The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

He had a good start to the season with Boro, I'd like to see him here although I do think Smith should be given a chance up front in front of Ameobi and Caroll

I would be disgusted to see him in a Newcastle shirt.

Why?

He had a good start to the season with Boro, I'd like to see him here although I do think Smith should be given a chance up front in front of Ameobi and Caroll

Would you find it hard to swallow?

:spit:

Guest The Libertine

Mido would just be the new Smith. he'd have a good first month then be unfit and crap for the foreseeable.

might save £10k a week on wages though.

Guest toonlass

Why?

Mido, is over-rated, lazy, goes missing both on and off the park (disappeared to Egypt for over 3 weeks and Southgate hadn't a clue where he was) and is no better than what we already have here.

Guest Stephen927

Southgate just been on SSN there pretty much saying the Smith and Mido swap is one of a million suggestions he has had put forward to him.

Why?

Mido, is over-rated, lazy, goes missing both on and off the park (disappeared to Egypt for over 3 weeks and Southgate hadn't a clue where he was) and is no better than what we already have here.

He is better than Andy Carroll.

Why?

He's better than Smith and Carroll for starters.

Guest toonlass

Oh hilarious. You're quite slow aren't you, that's 3 months out of date!

Guest Jawesome

I'd boo him if he came here.

That would be a little counter productive, don't you think?

Nah, it would be very productive, especially if he fucked off after a couple of games.

Guest Stephen927

Nah, it would be very productive, especially if he f***ed off after a couple of games.

You can't play for 3 clubs in a year.  :angel:

He's a better target man than anyone we've got at the club at the moment, he's strong, good in the air, holds the ball up well and has good movement in the box.

The downside is he struggles with his fitness and when he loses interest he piles the weight on, as a straight swap for Smith i wouldn't think twice.

Guest Jawesome

Nah, it would be very productive, especially if he f***ed off after a couple of games.

You can't play for 3 clubs in a year.  :angel:

But you can be released by an infinite number of clubs.

Guest BooBoo

No Arda Turan links yet, there was such a buzz about him not to long ago..

I'd completely forgotten about him. Did he end up just staying in Turkey last summer?

Mido is an upgrade on Smith.

So for those reasons alone Id be ok with it. Not inspiring stuff but a definite upgrade.

He wouldn't cost a bomb like so we'd get plenty of bang for our buck, but his hamstring and groin can go off at any time so this transfer could easily blow up in our face.

So for those reasons alone Id be ok with it. Not inspiring stuff but a definite upgrade.

He wouldn't cost a bomb like so we'd get plenty of bang for our buck, but his hamstring and groin can go off at any time so this transfer could easily blow up in our face.

:boomboom:

Mido's got a bit of quality about him to be fair. Can put the ball in the net aswell which makes him an instant upgrade on the likes of Carroll and Smith. I'd be happy to take him on a short term deal.

Guest elbee909

He's be a shoe in with our (bomb) squad.  Keeping powder dry?

:lol: :thup: