JFK staying for another month

Guest Chubby Jason

Guest Chubby Jason

KINNEAR TO STAY FOR ANOTHER MONTH

Posted 22/11/08 18:00

Email

Print

Save

Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear has revealed he has been given another month in charge at the club.

Kinnear watched his side hold Chelsea to a goalless draw at Stamford Bridge and then said owner Mike Ashley had asked him to remain at the helm for a further month.

Ashley also told Kinnear, currently on a rolling one-month deal, the club are in talks with various interested parties but are still no closer to a sale.

American interest in the club has stalled because their offer was well below the cash wanted by Ashley.

"The deal was to be in charge until the club was sold and nothing has changed since then to be honest," said Kinnear.

"But I have been informed that I am here for another month and that will bring us up to the transfer window.

"So if I can twist his arm and get a few quid out of him, I can buy a couple of players.

"Mike told me I would be here for another month on Friday. The club has not got a buyer yet but people are talking to them. So far, nobody has come up with the cash.

"Mike said they were Americans but the offer they made was well below his estimation of what the club was worth."

Shut your fucking mouth Kinnear. Tell us your here for another month and leave it at that. Dont start going on about Americans, transfers and such forth.

Will he never learn the thick twat

Take some of your own advice.

Shut your fucking mouth Kinnear. Tell us your here for another month and leave it at that. Dont start going on about Americans, transfers and such forth.

fuck off

Doesn't look like there will be any new owners by the time the window opens then, so basically we're not gonna spend anything!

crap.

Guess that will be owen off in Jan as well, or at least agree to sign for a new club.

fuck off

Would you prefer Chris Hughton for the next month then? I'm sure he'd keep his mouth shut about Americans and transfers.

Learn what?  Or is this just you taking another opportunity to have a go at him after a decent result today?

Pathetic

:dontknow:

Keegan could have given Ashley a chinese burn and still not got a few more quid out of him. It really would be a pisstake if Kinnear was allowed to spend money on players this January.

I think Kineear will have to sell to buy so I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

Learn what?  Or is this just you taking another opportunity to have a go at him after a decent result today?

Pathetic

Not at all. I am only having a go at him because he himself has brought this up within 90 minutes of the final whistle of a match in which we have earned a very valuable point.

I am just fed up him coming out about things like "D-Day" and "it will all come out after the Chelsea match". Its quotes like this that are adding to the uncertainty.

He didnt need to come out with information about Americans talking to the club but not coming up with the right offer. Its not relevant to today when all he, as manager of the team, should be talking about is the match

Keegan could have given Ashley a chinese burn and still not got a few more quid out of him. It really would be a pisstake if Kinnear was allowed to spend money on players this January.

I think Kineear will have to sell to buy so I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

And i don't think he'd hesitate to do that, either. If we see the likes of Enrique and Xisco sacrificed for cloggers like Riise, i'll be livid. Wouldn't be surprised to see it, either.

Loans i'm fine with. But Kinnear shouldn't be allowed to sanction the permanent comings and goings of players, and i'd be saying that if he'd won every single game since he came in.

fuck off

Would you prefer Chris Hughton for the next month then? I'm sure he'd keep his mouth shut about Americans and transfers.

No. I would prefer Joe Kinnear. But I would prefer Joe Kinnear to say he is here for another month and leave it at that. Dont say things that in months time, he is going to have to contradict.

I don't really get this attitude towards Kinnear that some fans have. You would think he had been appointed permanently rather than given another month judging by some reactions. He's not the answer but how many temporary managers are? Every time there is a bad result (not today obviously) there's people popping up to throw abuse, despite the fact he's got us some half decent results. Some fans really need to wind their necks in as far as I'm concerned.

Pathetic

Not at all. I am only having a go at him because he himself has brought this up within 90 minutes of the final whistle of a match in which we have earned a very valuable point.

I am just fed up him coming out about things like "D-Day" and "it will all come out after the Chelsea match". Its quotes like this that are adding to the uncertainty.

He didnt need to come out with information about Americans talking to the club but not coming up with the right offer. Its not relevant to today when all he, as manager of the team, should be talking about is the match

I could well be wrong, but I would imagine he was answering direct questions :dontknow:

Guest firetotheworks

So if Joe Kinnear doesnt say anything about whats going on then who does? Ashley? Lambias? Youd be whinging if there was nothing coming out of the club at all. At least we know what Kinnear does. He's a daft cunt but I like his honesty, because were not going to hear it from anywhere else in the club.

If I have over reacted then I apologise.

I just wish it was a case of "I am in charge until you hear otherwise" and then he got on with managing the team.

But every month, or every so often, he appears to come out with stuff and dates and timelines that just havent happened and to me it just makes him look silly.

I have nothing against him personally and I will be forever grateful for him coming in at a time when no one else would touch us with a bargepole.

I just wish he wouldnt talk about stuff about the takeover because, whether its of own volition or not, is making him look a little foolish.