No Jobs for Sam

Guest BooBoo

He had concocted a losing formula with us, and was far too proud, arrogant and conceited to have changed things aroud. The man would not even entertain the notion that his teams played long ball football, claiming it was just a misconception and that his teams play no more long balls than e.g. ManU (all we ever did under him was punt it long to our midget strike force). Alan Smith started a game or two short of every match under Big Sam, despite his shocking form all season long, and he'd have stayed up front breaking down all our moves and helping the opposition out with bad tackles had Keegan not come in and dropped him immediately, as Big Sam was far too proud to acknowledge a failed transfer.

I'm pretty sure therefore that we would have been relegated under Big Sam, because we were losing or drawing against the shit teams during that awful first half of a season in our bid to achieve a draw at best in each game, and had a very hard fixture list for the remaining half of the season.

He had concocted a losing formula with us, and was far too proud, arrogant and conceited to have changed things aroud. The man would not even entertain the notion that his teams played long ball football, claiming it was just a misconception and that his teams play no more long balls than e.g. ManU (all we ever did under him was punt it long to our midget strike force). Alan Smith started a game or two short of every match under Big Sam, despite his shocking form all season long, and he'd have stayed up front breaking down all our moves and helping the opposition out with bad tackles had Keegan not come in and dropped him immediately, as Big Sam was far too proud to acknowledge a failed transfer.

I'm pretty sure therefore that we would have been relegated under Big Sam, because we were losing or drawing against the s*** teams during that awful first half of a season in our bid to achieve a draw at best in each game, and had a very hard fixture list for the remaining half of the season.

I agree, the best thing we did in respect to Allardyce was get rid of him when we did.

I cant believe there are any of our fans left who thought we would have stayed up last season under him.

Sadly it looks as though we have only had a one season reprieve the way things are shaping up.

Constantly Firing the ball up the field towards Owen and / or Martins at head height vs defenders a foot taller than them.  Charlie on the right and Milner on the left.  Geremi at right back with no cover in front of him vs Liverpool.  4-3-3 - more like 9-0-1. (even the non-tatician Keegan managed to show the master tactician how to play this formation with the resources at hand).  Spunking 12 million pound on Alan Smith and a left full back that he wouldn't play.

The biggest reason for his massive failure here was his inability to get out of the negative and occaisional bully boy tactics that had worked well for him in the past, even though the personnel that he had available to him were clearly not cut out for his style of play.  The only thing that kept us up last year was Keegan's last throw of the dice ATTACKING 4-3-3 with Owen dropping deep.  I dread to think what formation Allerdyce would have come up with when he was down to his last fit ten players.

In the minority here, but I personally dont understand all the Big Sam hate. He did well for us and maybe the football wasnt the most attractive - but has it really been good since?? We've had some shocking runs of form since he's gone (ok, the 3 month one last year began with him) and I can't help feeling we'd have been better off sticking by him....especially now. What I'd give for stability.....

How did he do well for us?  Serious question.

All he did IMO was make people dread watching the team as well as dragging us down towards relegation.  I'd say that the time Allardyce was here is the only time as a Newcastle fan were I've been made to feel utterly hopeless about the team, as if we had no chance what so ever of winning a game.

Also yes the Football has been far more attractive since he's gone, but then the ball being passed successfully from one player to the other once on the ground is enough to make the Football more attractive then under Allardyce.

He's an arrogant, fat headed cunt.  He thinks he's greatest thing since sliced fucking bread because of what he did at Bolton, but when he came here he was shown up for the 1 trick pony he is.  Playing for 1-0 wins at home and 0-0 draws away.  After that defeat at Derby I don't understand how anyone can not hate him.

I dont really think someone losing a match gives cause to hate someone!  :nope:

I very much doubt he hates Allardyce because of one result.  No doubt he hates him because of how he made the team play in that game and how indicative it was of his entire time here.

In the minority here, but I personally dont understand all the Big Sam hate. He did well for us and maybe the football wasnt the most attractive - but has it really been good since?? We've had some shocking runs of form since he's gone (ok, the 3 month one last year began with him) and I can't help feeling we'd have been better off sticking by him....especially now. What I'd give for stability.....

How did he do well for us?  Serious question.

All he did IMO was make people dread watching the team as well as dragging us down towards relegation.  I'd say that the time Allardyce was here is the only time as a Newcastle fan were I've been made to feel utterly hopeless about the team, as if we had no chance what so ever of winning a game.

Also yes the Football has been far more attractive since he's gone, but then the ball being passed successfully from one player to the other once on the ground is enough to make the Football more attractive then under Allardyce.

Yeh but where's that got us?? 2nd bottom. Quick question, would you rather win ugly and stay in the Premiership or suffer the embarrassment and disaster of relegation but at least we could say "well we played pretty football"? Its a results business and we were getting them. Last season was one of our best starts to the season in recent memory and when he left we were 11th iirc. Comparing to last season, I'd much prefer the 2nd November last year.

We've been losing to the likes of Reading, Derby, Wigan and Sheff Utd for several years now so it wasnt just a Big Sam thing. I'm not gonna defend him to the grave, I just believe that he isnt Satan himself and if people sat back at looked at the situation objectively, theyd realise he was doing well for the club.

I have every faith that our fans will give anyone all the time in the world so long as they appear to be attempting to play decent attacking football and make, on the whole, understandable team selections, transfers etc. Its not a great deal to ask.

Sam in general didnt do any of the above and therefore received the expected criticism

Some fans were booing him after the 0-0 against Villa, our first home game of the season.

The opinion that only Keegan or Shearer would get time is sad but true.

Guest Heneage

I have every faith that our fans will give anyone all the time in the world so long as they appear to be attempting to play decent attacking football and make, on the whole, understandable team selections, transfers etc. Its not a great deal to ask.

Sam in general didnt do any of the above and therefore received the expected criticism

Some fans were booing him after the 0-0 against Villa, our first home game of the season.

Bullshit. Thats the view of the media that liken us to the fools outside the ground protesting. Sams tactics were his downfall 4-5-1 away to Reading, Smith in DM against the Mackems, its decisions like that, he tried to play us like Bolton our playing staff were nothing like that at Bolton.

Bullshit. Thats the view of the media that liken us to the fools outside the ground protesting. Sams tactics were his downfall 4-5-1 away to Reading, Smith in DM against the Mackems, its decisions like that, he tried to play us like Bolton our playing staff were nothing like that at Bolton.

As I've said, fans were booing him after the first home game of the season.

If it wasn't Keegan that took over in January and we went on the same shit run that we did do you think the fans would have been as patient?

Guest Heneage

If it wasn't Keegan that took over in January and we went on the same s*** run that we did do you think the fans would have been as patient?

Entirely depends on the man in question and standard of football, to simply apply effect without cause is a pointless arguement.

If it wasn't Keegan that took over in January and we went on the same s*** run that we did do you think the fans would have been as patient?

Entirely depends on the man in question and standard of football, to simply apply effect without cause is a pointless arguement.

If it was anyone else other than Keegan (or Shearer) and they were manager in that run between him taking over up to the Birmingham game they would have been boo'd off the pitch, there's no doubt about that in my mind.

Difficulty for Sam is that a lot of fans probably had a pre-set idea of what Sam's style of football was going to be like. I agree it may have been harsh on the fella but Sam didnt really prove them wrong. I wasnt at the Villa game so I dont know what it was like.

Difficulty for Sam is that a lot of fans probably had a pre-set idea of what Sam's style of football was going to be like. I agree it may have been harsh on the fella but Sam didnt really prove them wrong. I wasnt at the Villa game so I dont know what it was like.

I was at Wigan and Derby away, and if he was still here they would have been my last games. Awful "tactician".

I was not booing, but very dissapointed. Instead of chasing a winner, he threw on Cacapa and took the pace out of the game with a few minutes left. And on top of all, we did'nt try too play football that day..I went from fucking Norway too watch that game, and you would expect an effort at least..?