Mike Ashley Second Chance Saloon

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The man doesn't want a second chance, he wants to get out, he was only ever interested in making money & he's trying to do it against a back drop of global recession. His worst nightmare is having to keep the club 'cos that will mean he has some hard decisions to make about his set up which he must now see as being idealistic but practically wrong.

Did he tell you all that or are you just assuming it to suit your beliefs?

He didn't write said press release to be fair. He might well have agreed with everything said on it mind.

He was in America at the time.

I know, that's why I said that. I was under the impression Llambias did it.

Guest The Libertine

No because even if he did promise investment he's already proven that he's not one to be trusted.

keegan likewise.

This topic's about Mike Ashley btw. By all means continue with your digs at Keegan though if you want.

ashley is in the s*** partly because keegan is untrustworthy. very relevant, especially when some people want keegan back.

I trust Kevin Keegan a darn sight more than I ever will Mike Ashley.

:thup:

keegan took us to second in the league.

ashley took us to second bottom of the league.

where do people prefer to be.?

how does that make any sense?

No because even if he did promise investment he's already proven that he's not one to be trusted.

keegan likewise.

This topic's about Mike Ashley btw. By all means continue with your digs at Keegan though if you want.

ashley is in the s*** partly because keegan is untrustworthy. very relevant, especially when some people want keegan back.

try reading it again,

some people were trying to turn this thread into ashley/ keegan thread, again,... i simply point out where each of these blokes has been able to get us to, so  take your pick, 2nd...2nd bottom.

Guest The Libertine

keegan likewise.

try reading it again,

some people were trying to turn this thread into ashley/ keegan thread, again,... i simply point out where each of these blokes has been able to get us to, so  take your pick, 2nd...2nd bottom.

13 years ago though. pointless comparison in so many ways.

keegan likewise.

try reading it again,

It doesn't make sense because for periods last season we were pretty low under him as well. Now we're 15th, you could point out that's where Kinnear has managed to get us.

keegan likewise.

try reading it again,

At the end of the day it's who you feel would do right by the club. I feel that is obviously Keegan due to his history with us, whereas Ashley to me has proven the exact opposite. Others feel different which is their opinion at the end of the day.

keegan likewise.

try reading it again,

It doesn't make sense because for periods last season we were pretty low under him as well. Now we're 15th, you could point out that's where Kinnear has managed to get us.

Its a Fact, under Keegan we finnished second.

Its a fact under ashleys regime we will not finnish as high as second.

keegan likewise.

try reading it again,

It's a fact that that was well over a decade ago.

It is a fact that you don't know what the future holds.

For the record holding Keegan with higher esteem than you do Ashley is fine with me and is a stance I more or less agree with. I just don't think your analogy is a very good one.

I know, that's why I said that. I was under the impression Llambias did it.

Apart from that, does anybody know anything else that he's done?  He was photographed at the training ground when he first took over but I can't think of anything else.

keegan likewise.

try reading it again,

It's a fact that that was well over a decade ago.

It is a fact that you don't know what the future holds.

For the record holding Keegan with higher esteem than you do Ashley is fine with me and is a stance I more or less agree with. I just don't think your analogy is a very good one.

i wasnt me who made this a keegan/ ashley thread, i just pointed out what i think would be achieved by either one....

keegan i rekon with backing would get you champions league football.

ashley not backing his manager will get you relegated,....   in my opinion.

you decide for yourself,...btw,...i dont give a sh!t.

keegan likewise.

try reading it again,

At the end of the day it's who you feel would do right by the club. I feel that is obviously Keegan due to his history with us, whereas Ashley to me has proven the exact opposite. Others feel different which is their opinion at the end of the day.

But how has he done right by the club by walking out at possilby the worst time? Theres nothing thats happened to him that hasnt happened to SBr but he didnt walk out - now thats the true measure of love for a club, he worked round it.

keegan likewise.

try reading it again,

But how has he done right by the club by walking out at possilby the worst time? Theres nothing thats happened to him that hasnt happened to SBr but he didnt walk out - now thats the true measure of love for a club, he worked round it.

here we go again,.... if it took keegan walking to force the issue with Ashley, then this is the best thing for the club,....bring it to a head, the alternative in my eyes, would have been a slow long drawn out slide with little or no investment.

or on the other hand,..ashley was only ever in it for a quick profit, and keegan has again helped moved things along.

Good on ya Kev, good thing your not one to just sit around and pick up your wages,. good on you , that your a man of principle.

Guest optimistic nit

you sound like a 6 year old child.

we have to do whats best for the club, if the fans can't, who can?

How so? The man has proven that he's a complete liar. FACT as his press releases would say.

Mike Ashley to me isn't what's best for the club. He's proven that already.

but what if we have no choice? it could be that no one wants to buy the club. we will then have a choice between boycott and no boycott, but what would be the point of boycotting when we cant get him out anyway? we may have no choice, and he's not the devil you paint him as.

keegan likewise.

try reading it again,

here we go again,.... if it took keegan walking to force the issue with Ashley, then this is the best thing for the club,....bring it to a head, the alternative in my eyes, would have been a slow long drawn out slide with little or no investment.

or on the other hand,..ashley was only ever in it for a quick profit, and keegan has again helped moved things along.

Good on ya Kev, good thing your not one to just sit around and pick up your wages,. good on you , that your a man of principle.

:lol:

Tad over the top, but each to their own i suppose.  :thup:

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

I would have respected Sir Bobby a lot more if he'd told Fat Fred to fuck off and that he wouldn't accept players bought and sold behind his back. Look where his 'love of the club' got him. Humiliatingly sacked.

If he did the following i'd consider it:

a) Made a full public apopgy admitting he got it wrong

b) Bring back Chris Mort

c) Sacked Wise

d) brought in a top drawer manager

e) backed the manager in the market with a decent amount of funds. Doesn't have to be huge, just Villa-esque.

I think thats fair enough..

i'd go along with this. i'd still be skeptical until he actually delivered but id give him the benefit of the doubt.

he's already had a chance to do this tho and preferred to put the club up for sale.

same here, I'd want to believe but wouldn't until I saw it.

Lad I know [who is registered on here] I was chatting to before the match last night, who was always anti shepherd, actually said to me he'd have him back too now

;D

Food for thought.........

Guest elbee909

If he did the following i'd consider it:

a) Made a full public apopgy admitting he got it wrong

b) Bring back Chris Mort

c) Sacked Wise

d) brought in a top drawer manager

e) backed the manager in the market with a decent amount of funds. Doesn't have to be huge, just Villa-esque.

I think thats fair enough..

i'd go along with this. i'd still be skeptical until he actually delivered but id give him the benefit of the doubt.

he's already had a chance to do this tho and preferred to put the club up for sale.

same here, I'd want to believe but wouldn't until I saw it.

Lad I know [who is registered on here] I was chatting to before the match last night, who was always anti shepherd, actually said to me he'd have him back too now

;D

Food for thought.........

You've groomed him! ;)

Very suprised that 68% would forgive, after some of the stick us Ashley lovers have taken on here.

Encouraging though, maybe our fans aren't beyond help after all!

yeah, 95 want him back, that leaves about,..erm....50,000ish who dont.

you sound like a 6 year old child.

we have to do whats best for the club, if the fans can't, who can?

How so? The man has proven that he's a complete liar. FACT as his press releases would say.

Mike Ashley to me isn't what's best for the club. He's proven that already.

but what if we have no choice? it could be that no one wants to buy the club. we will then have a choice between boycott and no boycott, but what would be the point of boycotting when we cant get him out anyway? we may have no choice, and he's not the devil you paint him as.

I'll still support the club, but not Mike Ashley. It's as simple as that. Ashley doesn't deserve my support as far as I'm concerned.

I would have respected Sir Bobby a lot more if he'd told Fat Fred to f*** off and that he wouldn't accept players bought and sold behind his back. Look where his 'love of the club' got him. Humiliatingly sacked.

2 things with this - at the end of the day he did right by the club and we know what a bad decision it was to sack him so his stubborness was justified.

The other more interesting point is how Shepherds role has been renedered less significant....its exactly the same thing that has happened here, maybe even worse but the outcry is 20 times worse and i cant fathom why.