Given linked with Spurs

Syrette

Guest Heneage

He's the only one i'd not bemoan a move, Owen take note you t***.

What an idiotic comment to call Owen a t***. He's been nothing but a model professional at our club, and has handled all the s**** that's gone on around him brilliantly.

He's been touting a move away since day one, if you believe professionalism is allowing rumours to circulate about your future, when you are currently on well over 100k at your current club and have spent over a year warming a treatment table, then you are far more accepting than I.

Guest nufc_kev

He's the only one i'd not bemoan a move, Owen take note you t***.

What an idiotic comment to call Owen a t***. He's been nothing but a model professional at our club, and has handled all the s**** that's gone on around him brilliantly.

He's been touting a move away since day one, if you believe professionalism is allowing rumours to circulate about your future, when you are currently on well over 100k at your current club and have spent over a year warming a treatment table, then you are far more accepting than I.

Aye i'm sure Owen went to the world cup and thought "f*** it, i'll knack me knee so i dont have to play for the toon".

With regards to his "touting a move". Not once has he asked for a move. Not once has he said he was unhappy at NUFC. Not once has he said he was planning on leaving.

On numerous occasions he has said he was happy at nufc. On numerous occasion he has said he wanted to stay at nufc. On numerous occasions he has said he gets sick of talking about his future because it wasn't an issue to him. If you dont believe me, read his interview in The Mag last year.

Model professional, world class striker and a top bloke. I doubt see a striker of his quality at NUFC again in the next 20 years.

I for one wouldn't begrudge him a move to a better run club that the joke of NUFC.

He can choose to ignore the rumours if he wants to. Not every player has to come out denying them and declaring their love for NUFC. For someone like him it'd be a pointless gesture anyway, as the rumours (of which there are so many) would continue to circulate regardless of what he says.

Maybe you'd prefer to pay your money to watch ameobi, eh, kimbo?

What are you talking about? Because i don't think Owen is world i want to watch s*** players? Is that what you're saying? Is that your logic? Is it? Eh?

Guest neesy111

What are you talking about? Because i don't think Owen is world i want to watch s*** players? Is that what you're saying? Is that your logic? Is it? Eh?

I agree with kimbo, if he was world class, where are the world class team's coming in for him

I agree with kimbo, if he was world class, where are the world class team's coming in for him

We are still talking about Given aren't we?

Guest Heneage

Fair point UV.

How would people feel about Harper as full time replacement? It be sad to see Shay go and it should only be a step up.

Guest Sniffer

Put Michael Owen in a team that can actually play decent football and you will see that he is closer to world class than you seem to think. He needs a few games to get his timing back but he is light years ahead of anybody we have. You just had to watch his passing, awareness and movement even in the withdrawn role last season. Problem is he's dragged down to this level by the utter dross that he has to play with tbh. Martins may be spectacular at times but he doesn't have a footballing brain. Ameobi has neither but can con a moron like Kinnear just because he is big. I'd think that Owen has to wonder how the fuck things could go so wrong when he looks at who he has to play with.

Put Michael Owen in a team that can actually play decent football and you will see that he is closer to world class than you seem to think. He needs a few games to get his timing back but he is light years ahead of anybody we have. You just had to watch his passing, awareness and movement even in the withdrawn role last season. Problem is he's dragged down to this level by the utter dross that he has to play with tbh. Martins may be spectacular at times but he doesn't have a footballing brain. Ameobi has neither but can con a moron like Kinnear just because he is big. I'd think that Owen has to wonder how the f*** things could go so wrong when he looks at who he has to play with.

Owen is good, but he is not a top level player. Just because he was so many years ago, does not mean he is now. He had a chance to be a great, but he squandered that through bad career choices and unfortunate injuries. And it's ridiculous to say that he isn't performing because he's being pulled down by the players around him. I wonder if fans of Nicky Butt, Damien Duff, and Celestine Babayaro are saying the same

Guest Sniffer

Babayaro had the balls and heart of a mouse and was prepared to sit back on his contract putting in no effort at all.

Michael Owen is still the best player we have by a mile but is playing in a team that provides him with scraps. If you can't see that I'm wasting my time talking to you about football. Once he goes to villa, man city or spurs in January or any other team that doesn't think belting it up to a bulls knacker like ameobi is playing football, you'll see how good he is. Mentioning babayaro in the same sentence as Owen is absurd.........to most people. I doubt if KaKa oe Ronaldo would do much in our midfield.