The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

He's played like 15 times for Liverpool this season.  Why would he want to come here?

Many of those starts? I haven't seen that much of him this year, thought he was mainly a bench warmer.

Guest Howaythetoon
"I'm proud of what we have achieved so far and I feel we can build on it." - Joe Kinnear

You have achieved absolutely nothing so far Joe and if you're proud of your poor-to-average record as manager of Newcastle United thus far it is no wonder Shay Given, a player with exceptionally high standards, appears to be wanting out if this is how you define success. Of the 14 matches so far only two performances were acceptable, away to both Chelsea and Portsmouth. The rest have been a mixed bag of crap and unease to witness and I include the wins over Aston Villa, Tottenham and most notably West Bromwich Albion at home in that. Wins wise you have only managed a mere 4 victories in your time here despite playing a number of teams of lesser or equal ability and in a good number of those games failed to clinch success from winning positions. This is nothing to be proud of Joe. In fact you ought to be fairly embarrassed and angry with the majority of performances your side has put in under you and the megre points total that has since followed your arrival, like the anger and embarrassment you so often demonstrably display towards the media and match day officials. Perhaps if you did, we would perform much better and collect more points. But then I suppose after years of managing dross and fighting relegation battles I suppose this is living the high life to you. Not to me it ain't, it's f***ing awful to watch, painful to see and simply not good enough. Must do better - make it a new years resolution along with no more spouting absolute nonsense to the media.

"I'm proud of what we have achieved so far and I feel we can build on it." - Joe Kinnear

You have achieved absolutely nothing so far Joe and if you're proud of your poor-to-average record as manager of Newcastle United thus far it is no wonder Shay Given, a player with exceptionally high standards, appears to be wanting out if this is how you define success.

He's come into a very unstable club, and steadied the ship in many respects. Yes the performances haven't been great and plenty of mistakes have been made but he could easily have done worse. It feels awkward saying this after the Liverpool game but he does deserve some credit and it's a shame you won't give him that.

You have achieved absolutely nothing so far Joe and if you're proud of your poor-to-average record as manager of Newcastle United thus far it is no wonder Shay Given, a player with exceptionally high standards, appears to be wanting out if this is how you define success.

He's come into a very unstable club, and steadied the ship in many respects. Yes the performances haven't been great and plenty of mistakes have been made but he could easily have done worse. It feels awkward saying this after the Liverpool game but he does deserve some credit and it's a shame you won't give him that.

I agree with that.  :thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

He is being paid a fortune to win games and make correct decisions which he isn't exactly doing very well at is he, so he doesn't deserve any credit or won't get any for me anyway. He deserves respect and support because he's the manager of our club and he'll get that for me, especially the former, but he hasn't achieved anything worthy of any credit or high praise.

He hasn't steadied any ship either as its still in choppy waters with some of the crew willing to jump overboard and find their own way to safety that's how choppy it is.

I will (and have) credit him where credit is due, i.e. the Chelsea and Portsmouth results and performances, but in general his record which he claims to be proud of is poor-to-average irrespective, which I'm not going to start praising just for the sake of it because the circumstances aren't too great or because no-one else was seemingly interested in the job.

He is being paid a fortune to win games and make correct decisions which he isn't exactly doing very well at is he, so he doesn't deserve any credit or won't get any for me anyway. He deserves respect and support because he's the manager of our club and he'll get that for me, especially the former, but he hasn't achieved anything worthy of any credit or high praise.

He hasn't steadied any ship either as its still in choppy waters with some of the crew willing to jump overboard and find their own way to safety.

I will credit him where credit is due, i.e. the Chelsea and Portsmouth results and performances, but in general his record which he claims to be proud of is poor-to-average irrespective, which I'm not going to start praising just for the sake of it because the circumstances aren't too great or because no-one else was seemingly interested in the job.

Funny how you were full of praise for Keegan last season even though their records are similar.

Guest LucaAltieri

He hasn't steadied any ship either as its still in choppy waters with some of the crew willing to jump overboard and find their own way to safety that's how choppy it is.

I will (and have) credit him where credit is due, i.e. the Chelsea and Portsmouth results and performances, but in general his record which he claims to be proud of is poor-to-average irrespective, which I'm not going to start praising just for the sake of it because the circumstances aren't too great or because no-one else was seemingly interested in the job.

Lowest paid manager in the league, isn't he?

Guest fraser

He hasn't steadied any ship either as its still in choppy waters with some of the crew willing to jump overboard and find their own way to safety.

I will credit him where credit is due, i.e. the Chelsea and Portsmouth results and performances, but in general his record which he claims to be proud of is poor-to-average irrespective, which I'm not going to start praising just for the sake of it because the circumstances aren't too great or because no-one else was seemingly interested in the job.

Funny how you were full of praise for Keegan last season even though their records are similar.

His main mistake was against Liverpool in persisting with 442 when we couldn't cope with their midfield but we'd still have been outplayed by a team at the top of its form, confident and well-coached (after three seasons of stability!). He's done a good job other than that; the defeat against Wigan was entirely down to players underperforming or being played injured, neither of which I consider JFK's fault on that occasion. An easier home match after Wigan may have righted the boat.

Indeed he is. He's on fuck all apparently compared to even the second lowest paid manager in the league.

Indeed he is. He's on fuck all apparently compared to even the second lowest paid manager in the league.

What is he on

a hiding to nothing.

I often wonder where we'd be if he'd turned the job down and Hughton had still been in charge of the first team.  ???

Top 6. 

Of the championship.

We'd have been so bad that they'd have given special dispensation to relegate us before Christmas.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Indeed he is. He's on f*** all apparently compared to even the second lowest paid manager in the league.

What is he on

10k per week apparantly

Cant see Brown, Pulis, Adams, Mowbray, Megson or Spragia being on much more

Indeed he is. He's on f*** all apparently compared to even the second lowest paid manager in the league.

What is he on

10k per week apparantly

How do you know any of that?

Guest Howaythetoon

I often wonder where we'd be if he'd turned the job down and Hughton had still been in charge of the first team.  ???

Or the owner actually took some responsibility and sought to quickly end supporter tension by appointing a capable manager to replace KK, rather than playing the victim card and throwing his toys out of the pram and pushing us further into turmoil.

Regarding your question, another Joe Kinnear would have been found or maybe Ashley would have been forced to take responsibility and appoint a capable manager to fully replace KK.

Why should I be grateful an unemployed manager accepted a well paying job offer.

Guest Slippery Sam

What is he on

a hiding to nothing.

Exactly, Midds.

I feel sorry for the bloke. Of course he jumped at the job - who wouldn't have, in his position? The club are in a mess with a dismal squad yet some folk expect nothing other than miracles from him.

Guest Howaythetoon

Joe Kinnear's salary will also include bonuses should certain conditions be met.

As for 10K a week... don't know how they survive.

Guest LucaAltieri

What is he on

10k per week apparantly

How do you know any of that?

There was an article floating around a couple of weeks ago. Having trouble finding it at the moment. Kinnear was the lowest paid by a long way if I remember right.

Or the owner actually took some responsibility and sought to quickly end supporter tension by appointing a capable manager to replace KK, rather than playing the victim card and throwing his toys out of the pram and pushing us further into turmoil.

Regarding your question, another Joe Kinnear would have been found or maybe Ashley would have been forced to take responsibility and appoint a capable manager to fully replace KK.

Why should I be grateful an unemployed manager accepted a well paying job offer.

Who? Who would have taken the job? Who should Ashley have contacted first?