What do you really see happening?

Guest Heneage

Guest Heneage

From now to February 1st?

Do you see us getting an owner, possibly this brother of the Man City owner, and spending £30m in January buying some much needed talent?

Do you see it dragging on and us getting an average owner that will spend little?

Or like me do you not have the faintest idea of whats going to happen?

Guest Stephen927

We're in a position whereby if we do have new owners and they do choose to invest in January, we're going to have to end up paying over the odds on players who clubs will not want to lose mid-season and so their price will escalate even higher than the already inflated prices.

I hope against hope we do have new owners soon and a new manager who has time to settle into the job, time to assess the squad to see who is up to the job and which positions we need to invest in.

Worst case scenario Ashley stays, and no further investment is made in January. I can't see him flogging any players in January because if worst comes to worse and we're still in the bottom three then, it would be even more harmful to his investment to try and sell a club in a serious relegation battle with a few players light from January.

The longer we struggle the harder we'll be to sell. If we're in the bottom 3 come Christmas some potential buyers will drop out and hope to get us on the cheap in May when we're a Championship club. However....if we go down we'll lose so much I can't see anybdoy wanting to buy the remainders

I reckon we'll get new owners but they will be a rag tag bunch of dodgy bastards who have fuck all bar a couple of million to spend.

Sad to say, but its on the cards. This is after all NUFC, where disaster strikes with alarming regularity.

Guest LucaAltieri

If Ashley wants to sell for a decent price then it's in his interest to ensure we stay up, even if that means he has to invest in January. The benefits would far outweigh the cost.