The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

When has it ever bee different though? Since the transfer window was brought in it's always been this mental rollercoaster of speculation and rumour.

Kinnear's comments make this one worse.

Like you aren't lapping it up.

Hopefully Kinnear means it as Edgar is in his comfort zone and he needs to start pushing himself more to improve and to earn a contract.

Will be a huge knock to the lads confidence anyway.

How is it going to knock Edgars Confidence ? The boy isnt deluded enough to think he is on a par with Beye.

Sporting titles and awards

Individual

Newcastle United Player of the Year: 2008

Club

Strasbourg

French Cup Winner: 2001

Marseille

French Cup Runner up (2): 2006, 2007

UEFA Cup Runner up: 2004

The only way it would knock Edgars confidence is if we brought someone in with less experience then Edgar. Its like saying Ameobi`s confidence is knocked everytime Owen is picked ahead of him.

Guest Brazilianbob

Kinnear is getting fed the same rubbish that KK got.  If you remember, KK was saying judge me after the transfer window shuts, because he had been fed the line that Schweinstieger was coming to replace Milner.  If we don't make any signings of note when the transfer window has finally slammed shut and we slip into the bottom three, I can see the fans eventually rioting if we suffer another humiliating thrashing at home by either Man U , Arsenal or Chelsea, and ripping out the seating at SJP in protest.

Kinnear is getting fed the same rubbish that KK got.  If you remember, KK was saying judge me after the transfer window shuts, because he had been fed the line that Schweinstieger was coming to replace Milner.  If we don't make any signings of note when the transfer window has finally slammed shut and we slip into the bottom three, I can see the fans eventually rioting if we suffer another humiliating thrashing at home by either Man U , Arsenal or Chelsea, and ripping out the seating at SJP in protest.

I'd wager it's squirrel Wise.  :knuppel2:

What ammuses me about all of this is that after Keegan left we got a statement from the club saying "It is a fact that Kevin Keegan agreed not to speak about transfers to the press".

So what exactly has changed to allow Joe Kinnear to spout every single detail of our attempted transfer dealings (including players position, height, nationality) at every opportunity?

Either it's all spoonfed to him or he's making it up. mackems.gif

Guest Mucky01

“We will have them (the potential loan signings) behind closed doors in a training game on Tuesday to see if they come up to scratch because we haven’t actually seen them play

how reassuring is that?!!! some scouting policy!

We will have them (the potential loan signings) behind closed doors in a training game on Tuesday to see if they come up to scratch because we havent actually seen them play

I should hope its just because Kinnear hasnt saw them, but you never know. You get the feeling that Kinnear doesn't really know what is going on and will end up with the players that Wise has found or have been suggested by Vetere.

“We will have them (the potential loan signings) behind closed doors in a training game on Tuesday to see if they come up to scratch because we haven’t actually seen them play

seems to mean hasn't seen them recently in order to know wether they'd be worth taking on........ie colo or even appiah as i haven't seen him play in about 18months.

Get some logic in your argument next time. Pretty sure that means they've not had a proper look at them, not that they've never seen them play. I'd rather have a focused look at a player I'm not sure about than rely on DVDs, scouting reports and previous matches where one couldn't keep such a close eye on a player.

Guest Mucky01

Get some logic in your argument next time. Pretty sure that means they've not had a proper look at them, not that they've never seen them play. I'd rather have a focused look at a player I'm not sure about than rely on DVDs, scouting reports and previous matches where one couldn't keep such a close eye on a player.

so I’ve not used any logic by questioning a baffling quote, but you can try and guess what JK actually stated and attempt to be patronising – hahaha!