The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

One of the papers has linked us with Quique Sánchez Flores coming in at the end of the season.

We could do a lot worse. Did alreet at Valencia and is top of the league with Benfica - hopefully bring Cardozo with him.

He'd be a fantastic choice compared to Kinnear. Can't see why he'd want to come here though.

Kinnear is a very poor manager, the shit is going to hit the fan for us very soon with him aswell, when we are stuck in the bottom 3 without a hope, at least he went 6 unbeaten in November and December :thup:

Joe Kinnear insists he is "proud" of his record at Newcastle - and claims the club can still have a "respectable" season.

The Toon boss is under pressure to deliver after owner Mike Ashley set him a target of finishing in the European qualifying places, saying: "What price a flutter on us reaching the top six?"

And sources in Spain claim that Newcastle are keeping their options open over Kinnear's future beyond this season, with Benfica boss Quique Sanchez Flores sounded out about the job.

The Newcastle boss has been in charge for three months, claiming four wins out of 14 games, and is desperate for an FA Cup run to lift the spirits.

Advertisement - article continues below »

The Geordies are two points above the drop zone and need January signings to relieve an injury crisis which has seen 10 first teamers struck down ahead of tomorrow's trip to Hull.

But the ex-Wimbledon manager said: "I'm proud of what we have achieved so far and I feel we can build on it.

"I am only looking ahead and only looking upwards, and I think we can get a respectable finish because this division is just so close."

Kinnear is considering a move for young Marseille full-back Taiye Taiwo and Blackburn defender Chris Samba, 24. But he also faces a battle with transfer chief Dennis Wise who will have to be persuaded to go for established players like Papa Bouba Diop on large fees.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/01/02/joe-kinnear-says-newcastle-could-reach-top-six-115875-21009762/

So he's proud of having us teetering 2 points off the relegation zone by New Year, with a squad boasting genuine quality like Michael Owen, Martins, Beye, Given, Nicky Butt, Jonas. The guy's a f***ing clown. How anyone can't be thoroughly f***ing sick of this utter muppet taking our team forward is beyond me. Makes me vom, the idea that this is the guy who is our current pioneer. He's a knob. And i know there's no one better and he's better than Hughton, blah blah blah, but i mean someone on here summed it up earlier on. "I think he's done a better job than any of us could." Oh right, that's alright then, thank f*** we didn't appoint a total amateur from an internet message board with no footballing experience whatsoever. We'd really be in the s*** then.

Funny thing is Keegan had a similar record at the end of last season and most seen it as being great.

Spot on baggio.

Can't see why everyone is being so fucking ungrateful.

Guest BooBoo

Kinnear is a very poor manager, the shit is going to hit the fan for us very soon with him aswell, when we are stuck in the bottom 3 without a hope, at least he went 6 unbeaten in November and December :thup:

Oh shut up man.

Oh shut up man.

:lol:

Joe Kinnear insists he is "proud" of his record at Newcastle - and claims the club can still have a "respectable" season.

The Toon boss is under pressure to deliver after owner Mike Ashley set him a target of finishing in the European qualifying places, saying: "What price a flutter on us reaching the top six?"

And sources in Spain claim that Newcastle are keeping their options open over Kinnear's future beyond this season, with Benfica boss Quique Sanchez Flores sounded out about the job.

The Newcastle boss has been in charge for three months, claiming four wins out of 14 games, and is desperate for an FA Cup run to lift the spirits.

The Geordies are two points above the drop zone and need January signings to relieve an injury crisis which has seen 10 first teamers struck down ahead of tomorrow's trip to Hull.

But the ex-Wimbledon manager said: "I'm proud of what we have achieved so far and I feel we can build on it.

"I am only looking ahead and only looking upwards, and I think we can get a respectable finish because this division is just so close."

Kinnear is considering a move for young Marseille full-back Taiye Taiwo and Blackburn defender Chris Samba, 24. But he also faces a battle with transfer chief Dennis Wise who will have to be persuaded to go for established players like Papa Bouba Diop on large fees.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/01/02/joe-kinnear-says-newcastle-could-reach-top-six-115875-21009762/

So he's proud of having us teetering 2 points off the relegation zone by New Year, with a squad boasting genuine quality like Michael Owen, Martins, Beye, Given, Nicky Butt, Jonas. The guy's a f***ing clown. How anyone can't be thoroughly f***ing sick of this utter muppet taking our team forward is beyond me. Makes me vom, the idea that this is the guy who is our current pioneer. He's a knob. And i know there's no one better and he's better than Hughton, blah blah blah, but i mean someone on here summed it up earlier on. "I think he's done a better job than any of us could." Oh right, that's alright then, thank f*** we didn't appoint a total amateur from an internet message board with no footballing experience whatsoever. We'd really be in the s*** then.

Funny thing is Keegan had a similar record at the end of last season and most seen it as being great.

Spot on baggio.

Ungrateful?

Guest BooBoo

Spot on baggio.

Its staggering really. You'd honestly think we were Derby mark II.

KK leaving us in the shit, gave us few options and JK has given us some decent results. When Keegan was getting wopped last season off Liverpool and Man Utd people were falling over themselves to kiss his arse and make excuses for him.

Spot on baggio.

Ungrateful?

Guest BooBoo

Oh shut up man.

:lol:

O0

I couldnt think of anything better!

Spot on baggio.

Its staggering really. You'd honestly think we were Derby mark II.

KK leaving us in the shit, gave us few options and JK has given us some decent results. When Keegan was getting wopped last season off Liverpool and Man Utd people were falling over themselves to kiss his arse and make excuses for him.

People had faith in the manager to turn it round, there's a difference.

Spot on baggio.

Can't see why everyone is being so f***ing ungrateful.

Ungrateful?

So who else would have come to save us? Fucking superman? Fuck no.

Fact is kinnear had the bollocks to go for the job, where as many, many cunts turned it down. He was what, 17th choice? What else do you fucking expect?

Guest icemanblue

Spot on baggio.

Ungrateful?

Fact is kinnear had the bollocks to go for the job, where as many, many cunts turned it down. He was what, 17th choice? What else do you fucking expect?

So, why exactly should we be grateful?

Spot on baggio.

Ungrateful?

So who else would have come to save us? f***ing superman? f*** no.

Fact is kinnear had the bollocks to go for the job, where as many, many c***s turned it down. He was what, 17th choice? What else do you f***ing expect?

Because it could have been much worse. A bit of Denis Wise? I'm sure you'd all love that :lol:

Spot on baggio.

Ungrateful?

Whilst i am appreciative of Kinnear coming in and helping is out, this is just another total get-out for him. Anyone who can't see that he's come in for his own personal gain is absolutely deluded; Kinnear said himself he'd be an idiot not to take it, and he's fucking right. Out of the game for four years, totally dead and buried, now he's got a chance at Newcastle. I don't resent him for that btw, not at all - i'd have done exactly the same - but the fact that it's being used as an excuse for him grates on me.

I'm not ungrateful in the slightest, that's just cobblers and you're trying to tell me how i do and don't feel. Just cos we're in a shit situation and Kinnear is doing us a favour by simply being here, doesn't mean i'm not allowed to think he's a shit manager. His comments wind me up and that's what happened earlier on there.

Btw, i don't think we'll go down.

Spot on baggio.

Ungrateful?

Fact is kinnear had the bollocks to go for the job, where as many, many c***s turned it down. He was what, 17th choice? What else do you f***ing expect?

How about Descamps & Zico who both expressed an interest. Oh yeah.. and that Turkish coach, what was his name?

Kinnear owes us if anything. Without us what other club would have brought him back into management? We may be in the shits now and over the last few seasons but not too long ago who used to be a massive club in the champions league, UEFA and we've consistently had world class players over the last 10-15 years. He'll never get the chance to manage a club as big as this again, even if we are looking an absolute state right now.

Spot on baggio.

Ungrateful?

Whilst i am appreciative of Kinnear coming in and helping is out, this is just another total get-out for him. Anyone who can't see that he's come in for his own personal gain is absolutely deluded; Kinnear said himself he'd be an idiot not to take it, and he's f***ing right. Out of the game for four years, totally dead and buried, now he's got a chance at Newcastle. I don't resent him for that btw, not at all - i'd have done exactly the same - but the fact that it's being used as an excuse for him grates on me.

I'm not ungrateful in the slightest, that's just cobblers and you're trying to tell me how i do and don't feel. Just cos we're in a s*** situation and Kinnear is doing us a favour by simply being here, doesn't mean i'm not allowed to think he's a s*** manager. His comments wind me up and that's what happened earlier on there.

Btw, i don't think we'll go down.

Aye he is fairly shit, but he has done fairly well IMO. Turned the corner when we were getting mauled week in, week out. As long as we stay up, he has done well, all things considered.

One of the papers has linked us with Quique Sánchez Flores coming in at the end of the season.

We could do a lot worse. Did alreet at Valencia and is top of the league with Benfica - hopefully bring Cardozo with him.

He had 2 good seasons with Valencia but I don't know why he struggled before he got sacked.

Doing well at Benfica apparently, Reyes has been really good for them.

Spot on baggio.

Ungrateful?

How about Descamps & Zico who both expressed an interest. Oh yeah.. and that Turkish coach, what was his name?

Kinnear owes us if anything. Without us what other club would have brought him back into management? We may be in the shits now and over the last few seasons but not too long ago who used to be a massive club in the champions league, UEFA and we've consistently had world class players over the last 10-15 years. He'll never get the chance to manage a club as big as this again, even if we are looking an absolute state right now.

You think those managers would have come here, in that time, under that climate?

Guest icemanblue

Spot on baggio.

Ungrateful?

Because it could have been much worse. A bit of Denis Wise? I'm sure you'd all love that :lol:

'You'd all' refers to who exactly? No, I wouldn't have loved that, for the same reason that I don't love Kinnear. They're both shit managers.

I'm still not entirely sure how 'it could have been worse' can be seen as a reason to be grateful to a man that has done very little.

Spot on baggio.

Ungrateful?

Precisely, Fatwax. Again - i don't resent him for that, he got offered the job and he'd be an idiot not to take it. But this whole thing about him coming in out of the good of his heart, how we should be oh so thankful to him for doing so... nah i'm not going along with that at all. He owes us, like you say. We were going to get someone and we just had to see how we'd do. Not great - it's just about passable and he's managed some decent results - but to say he's proud of what he's achieved so far sounds a bit iffy to me.

Spot on baggio.

Ungrateful?

'You'd all' refers to who exactly? No, I wouldn't have loved that, for the same reason that I don't love Kinnear. They're both s*** managers.

I'm still not entirely sure how 'it could have been worse' can be seen as a reason to be grateful to a man that has done very little.

Bit like keegan in his second spell then.

Spot on baggio.

Ungrateful?

You think those managers would have come here, in that time, under that climate?

Zico is managing a club a team in  Uzbekistan. As for Dider still unemployed. So aye both would of come & still would imo.

Guest icemanblue

Spot on baggio.

Ungrateful?

'You'd all' refers to who exactly? No, I wouldn't have loved that, for the same reason that I don't love Kinnear. They're both s*** managers.

What are you going on about?

Spot on baggio.

Ungrateful?

Difference is that Keegan brought us into the premiership and kept us up. He also saved us from falling into the 3rd tier of football in his first season. He may not have set many fires in his second spell but for what he's done I'll always respect Keegan much more than Joe Kinnear who will never achieve the kind of league finishes that Keegan did.