The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Guest toonlass

There is not a hope that Mido would get on at Newcastle like. Not after all that pseudo-racist bile he came out with after the Boro game. Look we don't want you Mido, we think you're shit and lazy and we have enough shit, lazy strikers already at Newcastle without one with a Islamic chip on his shoulder too!

I'm sorry, but he absolutely is the putrid player most make him out to be. People have just forgotten because how bad he is because he's been out of the team so long.

Makes Butt look like Fabregas in midfield, makes Ameobi look like Trezeguet in the attack.

And Xisco, by the way, has scored more goals.

Guest toonlass

The Smith nonsense is heavily over done on this forum. He's not the most effective player, but the is not the putrid player some make him out to be. And for 6 million he has ended up being a better signing than Xisco, however depressing that is.

Please explain how that is, he has made no goals, he has scored no goals and he is woeful on the field when he is fit enough to play. With respect, you are wrong!

The Smith nonsense is heavily over done on this forum. He's not the most effective player, but the is not the putrid player some make him out to be. And for 6 million he has ended up being a better signing than Xisco, however depressing that is.

Bullshit. At least Xisco has scored a goal. Smith only got a starting place through his name alone last season and we didn't get out of the relegation fight until he was dropped. We went something like 7 games undefeated without him in the team, went in at half time against Chelsea 0-0 and when he came out to replace Viduka for the second half pretty much everyone around me - myself included - voiced that we'd lose with Smith in the team. We lost 2-0 in the end.. It's more than likely that he didn't directly cause either goal, I can't quite remember, but I remember him offering absolutely nothing to the team.

I just think Smith's weaknesses were overdone because of the period for during which he played at this club, and the teams he was forced to play in. He's certainly no worse than Butt in my opinion and I think he is better than Shola, regardless of his goal "surge" earlier this year.

Smith in the midfield literally has all of Butt's weaknesses (reckless tackling, horrible distribution, low awareness) with none of his strengths (positioning/covering).

As for Smith v. Shola up front, Shola Ameobi has scored more goals this season than Smith ever will for the remainder of his career. That's all there is to it really.

Guest firetotheworks

I just think Smith's weaknesses were overdone because of the period for during which he played at this club, and the teams he was forced to play in. He's certainly no worse than Butt in my opinion and I think he is better than Shola, regardless of his goal "surge" earlier this year.

I dont see how being a striker and scoring no goals (which is a fact) is over-doing it. With all due respect Smith is worse than Butt and Ameobi, because at least they have some kind of form in which you could argue they bring something to the team. It goes without saying that Smith has offered us nothing other than giving away stupid free kicks and picking up yellow cards. Butts not shit, hes just past it. Smith isnt past anything other than being shit for most of his career.

I'm certain the issue of Smith is the same issue as most wank players. Once they get sold, we're all "Fuck yes! yesss!", then they do well for those their sold to and we'll be all "I said we never should have sold him, wank! fuck us!"

If Smith is still here after the Jan window then the only position he should be considered is defensive midfield. I know he's shit there but at least he can run up and down the pitch and keep up with play which is more than we can say for Butt. Given a choice of two crap players with no skill I'd go for the one with some legs.

If Smith is still here after the Jan window then the only position he should be considered is defensive midfield. I know he's s*** there but at least he can run up and down the pitch and keep up with play which is more than we can say for Butt. Given a choice of two crap players with no skill I'd go for the one with some legs.

I know I've been supporting Smith further up the page, but he is not a DM. The main job of a player in that position is to keep the ball. The best DMs in the world rarely if ever stupidly lose the ball. The best DM in our squad is definitely Geremi or Guthrie. Smith is probaly still ahead of Butt though, just as a player at this point.

Guest The German

he has made no goals

He has made 2 Assists last season to be honest. Give him another chance. He can be a real good one...

1 week of the window have pasted and can´t think of any interesting players we have been linked with!

I don´t expect anything this window....only bad things! we will probably sign a couple of players which our new manager dosen´t want after this season! Then we will have to get rid of 10 instead of 8 players :undecided:

If Smith is still here after the Jan window then the only position he should be considered is defensive midfield. I know he's s*** there but at least he can run up and down the pitch and keep up with play which is more than we can say for Butt. Given a choice of two crap players with no skill I'd go for the one with some legs.

I know I've been supporting Smith further up the page, but he is not a DM. The main job of a player in that position is to keep the ball. The best DMs in the world rarely if ever stupidly lose the ball. The best DM in our squad is definitely Geremi or Guthrie. Smith is probaly still ahead of Butt though, just as a player at this point.

Then what the hell is he? He doesn't create goals, hold up the ball well, bring others into play or even have attempts on goal. He shouts a lot, throws in incredibly reckless tackles and collects constant yellow cards. Like I said before he offers absolutely nothing to the team.

Remember when Mido first came to the Prem? in his first few games he looked a very good player, had a great work rate and a few on here were impressed. Yet now he just seems to be another player that cannot settle at a club for long.

although I do think Smith should be given a chance up front in front of Ameobi and Caroll

Have you been drinking?

Shola is a very flawed player, physically is in good shape but mentally has issues on the pitch. At his best he is still only mediocre, in my opinion. Ameobi can actually scores goals too, which is kind of a lot of what I look for in a forward.

That still makes him miles better than Alan Smith. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'd rather we played with 10 men if it meant we keep Smith off the grass.

I'd much rather Carroll, Xisco, and Ranger got in ahead of Smith as at least they have something to prove.

Guest toonlass

He had a good start to the season with Boro, I'd like to see him here although I do think Smith should be given a chance up front in front of Ameobi and Caroll

I would be disgusted to see him in a Newcastle shirt.