One lump or two?

Guest Heneage

Guest Heneage

I thought i'd get the idea of semi-realistic types of player we could attain

Kamil Zayette, would you take him now? Move to hull not finalised.

Martin Laursen - Strong experienced very calming for Colocinni, 6-7m Villa would be hard pushed to say no.

Gianni Zuiverloon - Dutch lad U21, same price as Laursen Right back with pace and typical good Dutch Technique.

Elano - Slipped down the pecking order at City, might be audacious but with him creating like a Geovanni role we could have some major potential.

Lassana Diarra - Again debateable but Pompey could be in trouble, bow to his demand and give him the 90k but sign him to a 5 year deal, similar to Essien in attributes.

Armand Traore Loan - Arsenals squad is brimming and this guy has some major potential, as well as some terrific stamina.

Mauro Zarate -  On Loan to Lazio but is no way guranteed to stay played brilliantly in some games but his asking price of €15m could put many off.

Guest Heneage

You'd have to be out of your mind to pay 6/7m for Laursen. Good in the air but nothing special.

What? Who do you think has kept as many clean sheets for them, Laursen is a calming head for both Cuellar and Agger at senior level, he'd provide some much needed stability for Colocinni and his more dominant aerial prowess would compliment Colocinnis good ground play.

You'd have to be out of your mind to pay 6/7m for Laursen. Good in the air but nothing special.

What? Who do you think has kept as many clean sheets for them, Laursen is a calming head for both Cuellar and Agger at senior level, he'd provide some much needed stability for Colocinni and his more dominant aerial prowess would compliment Colocinnis good ground play.

We should get Hyypia in then and save about 6m.

Or we could always look at non-domestic players (and their inflated prices)...

Why would Zayette want to come here when right now Hull are very much on the up and we are very much, well, not?

Why would we pay that much money for a 31 year old defender who is starting matches at a better club for which he'd be insane to leave?

Why would Zuiverloon come to us mere months after joining West Brom? And why on earth would we pay way more than they did for him? He's not done anything to justify that.

Elano is still getting games for Man City and they'd ask for a lot to sell him, which I doubt they'd want to do in the first place and we'd not have enough to afford him anyway most probably.

How are Portsmouth in trouble? A couple of unlucky performances under a new manager and now they're in trouble? If he went anywhere it would be Tottenham.

Traore is already on loan at another club for the season.

If Zarate keeps putting the performances in for Lazio, they'll buy him permanently. If they can't it'll be down to the club that owns his registration inflating his pricetag. Do you really think we're in a position to be spending money on inflated pricetags right now?

I don't know what the deal is going to be when the window opens in regards to getting players in, it'll depend on who owns the club at that time. Either way we still have scouts working for us.

The likes of Zayatte have appeared impressive because he's playing for a side that's got good team spirit, good chemisty, a stable system and a good manager with good motivation. He'd probably be wank here. Plenty of limited players look so much better than what they are because their team performs well. Imagine Zayatte next to someone as volatile as Taylor.

The likes of Zayatte have appeared impressive because he's playing for a side that's got good team spirit, good chemisty, a stable system and a good manager with good motivation. He'd probably be wank here. Plenty of limited players look so much better than what they are because their team performs well. Imagine Zayatte next to someone as volatile as Taylor.

(point noted but...)

whereas he's currently lining up alongside the likes of Paul MacShane...

The same applies, though.

An obvious comparison to make is Bobby Robson's Newcastle side getting to the last sixteen of the Champions League with Hughes-Bramble-Dabizas-Bernard, who were all individually pretty wank at the time (Ollie improved a lot later on). Team spirit and team chemistry though, and you can do anything so long as they've got atleast a spot of ability.

An obvious comparison to make is Bobby Robson's Newcastle side getting to the last sixteen of the Champions League with Hughes-Bramble-Dabizas-Bernard, who were all individually pretty wank at the time (Ollie improved a lot later on). Team spirit and team chemistry though, and you can do anything so long as they've got atleast a spot of ability.

You obviously didn't go to the Mike Ashley School Of Football.

I didn't have the funds to.

That's alright, you don't have to spend any money anyway.

I thought i'd get the idea of semi-realistic types of player we could attain

Kamil Zayette, would you take him now? Move to hull not finalised.

Martin Laursen - Strong experienced very calming for Colocinni, 6-7m Villa would be hard pushed to say no.

Gianni Zuiverloon - Dutch lad U21, same price as Laursen Right back with pace and typical good Dutch Technique.

Elano - Slipped down the pecking order at City, might be audacious but with him creating like a Geovanni role we could have some major potential.

Lassana Diarra - Again debateable but Pompey could be in trouble, bow to his demand and give him the 90k but sign him to a 5 year deal, similar to Essien in attributes.

Armand Traore Loan - Arsenals squad is brimming and this guy has some major potential, as well as some terrific stamina.

Mauro Zarate -  On Loan to Lazio but is no way guranteed to stay played brilliantly in some games but his asking price of €15m could put many off.

You should write for the Daily Star. (I apologise if you already write for the Sun)

Guest Heneage

Offer Duff and £3 million for Franck Ribery.

Just for a laugh.

:lol:

The OP is hilarious.

Come on then Enlighten us with who you would buy in January. You regularly sit in your ivory tower flinging shite.

An obvious comparison to make is Bobby Robson's Newcastle side getting to the last sixteen of the Champions League with Hughes-Bramble-Dabizas-Bernard, who were all individually pretty w*** at the time (Ollie improved a lot later on). Team spirit and team chemistry though, and you can do anything so long as they've got atleast a spot of ability.

You do realise he put about £200m of his own cash into Newcastle don't you?

An obvious comparison to make is Bobby Robson's Newcastle side getting to the last sixteen of the Champions League with Hughes-Bramble-Dabizas-Bernard, who were all individually pretty w*** at the time (Ollie improved a lot later on). Team spirit and team chemistry though, and you can do anything so long as they've got atleast a spot of ability.

a) And now he's screwing us over until he gets it back with massive interest

b) I wasn't seriously suggesting that Yorkie-Geordie buys Newcastle United

a) And now he's screwing us over until he gets it back with massive interest

b) I wasn't seriously suggesting that Yorkie-Geordie buys Newcastle United

Shame, its the the most logical step.

Offer Duff and £3 million for Franck Ribery.

Just for a laugh.

The OP is hilarious.

Come on then Enlighten us with who you would buy in January. You regularly sit in your ivory tower flinging shite.

Laursen ffs. Why don't we whack in a bid for Ashley Young while we're at it. They've got Milner now after all.

Guest Heneage

Grow up eh, why not take up the offer. Same with toons taylor if its not jibes about what im studying its other petty jokes.