allowed for. i'd have let them off with the appointment of souness if they'd appointed a decent successor but they didn't and then they didn't again.

ashleys first full season,allowing for shepherds managerial appointment was positionally better than the season before and football wise better than roeders last season and the souness era NUFC.

I'm sure that football clubs don't deliberately think they are appointing crap managers.

Where do you think not backing crap managers gets you  :nope:

What a shame you expect everybody to appoint winning managers, which is impossible.

You're basing your opinion of his managerial skills entirely on the seven or so games played so far this season then I take it?

That a yes then?

No.

I said he'd fail in the Ramos thread as I got wind of the fact that they were going to sell their best 2 strikers from under his nose and replace them with shit. A manager who won't stand upto that or pays lip service to a system that has effectively destroyed Spurs hopes for a good season is a bufoon or has no self respect.

You said you were happy with Allardyce, when you could have told us about Ramos BTW

What are you on about? He was simply adding to a discussion me and Parky had going on.

selective clipping alert

not to mention lacking a wider grasp of mandy's usual non contribution.

That a yes then?

No.

selective clipping alert

Parky said Ramos is clueless. Ozzie countered that by saying that he's actually won some silverware in his time.

That a yes then?

No.

selective clipping alert

Parky said Ramos is clueless. Ozzie countered that by saying that he's actually won some silverware in his time.

Well, so have many managers inferior to Keegan. Does it make all of them better ?

That a yes then?

No.

selective clipping alert

That was indeed the point of my thread-ruining post -- two consecutive UEFA cups is not the work of a complete buffoon. And he's already won more at Spurs than any Toon manager since Joe Harvey.

That a yes then?

No.

selective clipping alert

That was indeed the point of my thread-ruining post -- two consecutive UEFA cups is not the work of a complete buffoon. And he's already won more at Spurs than any Toon manager since Joe Harvey.

bottom of the premiership. The past counts for nothing, according to some, including you when you apply your usual hindsight.

Are you saying he was better qualified than Dalglish ?

That a yes then?

No.

selective clipping alert

bottom of the premiership. The past counts for nothing, according to some, including you when you apply your usual hindsight.

I'm saying he's not a complete buffoon.

I'm sorry if this point is too difficult for you.

why am i talking about the last few years for ? i've never heard of anyone being sacked or slagged off for being great now but s*** in the past. in every field you are judged on your recent past as to wether you stay or go. blips can be allowed for. i'd have let them off with the appointment of souness if they'd appointed a decent successor but they didn't and then they didn't again.

I'm sure that football clubs don't deliberately think they are appointing crap managers.

Where do you think not backing crap managers gets you  :nope:

What a shame you expect everybody to appoint winning managers, which is impossible.

Mmmmmm i'm pretty sure most that i know of thought souness was a poor appointment the day he was appointed,same with roeder. the best (and i do try to look at things positivly) i could say the day we appointed allardyce was "at least we might be organised"

in truth we knew the day they were appointed they were crap appointments.

Souness and Roeder were abysmal decisions. If Ashley had made those appointments he'd have been hung drawn and quartered. Ironically his only proper appointment so far was the fans choice. Now he's being hung drawn and quartered for making that choice :lol:

Any board that keeps making bad choices as manager is going to pay for it. That goes for Shepherd, Ashley and whoever is in charge at Spurs. Some mistakes are genuine and it's easy to scorn them in hindsight. Keegan, Allardyce and Ramos all looked good appointments at the time. Ramos and Keegan were partly successful as well even if things have gone sour.

The two appointments for me which have no excuse are Souness followed by Roeder. They were both demonstrably badly thought out.

Guest elbee909

Just a point here.  Bear with me, I've been in hospital all day getting every last thing prodded, poked and scanned so not the best of moods.

If I ever use the style of 'argument' that can be summed up as:

1. Nearly refuse to concede any points at all, ever, then:

2. Pose semi-ridiculous rhetorical questions based on dodgy inferences drawn from old posts by opponent in a crap attempt to counter current argument

Then ban me.  Just ban me.  For I will have become all I that I despise.

Just a point here.  Bear with me, I've been in hospital all day getting every last thing prodded, poked and scanned so not the best of moods.

2. Pose semi-ridiculous rhetorical questions based on dodgy inferences drawn from old posts by opponent in a crap attempt to counter current argument

:lol:

O0

Guest icemanblue

This.

It's just not discussion anymore, and it's taking over each and every thread. The football section of this forum is going to shit.

That a yes then?

No.

selective clipping alert

well, are you or are you not saying Ramos is a good candidate for the NUFC job ?

If you are, on what basis ?

If the basis is his past record, is it or is it not better than that of Dalglish ?

If you think that because someone has won a trophy, it makes them a better candidate than Keegan, do you therefore think that the likes of Joe Royle, Maurice Evans, Bobby Gould, Steve McLaren and Brian Little were/are better managers than Keegan ?

Take your time with this one.

That a yes then?

No.

I said he'd fail in the Ramos thread as I got wind of the fact that they were going to sell their best 2 strikers from under his nose and replace them with s***. A manager who won't stand upto that or pays lip service to a system that has effectively destroyed Spurs hopes for a good season is a bufoon or has no self respect.

selective clipping alert

well, are you or are you not saying Ramos is a good candidate for the NUFC job ?

If the basis is his past record, is it or is it not better than that of Dalglish ?

If you think that because someone has won a trophy, it makes them a better candidate than Keegan, do you therefore think that the likes of Joe Royle, Maurice Evans, Bobby Gould, Steve McLaren and Brian Little were/are better managers than Keegan ?

just a reminder. wouldn't want you to leave souness out of that list.

That a yes then?

No.

I said he'd fail in the Ramos thread as I got wind of the fact that they were going to sell their best 2 strikers from under his nose and replace them with s***. A manager who won't stand upto that or pays lip service to a system that has effectively destroyed Spurs hopes for a good season is a bufoon or has no self respect.

selective clipping alert

do you think he should be in it ?

this does appear to be the criteria that you are using ?

Why don't you let Ozzie reply ? He tends to avoid such things like this, if it doesn't appeal to his hindsight ? Let him do it.

That a yes then?

No.

selective clipping alert

do you think he should be in it ?

this does appear to be the criteria that you are using ?

Why don't you let Ozzie reply ? He tends to avoid such things like this, if it doesn't appeal to his hindsight ? Let him do it.

that i'm using ?

you are the one who uses cup wins as a guide and souness, the one appointment you've acknowledged was a mistake was a cup winner at blackburn and liverpool.