Kinnear signs contract to the end of the season.

fuhg

Guest The Libertine

and once again a big thanks to all the protesters and boycoutters out there. i hope you're all happy.

Fuck off.

Do you honestly think Ashley would have spent any money in January with a "proper" manager in place or do you think the squad would suddenly have become adequate?

yes. and the squad is adequate. the manager is shit though.

Ha!

Explain that one, please.

our squad/first team is better now than it has been in many a year. simple.

Who one who is half decent would of taken the job right now anyway? The reason we ended up with Kinnear is because no bugger would go near it with a 10 foot barge pole in the first place in the current mess. Has anything changed in 2 months or so ? If we got rid of him we would be back to square one, with our best bet being Shearer, who sounds like he wont have anything to do with this regime.  At least we have some stability until the end of the season now.

Who One Who plays in the J League and hasn't got his Pro Licence yet.

and once again a big thanks to all the protesters and boycoutters out there. i hope you're all happy.

Fuck off.

Do you honestly think Ashley would have spent any money in January with a "proper" manager in place or do you think the squad would suddenly have become adequate?

Ha!

Still doesn't mean that it's adequate though.

Guest toonlass

So should we read this as the club is not going to be sold until at least the summer, as I cannot see any potential investor looking at Newcastle United and thinking "Hmmmm, Joe Kinnear, he's the bloke to do the job"?

Guest icemanblue

Fuck off.

Ha!

:lol:

Guest timmy boy

Who one who is half decent would of taken the job right now anyway? The reason we ended up with Kinnear is because no bugger would go near it with a 10 foot barge pole in the first place in the current mess. Has anything changed in 2 months or so ? If we got rid of him we would be back to square one, with our best bet being Shearer, who sounds like he wont have anything to do with this regime.  At least we have some stability until the end of the season now.

Thats the one :lol:

Guest The Libertine

and the owner saying he doesnt feel his family is safe at matches doesnt add to this in any way? the fans protesting at matches doesnt add to it?

Lets get behind him.

The season was another write off when Keegan spat his dummy and ran away.

Stay in the prem, look for a buyer, strengthen the squad & lower the wage bill should be our priorities (in that order) from now till next season.

No one will have us in this wild period, and he hasn't done too bad and is pretty much a likeable character.

Guest The Libertine

Fuck off.

Ha!

we're moving forward. or at least we were. our first team is at least as good as anyone around us. a decent manager would have us at mid table, maybe slightly higher.

Hate to say it,  but if the club simply isn't get sold soon,  then its the best decision to make.  You can't change the manager again now,  and the players and staff know now the deal until the end of the season.

Heres hoping to a big overhaul in the summer,  mind.

Thats the one :lol:

Timmy!

Fuck off.

Ha!

we're moving forward. or at least we were. our first team is at least as good as anyone around us. a decent manager would have us at mid table, maybe slightly higher.

Our central midfield options aren't good enough, and for me that's the key area to win matches. Coloccini doesn't have a partner who is proven good enough, we have some rather injury prone players, which means we need a good enough squad, something which we don't have.

Guest The Libertine

Fuck off.

Ha!

Our central midfield options aren't good enough, and for me that's the key area to win matches. Coloccini doesn't have a partner who is proven good enough, we have some rather injury prone players, which means we need a good enough squad, something which we don't have.

if we got a better manager instead of kinnear, would we be higher up the league? thats what it comes down to since the transfer window has been shut.

Perhaps if our spineless owner hadn't shit himself and spat the dummy out (ironic, right?) after a couple of charvas and people with banners had a go, he'd been able to go out and get a decent manager to suit his amazing system instead of creating conditions where we're now scraping the bottom of the barrel like this.

Guest Darth Toon

Aye, because Gus Poyet would definitely have kept us up.

When are people going to get this shit??

Fuck off.

Ha!

if we got a better manager instead of kinnear, would we be higher up the league? thats what it comes down to since the transfer window has been shut.

So we can just ignore the transfer window then? As I've said this has been our problem for years now and it's not something new.

Perhaps if our spineless owner hadn't shit himself and spat the dummy out (ironic, right?) after a couple of charvas and people with banners had a go, he'd been able to go out and get a decent manager to suit his amazing system instead of creating conditions where we're now scraping the bottom of the barrel like this.

Freddy would have been in his element with that kind of protesting.

Guest The Libertine

Fuck off.

Ha!

So we can just ignore the transfer window then? As I've said this has been our problem for years now and it's not something new.

the transfer window has been shut since kinnear has been here so its not an issue. so like i said, if we got a better manager instead of kinnear, would we be higher up the league?

actually, without wanting to "go there", would we be higher up the league if keegan was still here?

Fuck off.

Ha!

the transfer window has been shut since kinnear has been here so its not an issue. so like i said, if we got a better manager instead of kinnear, would we be higher up the league?

actually, without wanting to "go there", would we be higher up the league if keegan was still here?

Aye mate I feel we would.

All I was commenting on is that I don't think the squad is good enough, the squad as a whole.

Guest Stephen927

Lets get behind him.

The season was another write off when Keegan spat his dummy and ran away.

Stay in the prem, look for a buyer, strengthen the squad & lower the wage bill should be our priorities (in that order) from now till next season.

No one will have us in this wild period, and he hasn't done too bad and is pretty much a likeable character.

This.

No point whinging, he's signed. None of us know the conditions with regards to potential buyers/managers interested in the job.

Guest optimistic nit

Fuck off.

The squad isn't adequate at all. How can Nicky Butt still be starting and yet the squad is deemed good enough. We have holes all over the place in the squad. This isn't something new though we've had this problem for seasons now. And it's frustrating seeing the same things just being ignored. At least the right idea was had in the summer by trying to get Modric/Aimar.

its adequate compared to mid table and even top half teams. not good enough if we want to push for europe, but your making it sound like we're the only team with holes in our squad. its not a good squad, but it would see us top half this season if we had a decent manager in charge.

unfortunately we have a retarded cockfaced shithouse, and unless we are very lucky i think we'll get relegated this season.

Guest The Libertine

Fuck off.

Ha!

Aye mate I feel we would.

All I was commenting on is that I don't think the squad is good enough, the squad as a whole.

i agree its not good enough but it is adequate. a better manager would drag a few extra points out of the current squad.