Are we watching the same team?

Guest Heneage

Guest Heneage

Just today, I got thinking ( I know begin to panic) are we seeing what JK Hughton and the coaches are seeing. Butt performing poorly 3rd game in a row, Geremi looking slower, Ameobi fading from a game towards the end, Bassong not looking comfortable at left back and Duff lacking any real potency up top.

Yet still we push the same XI 3rd game in a row. And being realistic its likely to be that on Tuesday, but why? Do managers not sit and think about changing things, trying N'zogbia on the left with Martins up top and Xisco along side. It just seems that our recent managers are devoid of inginiuity and the ability to see potential change within an XI, now we have Jonas back and Barton both looking very fit, and being realistic strides ahead of Butt Guthrie and Duff, but whats to say come Tuesday all three of them start ?

Do you reckon they are seeing things we aren't?

Just today, I got thinking ( I know begin to panic) are we seeing what JK Hughton and the coaches are seeing. Butt performing poorly 3rd game in a row, Geremi looking slower, Ameobi fading from a game towards the end, Bassong not looking comfortable at left back and Duff lacking any real potency up top.

Yet still we push the same XI 3rd game in a row. And being realistic its likely to be that on Tuesday, but why? Do managers not sit and think about changing things, trying N'zogbia on the left with Martins up top and Xisco along side. It just seems that our recent managers are devoid of inginiuity and the ability to see potential change within an XI, now we have Jonas back and Barton both looking very fit, and being realistic strides ahead of Butt Guthrie and Duff, but whats to say come Tuesday all three of them start ?

Do you reckon they are seeing things we aren't?

Am I allowed to say that Keegan was making these errors last season but then completely changed it around. Or have we been there before?

The previous two games we'd battled to decent points, that's why.

Tbf if Kinnear had changed the starting eleven and the result was the same people would be having a go for not keeping a 'performing' team together. He can't win on this front.

Tbf if Kinnear had changed the starting eleven and the result was the same people would be having a go for not keeping a 'performing' team together. He can't win on this front.

Agree completely.

I'd never have a go at anyone for dropping Duff tbf.

I'd never have a go at anyone for dropping Duff tbf.

;D

Guest Heneage

But would we though mate.

Butt gave away penalty at Everton and was poor against City, the pair in midfield lack any muscle or clout bar daft yellow cards. Duff just stupid shuttle runs of 5 yards then passes back. I guess the true test will come Tuesday.

I knew this would happen with Duff and one or two others, shame it took such a massive game for the penny to drop. Can't blame Kinnear for starting this eleven but there are some players in that team I really don't want to see in a Newcastle shirt again unless we have a chronic injury crisis.

Guest Washington_Mag

was martins as bad as the radio guys made him out to be today?

Had to chase Nicky Butt's long, over hit, diagonal balls or try or compete for scraps from Shola's flick ons. Looked lively when he had the ball.

Duff was a fucking disgrace to the shirt today, though.

Hoofing long balls to martins and shola, both of them  cant control a ball.    So the ball keeps coming back.  Subs should have been on earlier.  Shola missed that great chance early on in the second half, we also seemed happy to let them play.  Tactics were wrong for me.

Hoofing long balls to martins and shola, both of them  cant control a ball.    So the ball keeps coming back.  Subs should have been on earlier.  Shola missed that great chance early on in the second half, we also seemed happy to let them play.  Tactics were wrong for me.

Good post, agree with all of it. :thup:

The long ball stuff was eerily reminiscent of the same fixture last season.

For once I'm actually not trying to go on about it but it was in stark contrast to the stuff Keegan had us playing. Bet Oba didn't have to challenge for as many long punts in 6 months under KK as he did today. Having said that it must be tempting to try and bypass that wank midfield.