2009 Under 21 EURO's

Kasper

Some fantastic goals in that Sweden game like. That midfielder who set up Berg's goal with that chip looks a decent player.

Wasn't a midfielder, Ola Toivonen is a striker playing for PSV already.

After todays game I seriously think we are in with a chance to win this. Berg-Toivonen is a great partnership and Rasmus Elm is probably one of the best midfielders in the tournament. Some really fantastic goals in the game for those who haven't seen them.

Toivonen started quite well in PSV. 6 goals in 14 games or something like that. Dont forget that the dutch league is worse than ever though..

There are some good players in the sweden U-21 team that we could possibly attract though.  Gustav Svensson who shot that screamer is a good defensive midfielder. Rasmus Bengtsson is  a great centre back. Also of interst is Emir Bajrami and Robin Söder

Guest rinaldo #18

I'd really like Rasmus Bengtsson and Rasmus Elm. Bengtsson is a center back who's really comfortable with the ball and Rasmus Elm is one of the best midfielders in the tournament and also a regular in the full Swedish National Team. Bengtsson plays in Trelleborg and Elm in Kalmar FF in Allsvenskan so going to Newcastle would actually be a step up..

We have no chance getting Elm - he will go to a better club in a better league.

True. He's never going to come here, also recently signed a new contract with Kalmar and turned down a move to Fulham in January. Rasmus Bengtsson is still a bit raw but could well develop into a very good player.

Robin Söder is another one to look out for, scored a lot of goals last season and reminds me of a young Henrik Larsson.

Guest Heneage

If we have scouts at this tournament they have to be careful the 2 best performers in the last tournament Maceo Reigters and Drenthe went on to have very poor seasons.

Haven't used much time lately thinking about it but Sweden has some really promising and good players coming up, and i'm starting to be a bit annoyed at those present at the senior squad who stops these youngsters from playing in the first eleven.  :harry:

But you are from Norway ???

Haven't used much time lately thinking about it but Sweden has some really promising and good players coming up, and i'm starting to be a bit annoyed at those present at the senior squad who stops these youngsters from playing in the first eleven.  :harry:

Indeed. Getting tired of Daniel Andersson(especially), Henrik Larsson and Mikael Nilsson still getting starts ahead of some of these players..

Btw, in the biggest Swedish newspaper today they had a big article about all the scouts coming to the U21's. In their selection of "big clubs" being represented at the tournament they had Arsenal, Bayern Münich, Chelsea, Everton, Hamburg, Inter, Liverpool, Man Utd, Man C, Lyon, Real M, Stuttgart, Spurs, Valencia, Werder Bremen, Zenit.......and Newcastle, the only big club not playing top flight football.