The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/01/12/lovenkrands-in-on-trial-as-kinnear-targets-first-signing-61634-22670817/

Lovenkrands in on trial as Kinnear targets first signing

Jan 12 2009 by Luke Edwards, The Journal

NEWCASTLE United have confirmed Joe Kinnear is close to making his first signing as Magpies manager with Denmark international Peter Lovenkrands on Tyneside this morning.

The Journal revealed Newcastle’s interest in Lovenkrands on Saturday and the former Glasgow Rangers and Schalke forward will try to win a permanent contract by impressing Kinnear in training.

From the Times - Olivier Dacourt will be released by Inter Milan and has been offered to NUFC.

I didn't think he was still alive.

:lol: mid 30's aint he? waste of a wage right there..

Dacourt would be a canny player like, if it wasnt for Mourinho revolution Mancini would have played him.

Good enough for Inter, but not good enough for Newcastle, have we heard that before?

Dacourt would be a very good signing imo

Inter fans have great respect for Dacourt mind

Has he stull got the legs tho, no point in getting rid of Butt and Geremi and replacing them with anoher cripple.

Aye right..

http://www.fansfc.com/story/4655.html

Newcastle United keen on Distin reunion

10:00 AM 12 January, 2009

Newcastle United Football Club are keen to take Sylvain Distin this month.

The French defender enjoyed a successful loan spell at St James Park during the 2001/02 season, when he made 28 Premier League appearances.

United were keen to take him on a permanent deal from Paris St Germain that summer, but the player instead opted to sign for Manchester City.

Distin moved to Portsmouth when his contract expired in 2007, but reports are now suggesting the Magpies hope to take the 31-year-old back to Tyneside in a £3million deal this month.

Løvenkrands on trial...

Not good enough in my opinion...

He's fast and that's it...

But he's danish which is a positive thing for us danish fans, since it would create more attention about Newcastle in Denmark....

....rated him for a long time....but he is not good enough! can only play on the left wing. he is fast a shoots hard an thats about it!

...he is far from a place in the danish national team! we shouldn´t sign him!

Aye right..

The French defender enjoyed a successful loan spell at St James Park during the 2001/02 season, when he made 28 Premier League appearances.

United were keen to take him on a permanent deal from Paris St Germain that summer, but the player instead opted to sign for Manchester City.

Distin moved to Portsmouth when his contract expired in 2007, but reports are now suggesting the Magpies hope to take the 31-year-old back to Tyneside in a £3million deal this month.

smacks of desperation 3mil for a 31yr old,btw carlisle boards are claiming Westwood to us for 4mill and they want to keep Krul

Its RB, LB and CM we need to focus on not CBs.

Bannsong and Col first choice and Taylor as back up.

:lol:

Bannsong?!

Better that than Boumsong (shudder)

I would vote never to sign another Rangers player just on THAT signing alone

agree.. but I'm rather pessimistic on Kinnear identifying our blindingly obvious main weakness - midfield..

I bet we'll end up with a couple of average players - center back and a forward and we'll suffer even more, cause Kinnear would probably insist on playing them

:lol:

Bannsong?!

Better that than Boumsong (shudder)

I would vote never to sign another Rangers player just on THAT signing alone

Oops  ;D

Aye right..

smacks of desperation 3mil for a 31yr old,btw carlisle boards are claiming Westwood to us for 4mill and they want to keep Krul

I'd say £3m for the services of an experienced defender who can play CB or LB for the next 3 or 4 years is pretty good business.

Most central defenders peak around that age and he'd bring some much needed Premier League nouse alongside Colo and Bassong.