Reserves Vs Blackburn

Guest smoggeordie

Guest Geordiesned

Yet another PR triumph for Shepherd and Co!

From www.nufc.com;

Not everyone enjoyed the reserve game on Monday though, with the club's latest dim - witted policy seeing some fans leaving - unable to see the game.

In what looks like a financial move to save on stewards, three sides of Kingston Park now stand empty - including a covered standing area and a stand with thousands of seats.

That leaves the fans, club officials and guests to take up the one remaining small stand and uncovered standing space in front (leaving a sterile area for the open dugouts - that'll be nice for the visiting team when the weather turns)....

And with two thirds of the stand not open to the public and only a small section of raised terrace, anyone failing to get there in time to bag a seat is forced to stand two and three deep at pitch level.

While that's not a problem for many punters - who do the same at local non-league grounds - it's certainly a showstopper for younger and older fans, several of whom could be seen leaving tonight shortly after kickoff.

And those people with seats were forced to put up with the usual mob of teenage delinquents and their tedious/vulgar outbursts - which saw at least one family with youngsters heading home just after half time. 

With no PA again and no mention of the game in the local press, one could be forgiven for thinking that there was deliberate move to deter fans from watching these fixtures.

From www.nufc.com;

Not everyone enjoyed the reserve game on Monday though, with the club's latest dim - witted policy seeing some fans leaving - unable to see the game.

In what looks like a financial move to save on stewards, three sides of Kingston Park now stand empty - including a covered standing area and a stand with thousands of seats.

That leaves the fans, club officials and guests to take up the one remaining small stand and uncovered standing space in front (leaving a sterile area for the open dugouts - that'll be nice for the visiting team when the weather turns)....

And with two thirds of the stand not open to the public and only a small section of raised terrace, anyone failing to get there in time to bag a seat is forced to stand two and three deep at pitch level.

While that's not a problem for many punters - who do the same at local non-league grounds - it's certainly a showstopper for younger and older fans, several of whom could be seen leaving tonight shortly after kickoff.

And those people with seats were forced to put up with the usual mob of teenage delinquents and their tedious/vulgar outbursts - which saw at least one family with youngsters heading home just after half time.   

With no PA again and no mention of the game in the local press, one could be forgiven for thinking that there was deliberate move to deter fans from watching these fixtures.

bluesigh.gif

Guest Gemmill

Just to keep things in perspective, its only a reserves match and he's playing to get match fitness for a game only 3 days later.

Yeah I'm sure he was given specific instructions to go out there an look disinterested.  Fucking hell will you people stoop to anything in your excuse-making for this lazy arsehole?

As for scottass earlier in the thread saying "fair play" to Luque if he now has a "fuck you, now you need me to play" attitude towards his employer.  When you respect that level of professionalism from players, then you deserve someone like Luque to be a drain on the resources at your club.  Moronic.

Guest thompers

Just to keep things in perspective, its only a reserves match and he's playing to get match fitness for a game only 3 days later.

Yeah I'm sure he was given specific instructions to go out there an look disinterested.  Fucking hell will you people stoop to anything in your excuse-making for this lazy arsehole?

As for scottass earlier in the thread saying "fair play" to Luque if he now has a "fuck you, now you need me to play" attitude towards his employer.  When you respect that level of professionalism from players, then you deserve someone like Luque to be a drain on the resources at your club.  Moronic.

However, if he was a GEORDIE lazy fuckwit, he'd be getting played week in week out for the next 4 years.

However, play the geordie lazy twat with no ability over the spanish lazy twat with plenty of ability....

Guest Gemmill

However, if he was a GEORDIE lazy fuckwit, he'd be getting played week in week out for the next 4 years.

However, play the geordie lazy twat with no ability over the spanish lazy twat with plenty of ability....

The fact that Luque with all of his ability is significantly less effective for us when called upon than the "GEORDIE lazy fuckwit" kind of blows your argument apart.  You won't be able to see that though, preferring instead to drone on about "Shola wouldn't get a game for a pub team" etc etc.

Guest The Fox

From www.nufc.com;

bluesigh.gif

What a shambles and shepherd thinks we are a top club.

Yeah I'm sure he was given specific instructions to go out there an look disinterested.  ****ing hell will you people stoop to anything in your excuse-making for this lazy arsehole?

In fairness, "your people" will never pass up a chance to get on Luque's back, even if its just a completely meaningless reserves match against Blackburn. I doubt that anyone else would get half the stick he gets if they didn't perform under the same circumstances.

Anyway, save it for the aftermath of ... whichever game Roeder chooses to start him in. At least any criticism he gets after that is justifiable.

I think Luque is quality. If the nob Roeder had a clue about football he would give him a run of games, OK Sibierski has been alright for us, but is 'alright' good enough? Has luque ever started more than 5 games in a row? How can anyone perform of a high standard without a real run of games?

Roeder worries me.

Watford - Relegated

West Ham - Relegated

Newcastle - .........

Hat Trick for Roeder?

I'm actually scared.

You can say we are to good to go down and i know its still early in the season, but were't West Ham to good to go down aswell?? Di Canio, Kanoute, Sir Les, Joe Cole, Johnson.

This club needs sortin......FAST!

Guest Gemmill

Yes I do, occasionally. I also watch English football, where Luque has been shit.

OMG, English football SO doesn't count when judging Luque!111

Soooo looking forward to relying on him against the form Italian side come Thursday

After this performance we may as well play 4-6-0.

Nice logic of NUFC to risk our only fit striker 3 days before a Uefa Cup tie.

more a case of giving him an hour to keep his match fitness up imo

Its great Sibi is back, he could play upfront alone I reckon, so pack the midfield and see if we cant drag out a 0-0.

Cannot belive I am goign for a 4-5-1 but I am.  blueeek.gif

------------------Harper

Carr------Taylor-------Moore------Baba

-----------------Bramble

Nobby----Parker--------Butt------Duff

--------------------Sibi

Its great Sibi is back, he could play upfront alone I reckon, so pack the midfield and see if we cant drag out a 0-0.

Cannot belive I am goign for a 4-5-1 but I am.  blueeek.gif

------------------Harper

-----------------Bramble

--------------------Sibi

playing bramble there instead of butt with zog alongside parker is madness imo

------------------Harper

-----------------Bramble

--------------------Sibi

That's a joke right?

Right?

Guest Gemmill

We should be playing as many second-choice players as we have registered for UEFA competition and concentrating on the game against Sheffield United on Saturday.  I'd take a defeat in Palermo and a win on Saturday.  We can't afford a result in Palermo followed by defeat at the weekend.

Guest nufcandy

We should be playing as many second-choice players as we have registered for UEFA competition and concentrating on the game against Sheffield United on Saturday. I'd take a defeat in Palermo and a win on Saturday. We can't afford a result in Palermo followed by defeat at the weekend.

both would be a trifle nice

Guest Gemmill

We should be playing as many second-choice players as we have registered for UEFA competition and concentrating on the game against Sheffield United on Saturday. I'd take a defeat in Palermo and a win on Saturday. We can't afford a result in Palermo followed by defeat at the weekend.

Obviously. 

Guest nufcandy

Obviously.

aye